Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone From Hickory, NC Or The Surrouding Area??

I was just wondering if there was anyone from Hickory, NC or (close) on this board.

Please post if you are!!

:cool:

Melinda;

I am from Newton and am going to schedule with Dr. Cox this week. I am hoping for February 28. I think I can have my pick of dates since I am paying for the procedure. I have fought with my insurance company and am done fighting. I just had a birthday and am not willing to wait. I could not get to your my space page, but would like to wish you the best.

I was banded by Dr. Cook at Frye in Hickory on Jan 16, 08. Doing great. No pb's, no choking, no discomfort. Everything slides down just fine but don't have much of an appetite - the wild beast in my stomach has been tamed. Down 20lbs (since 1/2/08). Getting my first fill on Wed Feb 13, 08 although not sure how many of those I'll be needing. Others talk about wanting fills but I think I'm at a good weight-loss pace. I'm Type 2 Diabetic and staying healthy lowcarb in addition to the LapBand, my head is in to this right now but that could change, I've always been a yo-yo er.

Joanna in Boone, NC

Joanna240;

I am being banded by Dr. Cook's partner, Dr. Cox, on 2/27/08. I will be SO happy if my wild hunger beast just took a break. I have had some type of stomach bug these last three days and have eaten very little, but feel bad because of a fever. That is the only time the beast is quite. I am waiting patiently.

I too am an incredible yo-yo'er, I can't wait that that to be over!

Good luck.

Kim: Concord isn't that far away. I've met a really nice lady from Concord through MySpace. I know her MySpace Name is "Bebe", but her name is actually Lynn. I think she said "Roc Bauman" or something like that did her surgery.

Joanna: That's cool that Dr. Cook did your surgery! My doctor is his partner! I'm glad to hear that you are doing well. E-mail me and let me know how your fill goes!!

NewYearNewMe: I just sent you a private e-mail!! We have our pre-op stuff on the same day and we have our surgery by the same doctor on the same day!! How cool is this??!! :scared2:

We have a great group of gals at the WLS support group in Boone, some pre-op's and some post-op's, y'all are welcome to join us the 2nd Monday of each month at 6:30PM.

Last night, 10 of us just sat around in a circle for 1 1/2hrs, there were laughs and tears, a wonderful night, and we all hugged in the end. If you are in need of emotional support, this is a good place to get it. You can tell this group things that you can't talk to anyone else about.

Our leader is Barbra Armstrong -828.295.9603 Last night she gave each of us a rose for Valentines, I thought that was really sweet.

Joanna

SURGICAL WEIGHT LOSS SUPPORT GROUP

Now meeting the second Monday of each month at St. Luke’s Episcopal Church in downtown Boone at 6:30 pm. Anyone is invited to attend. For more information, please contact Barbara Armstrong at 964-5779 or Linda Denney at 773-2845.

I have to tell ya'll that I was banded June 05 and my very first friends were met on here. There were 4 of us as the time and we met and walked Concord Mills in July - our group of 4 has grown to over 25 and most times now close to 30. It's amazing what can come from little groups that meet on-line. I have some of my best friends from the boards and I love it.

I am on myspace....but I have some much going on I don't get out there much. I am slaker o some things. haha

Had my first fill yesterday. Dr. Cook did it at the Hospital under an Xray machine. He said I already had 4cc's in the band from surgery and he added 1.7cc's. I'm down 20lbs and feeling great so he and I didn't want to push it.

My next fill is scheduled at the hospital too. In a month, I'll see how I'm doing, at the moment I don't think I'll need a second one.

Dr. Cook refers to my band as the - new, big band. If anyone can elaborate on that I'd be interested.

I may feel at little difference in the restriction (I shouldn't have worn my tight bra today to work, don't know what I was thinking this morning). I haven't eaten anything since the adjustment but may try some mushies later, I think I'm up to it.

Joanna in Boone

Hey Joanne -

The new bands are called Advance Platform. They have a small and a large. They are suppose to be better are preventing slippage. I know they have people in studies right now with them to get the data to support that. So we will see. You should be able to do a google search on it if you want to know more about it. :mad: Congrats on the new fill and you just might need a smidge more in a few weeks.

Also Congrats on the 20pds lost!!!!

I live in Hickory also! My insurance just started covering the LapBand January of this year. So, I decided immediately to have the surgery. They've covered Gastric Bypass for some time now. But, I have 2 children and have been too scared of the possible complications involved with the Gastric Bypass.

I recently attended the WLS Seminar at CMC-Mercy in Charlotte. I think they're the closest ones that actually take my insurance. :wink_smile: But, I'd drive God knows how far to have this surgery!

How long from when you first started this process did it take to get your surgery date?

Hey Mel119,

I'm from Connelly Springs! Raised in Hildebran! I can't believe I found someone so close on here! WooHoo!

I'm waiting to hear from Libby to find out when my appointment with Dr. Cook is. Are you going to Frye or Catawba?

Hi, Smylie1!!

It's nice to "meet you".

I'm going to Catawba Valley Medical Center for my surgery. I don't care much for Frye. Catawba is just my "preference"!

What appointment are you waiting for Libby to schedule for you?

I'm going to send you a private e-mail with my phone number, so feel free to call me!