Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Nymphs Feeling Restriction!

Finally some restriction for me. I have 5cc in a 10cc band. I didn't have to do liquids after the fill, just soft foods. Had less than 600 cals yesterday and today has been pretty good as well. This is definitely going to help get the weight loss moving. I think another cc or two should really bring me to the right point. Only time will tell.

I know what you mean about meds Steph, I was worried about taking them yesterday but they went down okay. I can imagine with more restriction it will get harder.

Dang. Got 2 cc of fill today on top of my 4.5 already in there. So up to 6.5 cc. I could feel (and HEAR!) the Water gurgling through right after the fill. I'm on liquids for 2 days, so I started a Slim-Fast shake when I got home. I took my Vitamins while I was drinking the Slim Fast. YEOUCH. I thought for sure I was going to PB them. It hurt. And they weren't even big Vitamins. I'm taking supplements to hopefully help my skin as I lose weight and they're capsules. It took me nearly an hour to finish my Slim Fast after that. Gees. This might just be restriction! Goodness, I hope so. That would so rock.

I have lost a lot of weight and the NP asked how I've done it without restriction and I told her "will power." It's true - that's what this has been. BUT, the weight is at least a tad bit harder to regain when I slip, now. It'll be so nice to be able to lose weight with the assistance I PAID for over two months ago. LOL

Steph!

YOU ROCK! Ahhh! Restriction..how I miss it.

Cindy

Restriction is great but you still need to make the right food choices. I thought I hadn't eaten too much yesterday but when I counted the calories, I found I had gone to about 1500+... will certainly be keeping an eye on that today. I want to do around 1000 cals each day.

I've never been a big meat eater Shortgal, that's why my Iron levels are always low, even with supplements. Yesterday wasn't a good eating day, I usually have baked Beans, tuna, eggs etc at least once or twice a day. Really going to make the effort from now on... would love to get another big chunk of weight off soon.

I've been avoiding this site lol. Everyone seems to have so much willpower compared to me. You guys are all doing awesome! I have 6cc in my 10cc band. Oh, and it's not leaking!! Yey. I told myself if it turned out it wasn't leaking I would try to turn my eating around so that's been my focus this week.

I go for another fill in a week. I'm going to try to get 1cc in but I think she only likes to do .5 at a time. I don't feel much restriction right now. I can eat about 2 cups per meal (sometimes more) but I'm trying not to do that. I'm guessing it'll take at least 1.5cc more before I reach restriction. I cannot wait.

Hey Lizzie nice to see you're back. I had been out of control since xmas, so you're not the only one. I haven't had too much to eat today but I'm not as restricted as I thought, so another 1cc would really help. I will be making another appointment to see my doctor in about 3-4 weeks. I am definitely not hungry but like most people, if I can eat, I will. The idea is not to get out of control again... so far so good.

Hi Everyone! Had my 3rd fill today (I'm up to 4cc's in a 10cc band). That was at 11am. When I got back to work I had an Atkins Protein bar for lunch. Well, it's now 3:30 and I'M STILL FULL! This is nomrally my awful snacking time of the day. My daughter made Cookies, and I coulnd't even think about sneaking a bite!

I just hope it lasts a while!

Congrats Firebolt! 4 cc's has been pretty good for me too. However, I am fighting head hunger bad today. My restriction isn't as good as it was after the fill and I think I need another one next week.

Firebolt: You lucky dog!

My old Snacks habits are just starting to creep back in. A few nuts here or there, lunch and then a yogurt and then an Atkins high Protein bar. I'm going to have to watch dinner calories closely.

I find that if I eat B'fast, I'm hungrier all day long, I think i have to give up b'fast.

Next appt is Weds! This will be my fourth fill and hopefully will work.

Let us know how long your fill lasts!

Hang in there Skinny_Jill! We'll get there. Thank God we can keep getting fills. Do you know of anyone who's at 10CC's and still hungry? Lord, I hope not!!

ShortGal - DON'T GIVE UP BREAKFAST! It screws with your metabolism too much! Can you have a slim fast that won't stretch your pouch for b'fast? At least that will keep your metabolism up & then you can start solids at lunch!

Hang in there ShortGal - That next fill will be here before you know it!

I really, really, really hope this lasts. This certainly feels like restriction. I made myself 2 deviled eggs when I got up for work yesterday. It took about 45 minutes to eat them, I had to chew, chew, chew and wait between bites. Even then, if I swallowed anything bigger than a pea, it HURT. So I got full on my two eggs at 5:15pm and seriously wasn't even hungry until after 9pm. That was NICE. I started getting a little weak just because I do so much walking. But I got my Slim Fast in at 10 and everything is hunky-dory. I just realized I drank that 2 hours ago and I don't even feel hungry right now. OMG, if this lasts, I am in HEAVEN. Because if eating is as much of a chore long term as it has been just for the eggs I ate yesterday, then I am SET to break this dang addiction.

Hi Everyone--I haven't posted for quite a while, but I thought this topic was interesting. I went for my 2nd fill this past Monday, and I now have a total of 3.9 cc's in my 10cc band, and I feel restriction too. It seems like several people have said they are feeling it at around the 4cc point. I've been back on solid foods for about 3 days now, and I seriously am getting full after just a few bites, and I find myself having to slow down much more than before. I am PRAYING that this continues. I dropped about 7 lbs this week--of course it was that time of the month, so that counts for a good part of it. But I am so happy--I have never been so motivated to lose weight and keep it off. I am actually hopeful for the first time in years that I'm actually going to be able to do this!! Everyone here seems to be doing so well!! This is a great board!!