Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breakfast

I was wondering what everyone had for Breakfast... i always have such a hard time trying to figure out one that is good for me...

Any Suggestions:confused:

(also any suggestion on a to go snack that will keep me from eating junk when i get hungry)

Hiya, I have three variations on breakfast at the mo

Weetabix with skimmed milk and a little honey

One scrambled egg with skim milk on a wholewheat slice of toast

or 3 tblsp of natural fat free yoghurt with fresh blueberries drizzle of honey and dry toasted almond flakes to top

You just need to get creative! Good luck

Cottage cheese and a scrambled egg work for me in the morning. string cheese is a great grab and go snack but boy does it hurt getting stuck i you don't chew it well enough!

I have the same problem. I'm currently rotating between cottage cheese and peaches or oatmeal. I was thinking of having yogurt sometimes with Cereal, but I'm still on mushies right now and I prefer to have grapenuts in my yogurt, so I haven't tried it.

Breakfast is always a challenge for me. Personally, I think I'd like to drink a protien shake but my doc says no more shakes after the first week.

I just can't find many high protien, easy to carry to work, breakfast foods.

I usually have a Protein shake or cream of wheat. I'd like to have oatmeal but don't know if I could bring myself to eat it without brown sugar and cream. :smile: Sometimes I'll have different melons or berries.

I think I'll try the suggestion of weetbix. It was my favourite Cereal growing up.

Snacks - Those 100 Calorie packs. But remember to only have one! Jello cups or yoghurt (unless there's a chance they'll get warm and melt or turn watery). A serving of Protein powder in a shaker that you just need to add Water to. snack bags with berries or nuts (chew, chew, chew). Crackers. Water, water, water. I've fallen off the water intake bandwagon of late and just got back on today. I forgot that it would often help curb my appetite if I kept to my daily intake requirement.

If I'm hungry between Snacks and meals I also chew sugar free gum. Sometimes it's just the chewing action I miss. There are days when I'll go through a LOT of gum to stop me from eating.:unsure:

I AGREE, BREAKFAST IS STILL THE HARDEST MEAL TO FIND FOR THE DAY. I still like to eat oatmeal, but sometimes the mornig meals go down hard!!

i have a Protein Shake (Nectar Caribean Cooler 90cals, 23 protein) for breakfast (730am in the car) and then cheese or something like that around 10.

I thought earlier this week that since its been so long since i tried to eat in the morning that i should give it a go. hard boiled an egg and sliced it and brought it to work. omg i had the nastiest nasty slimyness ever. think i'll stick to my shake.< /p>

I usually just have a Protein shake because I am pretty tight in the mornings. If you are able to eat in the mornings, I would suggest that you eat something solid. I think it would stay with you longer than a shake would. I posted this recipe today and it would be perfect for Breakfast. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f82/crust-less-spinach-quiche-49727/

If you made it in the muffins tins, it would already be the perfect serving size. I don't know what kind of plan you are following but if you are counting calories instead of doing low carb, you could always use reduced fat cheese or even use less cheese than it's called for.

I almost always have approx. 1 1/2 eggs scrambled with a little cheese on it and a small container of yogurt. Then, glass of milk midmorning with lots of Water. Usually good for about 4-5 hrs.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 0 replies
    • Mr.Kantos

Just signed up. Feeling optimistic.
      · 0 replies
    • Frugal

Welcome to Frugal Testing, where we are committed to revolutionizing the software testing landscape with our efficient and affordable solutions. As a pioneering company in this field, we understand the challenges faced by startups, small to medium-sized businesses and any organization working without budget constraints. Our mission is to deliver top-notch testing services that ensure the highest quality of software, all while keeping your costs in check.
      Frugal Testing offers a comprehensive suite of testing services tailored to meet diverse needs. Specializing in different types of testing including functional testing, automation testing, metaverse testing and D365 testing, we cover all bases to guarantee thorough software quality assurance. Our approach is not just about identifying bugs; it's about ensuring a seamless and superior user experience.
      Innovation is at the heart of what we do. By integrating the latest tools and technologies, many of which are cutting-edge open source solutions, we stay ahead in delivering efficient and effective testing services. This approach allows us to provide exceptional quality testing without the high costs typically associated with advanced testing methodologies.
      Understanding each client's unique needs is fundamental to our service delivery. At Frugal Testing, the focus is on creating customized testing strategies that align with specific business goals and budget requirements. This client-centric approach ensures that every testing solution is not only effective but also fully aligned with the client's objectives.
      Our team is our greatest asset. Composed of skilled professionals who are experts in the latest testing techniques and technologies, they bring dedication, expertise and a commitment to excellence in every project. This expertise ensures that our client’s software not only meets but often exceeds the highest standards of quality and performance.
      Frugal Testing is more than just a service provider; we are a partner in your success. With a blend of quality, innovation and cost-effectiveness, we are here to help you navigate the complexities of software testing, ensuring your product stands out in today's competitive market. 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches