Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone Else fear That Hillary Has No Chance?

In talking with others about this election I have been frankly shocked at the level of vitriol expressed by virtually everyone about Hillary. The sentiment seems to range from mild distaste ("She's not my cup of tea") to outright outrage/hatred (I'd vote for Jeffrey Dahmer before I'd vote for Hillary"). What shocks me the most is that the most strident comments seem to emanate from women.

Anyway, with McCain seeming to have locked up the Re-puke-lican nomination, I fear that he's a formidable opponent who Hillary probably can't beat in a general election. I think Obama makes a much more compelling candidate but I really doubt the backroom Democratic bigwigs will allow him to get the nod.

What's really sad is that the faux populist "I'm one of the people" scummy personal injury lawyer, Edwards would probably have the best chance against McCain but [thankfully] he'll never get the nomination.

McCain's biggest negatives will be his stances on the Iraq war and immigration. One wonders if he can overcome those negatives. And, of course, his age and health will also be big factors. The Re-pukes better watch carefully who his VP nominee is. There's a good chance we'd see him in the Oval Office before the end of McCain's term in the unhappy event that he'd be elected.

I guess what I'm trying to say is here we have an election that the Repukes basically gave to the Dems and it looks to me like we blew it.

I'm very disheartened.

In a word, no.

I do, however, wish that he'd get the nomination because I see him as being pretty easily beatable.

Survery saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaays...............:lol:

OMG this is beautiful! I love your smiley and sure needed some fun this morning!

I'd vote for almost any of the Repubs, not REPUKES, over Hillary except huckabee and guliani. Hillary has a lot of good qualities, she is one of the few first wives to have such an outstanding career seperate of her husband. She accomplished many great things even before Bill was pres.

She wouldn't be the worst choice by far. I'm hoping Romney keeps chugging along. I"m loving him.

I don't hate Barrack either, he has great qualities as well. I think this election is fascinating. Quite a few quality people to choose from. I'm looking foward to seeing what happens.

I'd vote for almost any of the Repubs, not REPUKES, over Hillary except huckabee and guliani. Hillary has a lot of good qualities, she is one of the few first wives to have such an outstanding career seperate of her husband. She accomplished many great things even before Bill was pres.

She wouldn't be the worst choice by far. I'm hoping Romney keeps chugging along. I"m loving him.

I don't hate Barrack either, he has great qualities as well. I think this election is fascinating. Quite a few quality people to choose from. I'm looking foward to seeing what happens.

Oh I agree. This is the most interesting set of potential candidates in many years of elections. And it is encouraging more interest than ever in the election process. Now if the mudslinging stays to a minimum I will be happy (but I won't hold my breath).

Honestly, I think we're in for a big improvement over what we've currently got, as long as Huckabee isn't the one voted in. At the moment, he's the only one that REALLY gives me the creeps. I keep wanting to use the sign for the evil eye against him.

Condi Rice, huh? Now that is a scary thought. It would be like reelecting Dubya. Except she doesn't sport a silly grin as often.

I honestly do not think that Barack Obama can get elected. There are a lot of people who are being very quiet on the opposing side, just hoping against hope that he is the Democratic nominee. There is a much better chance that Hillary can be elected than Obama. In my humble opinion, of course. We might see a Clinton/Obama ticket and I'm not sure what would happen in that case - I believe they might be able to win. But I absolutely do not believe that Obama can win the presidency at this juncture.

I used to like John McCain. I thought I would be able to support him if he got the nomination. But alas, he has over time shown his true colors. He, like most, says what he thinks the people want to hear. But he is so blasted conservative that I just cannot fathom another stint of that ultra-right, blinders-on focus.

I am surprised that so many people are rabidly against Edwards. He has proven himself to be a very eloquent man who has what I consider to be a good track record. Do you think he suffers discrimination because of his successful career? If you do, have you really studied what all he fought for?

Frankly Mitt is for the birds, along with Huckabee. The Demos hope that one of them or Guliani will be the Republican choice. Then we'd be talking about a really interesting race.

I believe that Hillary would make a fine President. She is an old-timer, is used to the ways of politics and power both through her own election as Senator and through observing her mate's experiences during his time in office, and she is very intelligent. She is also tough in the same way that Margaret Thatcher, Britain's former Prime Minister, was tough. This is a good quality in my opinion. Americans certainly don't need a soccer mom as President, do you?

As for why women are so often mistrustful and unsupportive of each other, well, I think I may have found a partial explanation for this. I suspect that some of our behaviour boils down to our genetic hardwiring. It is the females of the species who are at a competitive disadvantage while they are pregnant and throughout that period when they are rearing their young.

In primitive times this meant that they were thrown into competition against each other for often rare resources including the genetically superior mates. In modern times this still holds true; we all want rich good-looking healthy men for our mates, eh. And some of us have had the dismal experience of having had our boyfriends stolen by our girlfriends or have done the stealing......

Ya know green, you have a point there. She is tough in the way that a person would need to be tough if she were president. There are a lot of people who detest Bill Clinton though and they can't stand the sight of Hillary or Bill.

On the other hand, there are a lot of people who still love Bill, in spite of his short comings (pardon), and they have a lot of respect for Hillary. So if she is the nominee, it certainly will be interesting.

Merry Nymph Trixie I find that very sad. Are you just too conservative to like her? Or don't trust her or what?

I don't like her because she has done nothing to benefit us here in NY.

I feel that she would bring nothing new to the White House, other than her vagina...and that alone does not earn my vote.