Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What the BLEEEEP am I doing wrong?!?

One good thing is you have not "gained"! Your at a stand still but have not had a fill yet either.

I have been frustrated as I have not had a fill yet either. Have lost 36 pounds only to regain 2. But I have been so hungry. I tried increasing my protien which worked great in week 2 and 3 but this week, my stomach just growls no matter what I feed it! I have been exercising so am hoping that just maybe the 2 # is muscle gain-but kinda doubt it. I keep telling myself it could be Water as well, but its been 4 days now and the scales keep saying the same thing.

I think this is part of the process. My doctor did tell me it was not an issue if I lost weight during this time but rather a time to heal.

Hang in there

I'd also look to the grams of carbs that you're eating as well as the sodium. Personally high sodium foods, like ham tends to be, make me reatin Water like a balloon. I'm also one who can't loose on higher carbs. Does your protien shake have higher carbs?

This is the frist that I've heard of eating 6 small meals with the band. My bariatric team says 3 small meals, no snacking in between them either.

Considering you're just about 2 weeks post-op your diet has advanced much further than mine. At that point I was still on liquids. Most doctors won't fill until 4 weeks post-op at the earliest, some wait as long as 6-12.

My 3rd week opst-op I didn't loose a single pound, then weight loss picked up again. Bodies sometimes just take breaks once in a while.

Mama,

I just wanted to lend some support. I lost 16 pounds my first week, I haven't lost any this week, but I haven't gained either. I'm okay with it. I too get pretty hungry during the day. Please remember that we are in the healing phase now. Just consider any weight lost during this period before the fill to be a bonus! I know its hard to be patient, but we really must remember that we probably don't have any restriction yet so we haven't truly seen the benefits from the band. It will get better. I have faith!

That typical post-surgery feeling. It will lessen each day. I think I had it for about 2 weeks. Just be sure and not to push it with the mushies. I had an "incident" with some mashed potatoes at week 2 that had me for about 2 hours feeling like a someone was standing in high heels on my chest bone. YEOW.

You're going through bandster's hell, we all do. You will lose weight after your first fill, keep on doing what you're doing.

I've been reading your posts and it brought me back to the first weeks of being banded. I'm 5 months out and have lost 40 pounds. I remember it was VERY frustrating those weeks because the scale didn't move. But, as I remember what my Dr said, "don't worry about not losing and you may gain weight during your HEALING phase, but it is more important to HEAL than lose."

At my 4 wk post-op I had a fill and that made a difference for about a week. Then I was in "BANSTER-HELL" I was STARVING!!!! It took a lot of will power that I didn't know I had, but I got through it. Then another fill which again helped.... I am a SLOW loser, but at least I am losing, I'm on fill #4 and it is getting easier, but it is a DAILY battle... I am still battling with the "head hunger", but then I think I always will. food has controlled our lives for so long it's very hard to turn the table and be in control of the food...So please hang in there, I know what you are going through, I have been there, we can do this!!!!!

you said you lost 12 pounts very fast. How long did it take you? Do you realise you have to burn 9.900,- Calories to burn 1 kilo of fat? I think at the start you loose also a lot of Water and then when you are loosing weight- burning fat- it does not show on your scale because you are recovering a bit of water. So the scales lie to you. I dont think you should eat any less this will get your metabolism slowed down and makes it more harder later on to loose weight. 6 small meals a day would also do that. You could look at your carb intake like recommended as yes this can help you loose faster weight. You are also exercising which can put on more muscle and you will need that extra bit of food to keep your body burning fat.

I think you are doing great. Just hang in there and try to make sensible choices and you will see the scale start to move or throw the scale out - I could never do that - and buy a measure tape.