Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey 50 & over gang We have a new spot

Hey there Denise - We are the popcorn girls

I don't consider that to be a good thing. I go to the movies a lot and it's very hard when my friends buy the biggest bag. I can buy the kiddie size, but they always want to share their's. I usually will bring propel Water. It tastes good and it makes me feel like I am having a treat. Normally the only thing I drink is regular water, no crystal light, etc, so the propel water is a nice treat, for only 25 calories.

jbflorida....THANKS! ....for the word of encouragement. This is my daughter's first and I want to be there for her like is was for the other children.

Wow! You are an active group! I wait a day and you're already 3 pages ahead of me! ~LOL~ It's good to see so many sharing their daily experience. Girls rule!

Hey Gwyenn: It's hard to be nice when you're hungry! I hear every word you're saying about the emotional swings, ups & downs with the family, and general crankiness. Been there, done that! But I found I was also really low on potassum, probably from the rapid weight loss. Just when I thought I should be feeling energenic, I was dragging my butt! It takes time to work the kinks out of your diet so hang in there! I'm usually on mushies for a few weeks after a good fill.

Kareyquilts: I'm also an avid quilter who lost her sewing room under mounds of clutter. What is it about our personal space that takes a beating when we get busy on other things? Oh well, I think summer is the perfect time to enjoy life's blessings and I know my sewing space will still be there in the Fall.

Beckyo: Congratulations and good luck on your surgery. I always thought the 5 day fast was to de-fat the liver as much as possible. I know the heavier a person is, the fattier the liver can be. Also, it might help with your elimination since some people have a problem after surgery. You go girl!!!!

IndioGirl55: Thanks for the encouragement. I know there's always those who will gripe and complain when things don't go as planned. The decision and after effects of surgery is a complicated process and not everyone follows the same path. Fortunately, most are in the majority and have positive results.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Judy

Thanks....IndioGirl, for reminding me of the binder. Yes, I have a whole folder of foods. It was the last class I took in April. The nurse called today....changed my surgery date from July 9th to July16th. Two weeks before the surgery I have to start a liquid diet. My new grandbaby is due August 17th. I want to be recovered by then.

Charlene

I was banded last July 16 and my Granddaughter was born Aug. 20. I was completely healed by then and lost thirty some odd pounds. Even babysat my three year old grandson.

Hi 50 plus:

I'm Dicev (Diane) age 64, Banded May 6th 08. I have had a very easy time so far. I've lost 16 lbs since surgery and get my first fill 6/11.

I want to ask a general question--a friend wants to get a lap band, but is turned off because he has heard you get diarrhea very badly.

I said, I had never had this happen, not even once. Has anyone any info on this?

Thanks

Hi 50 plus:

I'm Dicev (Diane) age 64, Banded May 6th 08. I have had a very easy time so far. I've lost 16 lbs since surgery and get my first fill 6/11.

I want to ask a general question--a friend wants to get a lap band, but is turned off because he has heard you get diarrhea very badly.

I said, I had never had this happen, not even once. Has anyone any info on this?

Thanks

WELCOME, DIANE!

I think that is quite common with gastric bypass

but not with lapband.

Still no Wii, but I still manage to get in my exercise. With all this heat, it was 98 here in Delaware yesterday :blink:, getting outside to walk is nearly impossible. but found an alternative.. hed to the pool and tread Water. yesterday I did it for 50 minutes and felt great. I could feel the resisitance with the water and felt no pain in my joints. Will be back in the water tonight after work. and trying to get in a few water aerobic classes along the way.. I am looking forward to getting up the stamina to do some laps. It has to be more than 10 years since I even attempted to do that.

I am managing still at my first fill. My Dr would not give me a 2nd fill last week. I have trouble with a few foods, chicken is the main issue. So she said no fill. I go back 7/10, so maybe then. Still continuing with an average of 2# weight loss per week, so can't complain.

Stay cool and be positive..:thumbup:

Indigo Girl: I had a Tummy Tuck, breast lift with augmentation and Lipo of the flanks. I do have a thread in the cosmetic section. I really want to get my arms done. My doc said it was too much at once, so I'm trying to be patient. The plan is to do the back side, legs and arms next with some lipo for conturing. I want to lose the rest of my weight and feel better before I disrupt everything again. Plastic surgery can help get your body back, but it has it's down side. Like pain and not being able to exercise. I didn't get cleared to go back to exercise for 10 weeks. Then when I started back (only 3 weeks) I've had lots of new little pains around my incisions, abs, etc. Lost a lot or strength so I'm down on my weights, etc. My body remembers how to do everything so that is the good part and this week, I'm finally feeling like I will get back to where I was and get back into everything. It's just a long process, with a price to be paid. Like everything I guess. So, yes, I want to do more ps and get my body restored, but I'm more interested in feeling better right now. Anyway, when you get ready PM me and I'll be there for you!

Karen - Ya I am not much into pain either - I think that's what scares me the most - but I really dislike my arms - so we will see - and getting off your exercise schedule - ugh then it's so hard to get back into it - I feel your pain.

Thanks....IndioGirl, for reminding me of the binder. Yes, I have a whole folder of foods. It was the last class I took in April. The nurse called today....changed my surgery date from July 9th to July16th. Two weeks before the surgery I have to start a liquid diet. My new grandbaby is due August 17th. I want to be recovered by then.

Charlene you will be fine bythe time your gb makes his/her entrance

Charlene--you will be fine by the time the baby is here. I am 4 weeks out tomorrow and I have no limits! Feeling good! Down 30 lbs as of today....

Jb congrats on the 30 lbs !!!!

Hey there Denise - We are the popcorn girls

I don't consider that to be a good thing. I go to the movies a lot and it's very hard when my friends buy the biggest bag. I can buy the kiddie size, but they always want to share their's. I usually will bring propel Water. It tastes good and it makes me feel like I am having a treat. Normally the only thing I drink is regular water, no crystal light, etc, so the propel water is a nice treat, for only 25 calories.

Denise - I don't think popcorn is bad - as long as it's not covered in butter and it's a whole lot better than eating candy or potato chips

Hi 50 plus:

Thanks

Diane Welcome - I don't know where they got that info - most pple have the other problem (can't go) ...

Still no Wii, but I still manage to get in my exercise. With all this heat, it was 98 here in Delaware yesterday :blink:, getting outside to walk is nearly impossible. but found an alternative.. hed to the pool and tread water. yesterday I did it for 50 minutes and felt great. I could feel the resisitance with the water and felt no pain in my joints. Will be back in the water tonight after work. and trying to get in a few water aerobic classes along the way.. I am looking forward to getting up the stamina to do some laps. It has to be more than 10 years since I even attempted to do that.

I am managing still at my first fill. My Dr would not give me a 2nd fill last week. I have trouble with a few foods, chicken is the main issue. So she said no fill. I go back 7/10, so maybe then. Still continuing with an average of 2# weight loss per week, so can't complain.

Stay cool and be positive..:thumbup:

Hey Lynn - congrats on the weight loss - yes my doc won't give me a fill if I have lost weight between appointments.

Phyl also does the water exercise - she loves it...

Good job

Denise - I don't think popcorn is bad - as long as it's not covered in butter and it's a whole lot better than eating candy or potato chips

Yea, at the movies it's pretty much covered in butter. I try not to have more than a handful of my friend's but it's better not to have any. It's hard to stop if I start.

Hi over the 50 gang. Guess what I here I am at 53 am finally learning to eat. All my life I have had to eat in 10 minutes. Although my lunch break was 30 minutes I would eat in 10 minutes. Now I am training myself to take longer to eat. It is one step that I am doing quite well.

Easting slowly and taking little itty bitty bites is critical when you have the right fill. I hear people saying all the time that they can't eat certain foods. I can eat anything, as long as I make my bites like little slivers and chew it up until it's liquid in my mouth. I would rather do that then have food get stuck. Once I learned to do that, I have never had another problem with food getting stuck. It was hard to learn, but worth it.

I am still having trouble with slowing down my eating. Especially dinner..when i get home from work I want to eat anything I can find, and when I do fix something I want to inhale it. but my band tells me otherwise.......so trying really hard to remember slow, chew, take my time....tonight I came home and drank a yogurt smoothie to hold my hunger at bay until I was able to fix a proper meal. Think it worked...

On the night's that I don't go to the gym - I will be hungry - tonite I had these cracker 6 for 130 spread with 1 tblsp of light cream cheese and it held me over til dinner -

Last night had the blacked sea bass - only ate 1/4 of it and tonite had the left overs - but took 2 bites too many and guess what happen - yep it came back up.. :smile2: ate about 4 oz - must be the stress or being tired - was out late last night with graduation dinner - then son & gs got into it when we got home so had a little drama and I didn't get to bed until after midnite (i am up at 5 a.m.) - I am glad that my ds has moved away - he can be such an AH (CAPTIAL A$$)

Hello everybody, got my first fill yesterday,23_50_5.gif my band is 10cc and I had 2cc's to start when I had surgery and they added 1.5cc yesterday. Not bad, really didn't feel much of anything and liquids are going down ok. I really don't feel any more restriction from before, but then again I am only on liquids. I hope tomorrow when I start back on real food I will feel a little more restriction. I am going away for 2 weeks and will be flying 2500 miles. The doctor said next time will be more aggressive which is ok with me, I really don't want to have any problems while I'm away. I can say I'm not really all that hungary even on liquids, so thats good and I even lost 2 lbs. It's great to see the scale move again.23_11_59.gif

sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb095&pp=ZNfox000

You are 100% right. When I was younger, and 170 pounds thinner, I was a gym rat, dancer etc. It's harder now with all the injuries to knees and back over the years, but I've got to do it for my heart, mind and soul.