Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sick right before surgery!

My surgery is next wednesday and I woke up this morning sick as a dog. I'm pretty sure I have strep throat, I go to the doctor in an hour. I hope this doesn't effect my surgery, I'm so worried about it. Please send me some get well vibes!!!!!!

What did the Doc say? I hope all goes well for you! I had a huge infected abcess in my tooth just before my surgery and I had an emergency extraction, then was on antiobiotics. Thank goodness it all worked out and my surgery went on as planned. I hope the same goes for you!

Let us know!

I got my "friend" on the day of surgery. I had to wear these surgical strechy undies with the hospital size pad, talk about uncomfortable. But it didn't matter.

I am guessing that if you are having breathing problems you might have to postpone. Check with the surgeons office ASAP.

i had a stomach flu, the worst, most violent i have ever had. I had it for 3 whole days, severe vomitting and diarhea, I got well 2 days before surgery!!!!! and it was fine!!! ......now yours most likely is some sort of infectio0n, and that could be a different story, so definelty check with your dr......trust me the post op is bad enough on its own you dont want to make it worse by going ahead when you are really sick with something that can really affect you....so go with whatever your dr says!!!!!!

I don't have strep thank god! He just said I had a virus...the easy answer to everything...lol. I just have a cold. I feel a lot better today than I did yesterday but I sound like a man now...lol. I went to bed about 6:30 last night and didn't get up until 11 today, I don't think I've slept that long since before I had kids. I called to my surgeons office today and they said that unless I get worse that I will mostlikely be fine for surgery. So, that's a relief. I'm just going to keep taking the meds they gave me and hopefully I'll be better by the weekend.

I'll send good fast healing vibes your way.?!!!!

~~~~~~~heal~~~~

rest...rest...rest....

WHEW!!! So happy to hear that it wasn't strep! Sounds like you really needed that rest too. Take it easy and I'm sending happy healing your way!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches