Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How this works ???

Ok I have a questions - are these new forums weight groups for what you have left to lose or what you had to lose from your surgery date??

I originally had 90 to lose - have lost 59 have 31 to go...

I'm trying to figure that out too, IndioGirl. I had 74 lbs to lose, have lost 45 and have 29 to go.

GREAT JOB with your weight loss! Only 2 fills too--wow! I think I just had my 6th fill? Or maybe 7...I've had good restriction since my 3rd fill, but it loosens up as I lose weight. I've been getting the 0.2cc fills for months now! But I can't complain. This week I got size 10 jeans and I'm so stoked about it, I can't even tell you. But I also think that it will take me at least another year to lose these last 29 lbs, especially since I'm starting grad school next month. I'm trying to be cool about it...it's not a race, right? My surgeon is pleased with the rate of my weight loss, so I'm pretty cool with it now.

Anyway, I don't know where I belong either...this group or the 50-100lb group. Hmmm....

I've got about 35# to go. I would think it is in what you have left. Our bodies slow down (darnit) and it becomes harder to lose the closer you get.

gkeyt - Thanks - I guess it really doesn't matter where we bond under

whichever we want one or both - more support the better

I am in to a 12 :clap2: - When I went to the doc in dec he wouldn't fill me cuz i had lost 17.5 since my Oct fil - but I go back on the 23rd this month - I haven't gained over the holidays - but feel i could use just a tad of a fill - even if it just for the physicolgical (sp) factor - I am making healthy food choices and exercising -

Well I gotta get to work - will ck back later..

I have lost 30lbs in 1 year. Ok, I know thats not great but if I do the same this time next year I will only have 10 lbs to go to my goal. I tried to eat a salad yesterday and today the band is kicking my ass.

After throwing everything up, (all my pills) last night nothing is staying down. I'm going on a liquid diet for a few days.

Hi everyone, I am anxiously awaiting Tuesday. I have been on a liquid diet for two weeks and have lost almost 10 lbs. That leaves 43 to go. Like many of you, I have lost and gained so many times in the past 25 yrs., I quit counting. I just can't maintain. At 56, I am counting on this to be my answer. :smile:

Hi everyone, I am anxiously awaiting Tuesday. I have been on a liquid diet for two weeks and have lost almost 10 lbs. That leaves 43 to go. Like many of you, I have lost and gained so many times in the past 25 yrs., I quit counting. I just can't maintain. At 56, I am counting on this to be my answer. :smile:

Wow, LKM. Good luck with your banding tomorrow. Be sure to check back and let us know how it goes! :Banane42:

Well, I guess this is the place for me, too!

I've lost about 88 pounds so far. A lot in the beginning.... and not much through the holidays! I had a fill on Saturday, though, and I'm charged up for the new year. I'd like to lose another 30-40 pounds to be at my goal weight.

Hi everyone,

I was banded on 1/15 and feel pretty good today. The first two days were really painful when I moved. If I just stayed in a prone position, I was ok but getting up and down was a bear. My incisions look better than I thought they would and hopefully the scaring won't be too bad. I walked today for about 30 minutes and did ok, so everything is looking up.

Congratulations LKM.

I have about 45 pds still to lose. I think though that my goal maybe too low. I know as far as BMI goes it is good but at may age I think I may look sickly- I'll reset it as necessary. It is so hard to know- I was 21 when I weighed 130 lbs last.

Nume130,

You have been doing great at averaging a loss of over 10lbs/month. I don't know your height or age, but go for the 130 and I'll bet you will look terrific. 130 is my goal also, so we should keep in contact about our progress. I'm 5'5" tall and 56 yrs young.

LKM