Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Else fear That Hillary Has No Chance?

I have no comment as I am still reeling from your other name calling post

...But conveniently duck behind the "free will" bullshit anytime anyone asks about why six million Jews were slaughtered by the nazi's? Or why a perfectly innocent baby is allowed to get murdered by it's drugged out/psychotic/sadistic parents?

If I hear one more brain dead turd thanking "god" for their accomplishments at an award show I think I'm going to vomit.

Perhaps the saddest part of all is that these brain, dead poor excuses of protoplasm have the right to vote.

Ughhhhhh

So spending billions of dollars (weekly) on a war we shouldn't have waged is what you think makes an economy strong? And our presence in Iraq is scaring the beejeebers out of the rest of the world and that makes us strong as a country? A more respected country than if we had a woman or a black running our country? And the economy under Bill Clinton was not better than the economy now? And the economy when the Dems were in office was just a facade - only to come crumbling down when the Repubicans took office - through no fault of their own? And the fact that your president, who was involved up to his cufflinks in one deal that left investors poor and reeling, came out unscathed in one of the worst episodes of banking corruption is nothing to criticize? Your personal wealth has grown under his "reign" and so that makes this a good economy? The Fed is having to artificially stimulate the economy any way they can and you think that this is a better economy? You think that the economy was only better under the Democrats because of the so-called "artificial conditions" on Wall Street in the 90's? Say what?

I honestly can't understand much of what I've read on this thread by Repubican supporters. Yeah, I know I've jumbled some of the posts together, but that's how it reads to me. I guess that's why we have more than one choice in elections, huh?

I can't blame anyone for Democratic Bill Clinton leaving a bad taste in their mouth (pun, intended) but to say that George W. Bush is the better man, the better leader, the more honest man, with higher morals, is ludicrous. And to dislike the whole Democratic party and agenda because of Bill Clinton is likewise ridiculous. At least some of you are willing to step up to the plate and come right out with it. You think that if you vote for a Democrat, you're voting for droves and droves of Americans to just stop working and live off the dole. (Btw, I thought the most promising part of Bob Dole running for office was the promise of his wife's input.)

Well I guess how Dubya behaved toward the people after Hurricane Katrina could lead you to believe that there's no chance of people getting a "free ride" with the Repubicans at the helm. That's comforting.

I know of no one in their right mind who thinks Americans should get a free meal ticket just for being American. We may need welfare reform, and we have had some that has helped, but Repubicans have had the power for the past 7 years to make that happen and what we got was a measley token tax cut that we all got checks for - which was pretty silly - and now it's about to happen again. Ah, the saints be praised. Want more of the same? Then by all means, vote Repubican. Yes, I do know how to spell. I'm just having fun. :wink2:

So spending billions of dollars (weekly) on a war we shouldn't have waged is what you think makes an economy strong?

Yes

And our presence in Iraq is scaring the beejeebers out of the rest of the world and that makes us strong as a country?

It makes the world more respectful of American power. I have no problem whatsoever with the idea of an American "Empire". If we are going to fall like the romans did (somthing I hear moonbats screech about all the time) then I say let us go out just like them! after 500 years of world domination!!!

A more respected country than if we had a woman or a black running our country?

Your latent liberal racism is showing through. What makes a woman or black a "better" person to run this country? Shouldn't we have the best person for the job?

And the economy under Bill Clinton was not better than the economy now?

Didn't I already explain this?

And the economy when the Dems were in office was just a facade - only to come crumbling down when the Repubicans took office - through no fault of their own?

I am no economist but doesn't the economy have its ups and downs? and for the past 7-8 years we have had an extremly strong economy with the Dow reaching record highs. Just like in the 90's

And the fact that your president, who was involved up to his cufflinks in one deal that left investors poor and reeling, came out unscathed in one of the worst episodes of banking corruption is nothing to criticize?

Your president as well my dear, you arean American are you not? I assume you are speaking of the enron scandal, if so I remind you that the fraud was perpetrated throughout the 90s and many democratas were up to thier ears in the scandal as well.

Your personal wealth has grown under his "reign" and so that makes this a good economy?

one of the hallmarks of a good economy mean that people get MORE money? I understand this is hard for you to understand but is IS pretty basic Eco. 101

The Fed is having to artificially stimulate the economy any way they can and you think that this is a better economy?

a throughly bipartisan effort so I fail to see what your problem is.

You think that the economy was only better under the Democrats because of the so-called "artificial conditions" on Wall Street in the 90's? Say what?

Yes

I can tell you right now peeps..... I will be voteing for her. I think its going to take a women to straighten out this country. Well she probley wo'nt be able to in just 8 years, but she would make a good dent in getting it back on track. She is very quilifed to lead this country.

I guess the only statistics that really matter to me are how my own finances have been throughout the years.

Like Transformer - I'm voting for the candidate that closely mirrors my beliefs & wallet. As someone who was part of the Dot.Com world, life for me and DH in the late 90's was fantastic!, enough so for me to "retire" from that world in my 30's. I don't have any hangups about the Clintons what so ever, I would have no problem her being our President - nor would I Edwards or Obama for that matter.

Derick, I find you very charming - however the "American Empire" that the current administration has been after, has left the American infrastructure in total disaray, and "us" an embarrassment among the Global World.

Derick: I'm with luluc, you're charming. I find you hilarious sometimes and your latest is the funniest of anything I've ever read of yours.

On the off chance you were being serious at all, I must say that your logic defies logic, and is contrary to reality. On the off chance you listen to the likes of Rush Limbaugh, it is understandable.

It strikes me that the American economy was in better shape under Clinton's watch. At the present time you have a huge deficit, you are engaged in this Iraqi war, and the price tag for this stunt is already in the trillions. Some economists have commented that this government has mortgaged your grandchildren's future.

There is, moreover, the sub-prime mess, another ugly business which is losing you more foreign friends since money knows no borders: you should be aware that foreign investors have been indirectly exposed to this bluddy mess. (Indeed, I am one, sez Green grumpily.)

The Katrina calamity was so horribly mishandled that Cuba offered its help. Certainly the first folks on the site of this disaster were the NGOs - the non-governmental organisations. These are charitable organisations (such as the Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, etc) which are typically found operating in third world environments, ones which are in extreme distress. The federal government really did drop the ball on Katrina.

I am aware that Americans are awfully fond of Ronald Reagan. (As a foreigner I never got it.) But something of which you should be aware, however, is this: your national economy was healthier under Clinton's watch than it was under the Gipper's. When he left office he left behind a rather unattractive national debt load. This had been whittled down under the Clinton Demos but now that mini-Bush is engaging in expensive wars and cutting taxes your fiscal health is looking pretty lousy.

What does this mean in practical terms? Well, first of all, ask yourselves how these wars are going to be paid for if taxes are cut? Where is the money going to come from? If the government isn't going to pay cash then the government is putting it on the credit card or on an international loan. This means that you, citizens, will get your lousy short term tax break but will end up on the hook long term for all of you American tax payers will be stuck paying interest on these loans, won't you? This is why those economists have commented that this ill-advised Iraq war has mortagaged the future of your grandchildren.

The second effect of this financial mismanagement is that the American dollar no longer has the same street cred on the international financial money market. This means that the dollar will have less value and that anything which you wish to buy internationally will cost you much more money. This is a drag for anyone who wants to go for a holiday. It is an even bigger drag when your country is buying fossil fuels.

I don't know how much the average American profits from tax cuts. Our current Conservative government has presented the Canadian citizen with tax cuts but to tell you the truth for most of us the actual benefit which the middle class Canuck sees is less than a thousand bucks. And that is no big deal, eh.

Like Transformer - I'm voting for the candidate that closely mirrors my beliefs & wallet.

Many Republicans like to comment that they are voting with their wallets. It is important to understand that there are both long term as well as short term benefits to various fiscal policies. Sometimes short term pain is best for long term gain.

I think that ALL of the candidates have skeletons in their closets. I wouldn't choose any of them to be my friend quite honestly. However, to me, it is choosing the lesser of the evils, so to speak. I go back and forth between Romney and Huckabee. There are things I like and dislike about both of them, but I think both of them would make good presidents. However, if it's between Obama (his background scares me more than anyone!) or Hillary (I won't even get into that!), or Huckabee or Romney, I would absolutely choose Huckabee or Romney any day of the week and twice on Sundays.

So spending billions of dollars (weekly) on a war we shouldn't have waged is what you think makes an economy strong? And our presence in Iraq is scaring the beejeebers out of the rest of the world and that makes us strong as a country? A more respected country than if we had a woman or a black running our country? And the economy under Bill Clinton was not better than the economy now? And the economy when the Dems were in office was just a facade - only to come crumbling down when the Repubicans took office - through no fault of their own? And the fact that your president, who was involved up to his cufflinks in one deal that left investors poor and reeling, came out unscathed in one of the worst episodes of banking corruption is nothing to criticize? Your personal wealth has grown under his "reign" and so that makes this a good economy? The Fed is having to artificially stimulate the economy any way they can and you think that this is a better economy? You think that the economy was only better under the Democrats because of the so-called "artificial conditions" on Wall Street in the 90's? Say what?

Recently, I think most democrats and republican are all acting the same. They make the same policies and say the same things. Democrats want John McCain to win the nomination because, although he says he's republican, everything else he says is deomcrat. So if he wins, who cares?

Also, everyone wants to not support the war in Iraq. But, they have all forgotten that, right after 9/11, we all put flags on our cars and called ourselves American (not African-American, Hispanic-American, etc. Just American). People say that the only reason we're still there is for oil. Great! That's a perfect reason for me. I use gasoline to get to work every day. And at over $3.00 a gallon, let's go! It's how I feed my family. I will never put the families of someone else (whether from this country or not) over mine.

I think most people have selective memories when it comes to history...me included! We take the parts of history that serve our purpose...me included again! However, we did not get to be a great nation by rolling over. I think my grandfathers' generation, the generation that fought in WWII, would be appalled at some of the policies and attitudes happening today. I prefer people who fight for what they believe, even if I disagree with it. I can respect someone who takes a stand, puts their own life on the line, and demands to be heard over someone who thinks we can do it with kindness. People call our enemies Muslim extremists. My question is, why aren't WE extremists? We were appalled at the soldiers for making the Muslim prisoners act like gay men. It's against their religion and we should respect that. Guess what! It's against mine too and I'm every bit as religious as they are! And even if you disagree with me, as I'm sure most of you will, I can respect that, because, after all, this IS America! My favorite quote is that I may not believe in what you are saying, but I will fight for your right to say it.

People want to make this presidential race about being black, a woman, or "other" (Republican). It's not. It's about who will make our nation stronger, rather than weaken it, regardless of their pigmentation or genitalia. It IS about scaring the "beejeebers" out of the rest of the world. Yes, that is exactly what makes us a strong country. I, for one, am an "extremist" American. And anyone who is anti-American is my enemy.