Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My DH is T-Bone.

I just discovered that my husban's movie is now available on Amazone.com... This movie was filmed when he was at his biggest. It is funny and disturbing, maybe moreso for me than most because it forces me to see how big he actually was...

Muffin Man, the movie -- Extinction isn’t pretty

http://www.muffinmanthemovie.com/Home.htm

Muffin Man is a hilarious and frightening look at the obesity epidemic and social dysfunction that led to the extinction of the human race. In the film, anthropologists from a distant galaxy are studying the ancient planet, Earth. Presented "mocumentary" style as a history lesson for alien viewers, the story follows the evolution of humans from Homo Sapiens (Modern Man) to Homo Twinkus (a.k.a. ... Muffin Man), while simultaneously interweaving an age-old love story: Boy meets girl. Boy fights abusive ex-boyfriend to win girl’s heart. Boy has an ill-fated encounter with one too many donuts. Through scientific discovery the aliens piece together our story of extinction by consumption. Part Discovery Channel and part Monty Python, Muffin Man is a campy, fun, in your face, and politically incorrect romp across America’s warped cultural landscape ... so grab a giant tub of popcorn covered in a buttery flavored substance, supersize that drink, and hang on for the ride!

It’s now available on Amazon. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00065Y82U/104-8360796-0655143?v=glance]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00065Y82U/104-8360796-0655143?v=glance[/ame]

Thank you for sharing this w/us. This is disturbing to you, but it also has to make both of you feel so good...to see how far he's come since getting his band. How long has he had his band? What was his beginning and current weight? What kind of health problems did he have before WLS? I would love to hear how his life has changed since getting his band. I know for you, having him healthier is the best gift of all.

He's been banded for about two years, I don't know the exact date. His starting weight was officially 596 pounds, and he's now down to about 420 pounds. He's been at a plateau for the last three months, but he's started to work with a personal trainer. He had a BMI of over 80. To give you an idea of how big he was, he could not walk thorough a normal doorway. He had to squeeze through every door way he past through. For some of us, that is 1 to 2 addtional people our size that he had to carry around with him every single day.

I believe that he is off all his medications -- he was diabetic and had high blood pressure to name just a couple of his issues. He had an enlarged heart. (I told him that when he was told what a big-hearted fellow that he wasn't supposed to take it litterally) He also hasn't had a single bout of celulitus, which is really scary when that hits. (celulitus is an infection of the skin. Very nasty, and he always ends up in hospital when it hits. The last time he had a temp of 106F. Yeah.) He had an sore on his calf that just wouldn't heal, and had to have a portion of the skin and tissue removed. He had a skin graft placed, which given his weight and the placement of the graft, it is totally amazing that it worked/took.

As a present for getting the Band, I enrolled him in the motorcycle saftey course. A year after his band, his bike broke down and he had to push the thing 3 miles. That was an amazing NSV.. he had gone from not being able to walk more than a couple of yards to pushing a fairly big bike 3 miles. And we aren't talking flat land.. he had to push it up a hill.

Crystal, that is truly an amazing story! He should be on Oprah! You both have to be so proud. Wow, he has really been given back his life. I can't imagine pushing a motorcyle at all -- let alone 3 miles up and down hilly roads!

Regarding the movie... its wonderful that you two can find a positive side in all of this. I truly admire you! Did you say that your hubby wrote the movie??? WOW! THATS talent!

As I read your post, I realized how truly SELFISH Ive been - only thinking of how losing 5 pounds will put me under 200. My goodness, I forget to think about those that have two or three hundred or more pounds to lose to be able to feel normal. What courage!!!

I hope his movie gets an award... MANY awards!

God bless you both!

Actually, he was an actor in the movie, he didn't write it. I tease him that now that he's a famous movie star (he's actually listed in IMDB.com!) that I suppose I'll have to dye my hair platinum blond... (I believe my normal hair color is Chestnut...)

The movie has won several awards already!

This winter, while I was having such terrible breathing problems, I would have to tell him to slow down so I could keep up. Talk about your role reversals!

I think he should be on Oprah too. :D He would like to lose about 320 pounds, so he is just over half way there.

well, let me put it this way, when I worked at Boeing doing tech support, I was known as "the purple haired lady"... Lately I'm experimenting with multiple hues.. Yup, I'm a big fat lady with technicolor hair with a penchent for aminal prints... I just wanted to make sure they couldn't miss me here in SE ID...

Crystal, I just took a peek at your profile to see how old you are...

you have a birthday in 4 days!!!!! (still have no idea how old you are)

Happy early Birthday!

how old am I? well, that all depends, doesn't it. Some days, especially when I don't wear my cpap mask all night I feel very, very old indeed. Like my grandmother old, and she's 92... Some days I feel very young, like when the receptionist at the dentist asked my son if his sister could sign the HIPAA forms.... (he doesn't have a sister...)

As time is linerally tracked, I am 42...

Back when I was but a lass of 42 (1989), I had purple hair, too. It was a mistake, but it was cool. They called it a cellophane...I think it was cabernet. All my grey hair--and there was a lot of it went PURPLE. It was a tad disconcerting when I had to speak against the new dress code at our daughter's junior high, with purple hair. It faded to pink. Then it grew and I cut it short.

Returning you to your unjacked thread... (Except for, my kid--the one who didn't like the dress code--is also listed in imdb.) So we're related.

OMG!!! No wonder I feel such an affinity for you... I'm a 2/19 as well - but I've got a year on you. Turning 44 on Saturday. Geez, my Mom must be old!!... lol

I don't know that I've ever met a fellow "cusp-er". I tell people that's why I have a split personality - I never know for sure if I'm Aquarius or Pisces. I claim Pisces, as I feel that matches more of my personality... :D Good and bad... lol

Gee Donali, isn't that funny! I haven't thought about being a "cusper" in a very long time. But sure explains some things doesn't it. hmmmm. I've had several bosses, at different companies describe me as a "weird hybrid creature." I claim Pisceses too.

Back to the main point of the thread... My DH thought watching what she did with it was more thought provoking than anything else, her take on fat in america. The writer/director of the movie is a doctor, and apperently treats a lot of MO folks. wht the exception of 3 of the characters, eveybody is named after food. Iin the future, according to the movie, all fat people are rounded up and placed in concentration camps where they are forceably put on diets and made to excersice by the "body natzis." The movie is set a generation after that.

I haven't seen the movie, although I am sorely tempted to buy it now.

If this is set a generation AFTER the body Nazi movement, I am curious as to what an M.D. who treats MO thinks would be happening. I guess it wouldn't be much of a story if they actually discovered and corrected the physical problem that contributes to MO. Hopefully she is not one of those docs who thinks that MO people just need to diet and exercise...

Please tell me that this film does NOT endorse the current societal attitudes towards obesity being a failing in willpower... Please????