Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I like this!

I'm new to the group too, 65 and holding. Glad we now have our own "place" to post, rather than one thread on the support board.

Phyllis: We didn't go to Quartzsite after all. We both got sick, and the car and dog got sick too, so we cancelled. That is why I didn't get in touch. Hope your'e having fun.

I'm new to the group too, 65 and holding. Glad we now have our own "place" to post, rather than one thread on the support board.

Phyllis: We didn't go to Quartzsite after all. We both got sick, and the car and dog got sick too, so we cancelled. That is why I didn't get in touch. Hope your'e having fun.

Hi,

We're going next week, Thursday, but just for the day. Sorry to hear of your sickness!

Saw your note about Water aerobics. I joined water arthritis classes in Sept, and I love them. Our Y doesnt offer water aerobics, but I dont know that I am limbered up enough I could do those anyway. I know from past notes you are a snowbirder, I am jealous, it is 4 degrees here in KC. Hope you are warmer than that!!

Saw your note about Water aerobics. I joined water arthritis classes in Sept, and I love them. Our Y doesnt offer water aerobics, but I dont know that I am limbered up enough I could do those anyway. I know from past notes you are a snowbirder, I am jealous, it is 4 degrees here in KC. Hope you are warmer than that!!

Well, it hasn't been a GREAT winter so far, but can't complain about 50-60s. Just don't like the wind and it's been blowing a lot!

Surprised that your Y doesn't have water aerobics! One I belonged to in OK before we moved had both high and low impact and at several times during the day. Here at the park we use a 60 minute tape... Billie Jo's Wet & Wonderful Celebration. It's listed on Amazon, but no longer available apparently.

Hi Sfeiner and all, I'm Esther, I am new to the forum. 12-31 07 was my surgery date. I lost 9 lbs in 10 days and decided to experiment with the Cookies that are here for my grandson. One cookie -- I was 2 lbs lower the next day. So I ate 3 Cookies - two lbs up, next day no cookies another 2 lbs up. It has been 9 days since the cookie incident and I cant seem to loose -- up and down but over all 2 lbs heavier than 9 days ago. I am desperate-- wonder if my Doctor will "kill" me. I have til the 31st til I see him. -- My back ground -- 40 start bmi, and only high bp as a co morbity- But I have a broken ankle that is not healing well due to arthritis setting in at the break, which is in such a spot that ankle replacement is not an option- ( the dr told me amputation was an option). I am hoping and praying that this surgery will help me loose enough weight to keep me on my own two feet for a long time.

I would think it would be nice to say my recomendation is don't ever cheat -- But since it has been over a week and I gained back another pound since yesterday. Im worried that I will be "one of those people" who can't loose.

Sigh--

I will try to give a better report next week.

Esther

Esther: Don't worry about it. This first month ( and then some) is time for healing, not loosing. Perhaps you just upset your Water balance with the carbs. You're still down 7 right, which at 1-2 pounds a week, your right in there. Just stay away from any more Cookies, drink your water to re-establish your water balance. I'm no expert but have been reading for months and due to be banded on Feb 5

Thanks, Sharon, My daughter tells me the same thing that I am not drinking enough Water. I think I will start writing that down along with my food intake and see what I am really doing

Esther

That's a goood idea. I track things on my www.daily plate.com

I just startred 3 days ago and it's sorta fun.

FitDay.com is another good site for tracking your calories, weight, exercise, etc. They also have software you can buy & download for those times when you don't have internet access.

Hi Group, Well tomorrow I visit the surgeon and hope to set the date. I am getting very excited and can't wait to be banded. I've been a very good girl since the 1st of Jan. with my eating and have been taking smaller bites and chewing everything really well. I just realized when I started that , that I never use to taste my food, just scarfed it down. Wat a difference it makes.

I keep my laptop, not on the internet, on my kitchen table with the Perfect Diet Tracker on it, and enter EVERYTHING I put in my mouth. I found it on the web and downloaded it.

Hope to have my good new tomorrow.

I'm not sure the 60+ folks are finding this thread. I started a new one called New 60+ Thread or something like that.

How nice of you to make a list. There are a bunch more on another thread so I hope we all get listeed. Our own club!