Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NSV's for the Merry Losers

FANNY! STOP IT!!!!!! You are worth EVERYTHING you've done . . . and deserve more than a narrow minded idiot . . . don't let one "WIERD" egg spoil all you've achieved! You deserve the best . . .and he obviously wasn't IT . . . Just be glad you enjoyed the day . . . and treat it as a training ground for what is to come!

Hugs

Chris

Well so much for that little bubble of happiness. :thumbup: I just got the email to say that I was too beautiful, too sexy, too intelligent, too passionate about life and altogether too wonderful and that, in spite of the fact that we had a fabulous time together and he thoroughly enjoyed the day, apparently I frightened the shit out of him, he doesn't think he could handle it and he doesn't want to pursue it. WTF!!! :confused2:

After all these years of being the fat pig that guys wanna bonk but don't want to get to know, now I'm too beautiful to pursue?? May be I should go back to being a fat pig eh? :thumbup:

Now don't you DARE!!!! You have a whole new world opening to you. You are hot, sexy, passionate, intelligent??? You ARE the whole package and you shouldn't be hurt at all by someone too insecure with themselves telling you that you are too good for them. You are through with settling and you will be finding that PERFECT man soon. Enjoy the new you and let the new look drive you higher and higher until you are truly happy.

Don't let him burst your bubble. You are doing great for you and you deserve someone who feels about themselves as great as you do about yourself. You are never going to have to settle again!!

Smile. You are WONDERFUL!!!

Well, I'm not really going to climb back into the fat suit, just because some guy's insecurities got the better of him. Still, I just don't understand it. The day we had was wonderful, he was so enthusiastic and seemed delighted to find that I was intelligent and passionate about my work. Talk went from general to flirting to some pretty risque discussions about sex and, again, he claimed he was thrilled to find someone who could discuss such things openly.

After all these years of being dismissed as a serious long term partner because I didn't fit the visual image, to be told that I'm now "too good" for someone, especially someone that I liked so much, is really ironic and damnit, it HURTS! :w00t:

Oh Fanny! I'm sure it was horrible painful. I didn't mean to imply that it wasn't.

Just wanted to say that you are so much better. Take is as awesome that you are now thought of as too good for someone instead of not good enough. That is amazing!!!! A third NSV in 2 days!!!!

Chin up....you're a MERRY LOSER!!!

FANNY FANNY FANNY . . . you poor puppy! Yes it hurts - but it shall pass . . . it isn't easy and it isn't fair . . . but you need to put that beautiful smile on your face and hold your head up high . . . you will find someone to be with who WILL appreciate you . . . and who will deserve you!

Hugs!

Chris

Ok, I'm frustrated with my stalemate with my scale but know a NSV will help lift my spirits. I went to a back to school event for teachers in the city on Thursday. I couldn't believe the reactions I got. I guess because people hadn't seen me in a few months, my weightloss was more obvious. Those who see me regularly don't really notice any more. I do get a little embarrassed by the attention, but I'm learning to say thank you and move on in conversation. I also finally started to replace my clothes with things that fit!

I was in the middle of ordering lunch at a sub shop with 3 colleagues yesterday and had 2 different men stare, smile, and introduce themselves. I was starting to think they confused me with someone else....one of the men with me told me they were just hitting on me. I haven't been this size since high school and never had the confidence back then that I have now. I am not used to this kind of attention, but it sure is nice to have strangers appreciate my hard work! (Ok, some of it was rather offensive if you must know, but I'm trying to appreciate all of it....)

No one else has been on here in a while. CERTAINLY you all must have your own NSV's to Celebrate????:)

Well I did finally stop wearing the old baggy pants. lol I have moved on the smaller sizes in my closet. Nothing like the rest of you, buying new clothes.

And I am going to have to buy a smaller swim suit...

OH!!! I can feel my port now lol

I wish I had old clothes to get back into!! I haven't been this size since high school. (nearly 20 years ago now....) I think it speaks more to how much weight I gained after high school, rather than how much weight I've lost. I've just been carrying it for so darned long...... To put it into perspective, I finally got into the smallest stuff in my closet--acid washed jeans with ZIPPERS at the ankles, dropped waisted dresses with huge bows and big shoulder pads, etc. The clothes I've had are so far outdated that I just can't wear them.

Cerrin, the reality is that as long as you lose the weight permanently, wouldn't you be ok with it taking several years? I'm so happy to just be losing weight. I know I'm not losing it as fast as the other people on this website, but I also know I'm doing this in a sensible way that will allow me to be healthy. We've all accomplished so many different things in our lives and none of us has taken the same path as anyone else to get to that point. Why should weightloss be any different?!

Congrats on finally getting rid of the baggy pants. They simply aren't becoming! Buy yourself one new thing to Celebrate. You'll be surprised at what a difference wearing clothes that fit properly can make!!! Congrats again. :smile:

Cerrin . . . I haven't been buying lots of smaller sizes at all . . . and depending on the clothes . . . I still wear between a 1X and 3X . . . my swimsuit is a 22 . . . (can we say I must have REALLY been squishing into my clothes at my highest weight?) BUT . . . I'm slowwwwwwly working my way down . . . as we all are . . . I'm so much better than I was a year ago . . . I'll take it!

Cerrin . . . I haven't been buying lots of smaller sizes at all . . . and depending on the clothes . . . I still wear between a 1X and 3X . . . my swimsuit is a 22 . . . (can we say I must have REALLY been squishing into my clothes at my highest weight?) BUT . . . I'm slowwwwwwly working my way down . . . as we all are . . . I'm so much better than I was a year ago . . . I'll take it!

I know what you mean. At my heaviest, I was still squeezing into my Aus size 22/24's (US 18/20's) but that was because everything I owned in those sizes was stretch fitted elastic material and I pushed it up the the boundaries. I should have been wearing at least a size or two larger.

I've only just stopped wearing most of them, but some I can still get away with, without looking too baggy. I've really noticed the difference in my work clothes, as they are heavy denim/cotton with no stretch in them at all. I was forced to go up to a 127cm waist (dunno what that is in "sizes", maybe a 28/30 Aus, 24/26 US?) in pants because I couldn't stretch the smaller ones. I'm now down to a 107cm waist but really should be wearing the 102cms as these are too big (but it's my second set in 6 months, so will work with them till these fall off).

I've gone shopping for new clothes and a LOT depends on the material and the cut. I'm about an 18 Aus (14 US) in dress pants but my old 16 Aus (12 US) jeans are also loose as anything. At the same time, I can still get away with my 22 elastic waist pants. Topwise, I've gone from a 3XL in workshirts to an XL.

I fell I want to share... I cut my own toe nails today for the first time in over ten years..... That was one of my goals.. To be able to do my toes... It fells so good... I started to cry and almost cut my foot.. This is so cool... I love it!!!!!