Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does your DH or SO know how much you weigh?

Does your S.O. know how much you weigh?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Does your S.O. know how much you weigh?

• Yes, he/she knows my weight
    • No, he/she doesn't know my weight

I tell whoever I have the surgery, but I mention the weight loss, not how much I weigh. And I don't throw in (and that's only halfway!) I don't like admitting I was 150lb overweight :)

My family and DH knew how much I weighed going into it, and that's why I was able to scare everyone into jumping on board with me. 333 is a scary number! I tell my mom & DH now my updates on weights, neither of them seem to care. Like being in the 250's was a milestone for me, I've always fallen off the band wagon in the 260's. So every pound into the 250's I would report excitedly to them, and they don't seem to get it. Oh well.

I would never tell my DH, he is 5'8 and 125 lbs. he understands nothing about being fat. One reason I won't is the other night we were talking about the band, a friend is having the band surgery and he told that her husband told him her weight. I would dead. Also I didn't like to give him ammo, if we have a disagreement.

<p>My DH knows my weight, it really doesn't bother me that much, usually I make him weigh before I tell him my weight though...lol.</p>

I write my weight down on a calendar hanging in the bathroom every morning. It helps me to see trends, and it helps me to feel like I'm being accountable. It's not there for his information, only for mine, but he knows that's what it is. Now someone who comes to my house and goes into the bathroom and sees the calendar may or may not be able to figure out what those numbers are, but frankly, it's JUST a number, so who cares, anyway?

My dh has always known. He is the one that has a problem telling me his weight. He is 6' 2" and I say about 250, he lies and say between 230-240. There was a time when I was more them him (I'm 5' even) and he knew it then also.

My dh has always known. He is the one that has a problem telling me his weight. He is 6' 2" and I say about 250, he lies and say between 230-240. There was a time when I was more them him (I'm 5' even) and he knew it then also.

That reminds me of my hubby! There was a time not too far in the past when my DH would say that he weighed 250, just because that's the last weight he saw on the scales the last time he weighed himself. Never mind that it was 15 years and 85 lbs ago! When he finally weighed himself he was SO shocked to see that he was up to 335, and then proceeded to go right on up to 350. Since then, he's back down to around 300.

A few months before banding, I was taken to the ER ---- and in triage, she ask me my weight! Rick was sitting right there. I hedged---I said 275. It was a good 10 lbs under, but no one ever believed me anyway so it was fine, but I was horrified he knew. It might have been a defining moment, that I knew something had to be done. That and I kept thinking when he took me in, that if I had called 911---they may not have been able to lift me!

Now I weigh less than he does. We are about an inch different in height is all---and for the first time in 15 years--I weigh less than he does. He is watching his---in a way----his idea of watching his weight, it to eat carefully through the day so he can afford his nightly ice cream!!!

But he will get on the scale, and tell me what he weighs, and then tell me "ok come show off!" He sees the numbers, what has shocked him is how I have went from being unable to button his shirts around me, or his Tshirts being skin tight to unwearable---I went through a stage where they fit, and now they are too big!

For a recent company party they took orders for coats with the company logo....used to be I would have ordered the biggest size available. He ask me if he should order 2 XL's. I said no make mine L. He saw it on me yesterday and just smiled real big!

So yeah he knows. Originally I hid it, when it finally come out is when I was spurred on to do something!

I think if I dig deep I might still find a secret or 2!!

Kat

Mine didn't know until I started this process. I wanted him to go to my pre-op appointment so he'd know what to expect and my weight got blurted out there. Oh well, it's out there now and he's supportive. I'm 5'4 1/2" and just this morning he said, you should be out of the 200's by next week huh? So, he's keeping track...eek.

He also decided to "diet". He's 5'8 1/2" and weighs around 195, so he has a tummy. His idea of diet is to give up sodas, but last night he stood in the kitchen and ate a pint of ice cream. :-(

I guess I can discuss it freely now that he, and all of you know. :-)

My husband doesn't know my weight, but has occasionally asked how much weight I've lost since surgery (which I'm proud to share). I started out weighing the same as him and he's 9" taller than me. When I get to my goal, I'll probably tell him what I weigh.

weight.png

OH NO!!!! One time when I was rushed eo the emergency room, for a gall bladder attack (thought it was a heart attack) the nurse asked how much I weighed and I made my husband leave the room before I would tell her.

i was in a crisis, but still did not want him to know. Oh well, when I enter onderland I'll tell him.

I won't let him watch me step on the scale, but I end up telling him what I weigh, anyway. It makes me feel more accountable. Plus, this way he can Celebrate the small victories with me.

My DH do know how much I weigh he has always known, he is a small guy no problems with weight at all but he knew how I felt after having to kids and packing on 70lbs in the last 6 years , he has always been supportive, and he is my biggest cheerleader :clap2:

My husband totally knows how much I weigh because when I get off of the scale I run around the house and tell him, "Watch out I am coming for you...only 8 more pounds and I will weigh less than you! Baw Whaa Whaa!" And since he is an accountant he can pretty much do the math and figure out how much I weigh.

He has always known how much I weigh, because there has never been any secrets between us. For godness sakes the man sees me naked. (I am not a lights off kinda girl.), and like I said he is pretty good with numbers so why hide it. (I also never hide shopping purchases from him either, but I guess that is for another poll.):eek:

I have always weighed more than him, I was 20 lbs heavier than him when we married 28 years ago. Now I am WAY more than that!! He weighs probably 175 and is 6 ft. tall. I am a shortie (5'1") and weigh somewhere around 80 lbs more than him-UGH!!

I cannot WAIT until I weigh less than him, it will only be for the 2nd time in our married life (I lost a bunch of weight on Weight Watchers, then it piled back on, plus some).

I am anxiously waiting for the insurance approval... it was submitted Friday.

I will not tell my husband how much I weigh until I weigh 30 lbs less than he does (I can hardly believe that might even happen)