Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have to be the biggest failure here!

Well thank you, all of you! I've been feeling terrible about my lack of weight loss and beginning to have those doubts about if I should have had the surgery, should have had the bypass instead... I've had one fill and am starting to gain weight back, not lose it. I can't get in to the doctor for another month. I went ahead and broke down and bought the bigger size jeans that I should have bought 6 months ago but refused to. I'm telling myself that I didn't gain this weight over night so I need to be patient. I went to Dick's Sporting Goods store today and allowed myself to look at the pretty "little girl" workout clothes, the ones that always made me feel alienated from the human race because there was no way I could ever wear them. Sorry for the run on... I told myself that I would be back in one year and I would be buying them. I watched the people climb the rock wall, I want to do that! Instead of standing around and moping while I was waiting for my husband, I walked up the escalator, then down etc. This will happen for me and for all of us. I'm so glad you guys are out there for me. Thanks.

Great job!!!! I startes out good like you and fell off. I am back on a little but haven't resumed my workout routine. I need to get in the forums moreoften it keeps me focused

I have not lost a single pound. Have had several fills, the most recent of which seems to be "taking". The others gave me zero restriction.

So now, 3 months after surgery, I feel like a failure and have to re-think how to eat like a bander! What are the basic rules, etc again? I forgot them!!!

And what also worries me is even though I feel restriction, I find a way to "move past" it and keep eating.

What do you guys, my fellow Oct 07 banders, suggest???

HELP!!!!

You are not the biggest failure ......I am. Surgery date 12 Oct 2007

What is it with the October banders?

Sounds like it is just taking some time for all of us to get to the proper fill level. I felt like a failure too, and even had other looking at me like "did she just waste all of that money?". I just had my 4th fill and can no longer eat ANY bread. So I am starting my high Protein low carb diet. I should have done it all along but if I could eat right I would not have needed the band right? I always said as long as I can eat I will... hence why I choose the band! We can do it!

I am joining in with the Oct. Bandsters who are struggling. I have had two fills and have a third scheduled for Feb. 7th. I have SOME restriction, but it seems to come and go. I have lost a total of 32 lbs. but only about 10 since surgery (about two pounds each doctor visit). he seems happy with it, but I wonder about the amount of $ I have just spent (self-pay), especially with two kids in college. I keep telling myself that I am not gaining, it will work, and a year from now my health and looks will be much improved. Just wanted everyone to know that I am right there with you all figuring it all out.

***How do you edit your ticker and add your new weight and BMI??

Hi,

I was banded in October 2007 also. I'm glad to read that I am not the only one that is losing very slowly. I have felt like a failure also. Now I am thinking that maybe I just need another fill. I have only had one. That was January 2nd. I was hoping it would last a little longer so I didn't have to pay that fee again. This is getting expensive! I have lost 20 pounds since October. That seemed to come off right away. I have been stuck at the same weight since November now. It is really discouraging. You all have helped me feel like hanging in there though. Thanks so much.

Gail

WOW, SOME OF THESE POSTS ARE REALLY SAD. I AM AN OCTOBER BANDER...OCT 12TH, AND I HAVE LOST ALMOST 33 POUNDS. iT IS MORE THAN SOME, AND LESS THAN OTHERS BUT I WILL TAKE IT.

I NEEDED A BRAIN BAND ALONG WITH MY LAP BAND.

THAT IS THE HARDEST PART, THE MIND GAMES I HAVE TO PLAY WITH MYSELF. WITH SOME OF THESE POSTS I CAN'T HELP BUT THINK PEOPLE ARE NOT EDUCATED AT ALL ABOUT THE BAND, HOW IT WORKS, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HOW WE MUST WORK WITH IT!!!!

GOING OUT AND DARING TO EAT STEAK...BREAD, Pasta, GEEEEZ ! COME ON! THESE ARE NOT ON YOUR POST OP DIET, I WONDER WHAT ELSE IS BEING EATEN, AND BLAMED ON THE BAND NOT WORKING...THE BAND DOES NOT "WORK" YOU DO!!!!!! DONT SHOVE food INTO YOUR MOUTH, IF THAT IS WHAT YOU WERE DOING PRE-BAND, THAT IS WHY YOU WANTEDD TO GET IT, BUT YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR EATING HABITS......YES....YOU HAVE TO CHANGE!!!! WE ALL CAN DO THIS. IT ISNT EASY, BUT SOME PEOPLE, THINK THAT IT IS THE TICKET TO BEING SKINNY. GET OFF YOUR BUTTS AND EXCERCIZE. DRINK YOUR liquids AND PROTIEN. STAY AWAY FROM SWEETS AND THE CARBS...TAKE CONTROLL AND QUIT ACTING LIKE YOUR ARE SPECIAL, AND YOUR BANDS ARENT "WORKING" . THEY ARE IN PLACE, THEY ARE NOT LEAKING, OR CORRODING, OR STRETCHING. IT IS UP TO EACH INDIVIDUAL TO TAKE CONTROL, AND WE CAN DO IT!!! "MISERY LOVES COMPANY" SO SULK AND COMPLAIN, THAT YOUR BANDS AREN'T WORKING, AND ALL OF US THAT ARE WORKING THE BAND WILL BE THE BIGGEST LOOZERS!!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL

WOW, SOME OF THESE POSTS ARE REALLY SAD. I AM AN OCTOBER BANDER...OCT 12TH, AND I HAVE LOST ALMOST 33 POUNDS. iT IS MORE THAN SOME, AND LESS THAN OTHERS BUT I WILL TAKE IT.

I NEEDED A BRAIN BAND ALONG WITH MY LAP BAND.

THAT IS THE HARDEST PART, THE MIND GAMES I HAVE TO PLAY WITH MYSELF. WITH SOME OF THESE POSTS I CAN'T HELP BUT THINK PEOPLE ARE NOT EDUCATED AT ALL ABOUT THE BAND, HOW IT WORKS, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HOW WE MUST WORK WITH IT!!!!

GOING OUT AND DARING TO EAT STEAK...BREAD, Pasta, GEEEEZ ! COME ON! THESE ARE NOT ON YOUR POST OP DIET, I WONDER WHAT ELSE IS BEING EATEN, AND BLAMED ON THE BAND NOT WORKING...THE BAND DOES NOT "WORK" YOU DO!!!!!! DONT SHOVE food INTO YOUR MOUTH, IF THAT IS WHAT YOU WERE DOING PRE-BAND, THAT IS WHY YOU WANTEDD TO GET IT, BUT YOU HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR EATING HABITS......YES....YOU HAVE TO CHANGE!!!! WE ALL CAN DO THIS. IT ISNT EASY, BUT SOME PEOPLE, THINK THAT IT IS THE TICKET TO BEING SKINNY. GET OFF YOUR BUTTS AND EXCERCIZE. DRINK YOUR liquids AND PROTIEN. STAY AWAY FROM SWEETS AND THE CARBS...TAKE CONTROLL AND QUIT ACTING LIKE YOUR ARE SPECIAL, AND YOUR BANDS ARENT "WORKING" . THEY ARE IN PLACE, THEY ARE NOT LEAKING, OR CORRODING, OR STRETCHING. IT IS UP TO EACH INDIVIDUAL TO TAKE CONTROL, AND WE CAN DO IT!!! "MISERY LOVES COMPANY" SO SULK AND COMPLAIN, THAT YOUR BANDS AREN'T WORKING, AND ALL OF US THAT ARE WORKING THE BAND WILL BE THE BIGGEST LOOZERS!!!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL

WOW, this is just what we need, someone to KICK US IN THE BUTT and tell it like it is. I am one of those that has been eating bread, steak, french fries etc, and feeling sorry for myself. I was banded on Oct 12th and am ashamed to say I have lost only 4 pounds since surgery. I need to take control of myself. Thanks

WOW, this is just what we need, someone to KICK US IN THE BUTT and tell it like it is. I am one of those that has been eating bread, steak, french fries etc, and feeling sorry for myself. I was banded on Oct 12th and am ashamed to say I have lost only 4 pounds since surgery. I need to take control of myself. Thanks
Don't feel bad, I was eatting some not so great things too. I am at a good fill level now and can't so it is all clicking in my head now.

Don't feel bad, I was eatting some not so great things too. I am at a good fill level now and can't so it is all clicking in my head now.

Thanks again Christal. I go in for another fill on Feb 4th, and hope that will do it for me. My problem is: when I am hungry...I EAT.

To all - Hang in there.

Remember what you were told - The band is just a tool, we need to use it.

I too have been guilty of eating the wrong things or just plain overeating. You need to tell yourself that it is in the past and move on (Yes I know it's not easy to do).

I was banded on 10/25/07 - lost 25lbs pre-band and 35 since. That's 60lbs I'm not carrying around, better than some and not as great as others. The bottom line is that I've lost weight.

Pull up the straps and take control, drink your Water, eat smaller portions - Protein first (I know easy to say).

We can do this, let's all get together and make this work!!!!!!!!!!!

Cookie Lover and BrandyK,

I am doing just about the same thing and feel so blessed. What has amazed me is that even though I have worked very hard at eating slow, small bites since day one, having restriction for the first time has forced me to slow down even more!!!! Learning to recognize that first hint of being full has been a challenge. I just finished a half cup fo spicy veggies and chicken for lunch and was able to eat slow enough that I didn't get that uncomfortable throat feeling. I love my band and feel so free to actually experience full and KNOW it now (sometimes too late but still awesome!)

Don't give up!!!! You can do it. Professional help may be the key for you. We all have issues to address and sometimes getting it out of our head is the best thing. Just DON"T give up.