Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ringing in the New Year Cajun Style!

Just thought I would be the first to post a thread this year for all those Lousiana LBTer's out there! How have ya been? Anything new? Where in this great state are you located?

Hi,

I'm here in Kenner, LA. I was banded on 12/26/2007 at Ochsner Hospital.

I have 2 grown sons living in Las Vegas, NV wahoooooo and a DH of 32 years. (yes I'm an oldie but goodie) My order son is getting married in May 08 and I will look HOT by then. ahahahha

Went back to work 3 days after surgery. I have no pain...only discomfort. ( I'm a stomach sleeper and the port site feels weird).

I'm still on Protein Shakes and mushies but really have no hunger.YET

I think we southerners have a harder time with this food thing. I love to cook and that is going to be the hardest .

I sometimes forget I have the damn thing. I PB'd on Jello twice.

Keep in touch and let me know how you are doing.

This band thing is a piece of "KING" CAKE

(which my husband has bought 2 of since X-Mas (Randazzo's):help:

Well, I am from West Monroe.

Currently in the process of getting all the necessary steps in for insurance approval.

I have already had my consultation and my nutritional evaluation.

I have appointments on 01-08-08 for my psych evaluation and work-up.

Hopefully then I will have all the needed information to provide to the insurance company for approval. I have been about pulling my hair out trying to get pre-certification for the psych evaluation with my insurance co. I get a different answer every time I call: you need pre-cert, you don't need pre-cert, you only need pre-cert for testing, blah, blah, blah. I am just going to call the psychologist tomorrow and get the CPT codes and call the insurance company with those and have those codes pre-cert and get them to fax me confirmation so I have ease of mind.

I am a loving mother of one 6 yr. old drama queen! Oh yeah. 6 going on 21. Keeps me on my toes. Now I just have to lose the weight to keep up with her.

I will not be going this journey alone though. My husband is also working on getting his information together to have surgery and just maybe we will be able to have it the same day!

Well, I think I have written a novel! Anymore cajuns out there?

I'm in Laplace outside of New Orleans. I was banded in August but had a port revision done at the end of november and my first fill mid December. I am wanting to drop about 50 lbs before July when I go to California...

GEAUX TIGERS!

Loved every minute of it!

Kinda disgusted though because a friend of my DH called at 3:30 pm and said he hadn't been into his office in a while, but went in today and found a package in there from a client. Guess what it contained. 4 tickets to the game. Yup. And we are about 4 hrs from NO so we would have never made it in time. UGH!!!!!

Oh well! Still had fun at home! :rolleyes:

I'm a new banded ! 11-26-07 I've lost 15 lbs since surgery, got my first fill yesterday and hoping to drop 50-60 lbs. If I could turn my thunder thight into a light rain shower I'd be ever so gratful. Any other N'awlins girls or guys who check out this site send info and recipes maybe we can exchange recipes and meal choices.:help::whoo::clap2:

I guess I'm the oldest one here. I was banded in April 2007 and am down 53 lbs. I only have 17 lbs. to go. I am down from a size 22 to an 8!!! And NO MORE INSULIN!!! And yes, you can see from my pic that I am a real festival queen. It was a dream of mine and I won! I am the 2007 Woman Louisiana Honeybee Festival Queen and we raise money for St. Jude's Childrens hospital and travel around the state to other festivals and events. My whole life has changed since lapband. I still struggle with sweets but I can pretty much eat whatever I want. If I'd get more serious with food and exercise I could probably pull off that other weight.

I'm about 30 miles southeast of New Orleans. It just made a year for me on the 23rd of Jan. Good luck to everyone! I went to Southern Surgical with Dr French in NO.

I'm about 30 miles southeast of New Orleans. It just made a year for me on the 23rd of Jan. Good luck to everyone! I went to Southern Surgical with Dr French in NO.

I live about 20 miles Southeast of New Orleans in Plaquemines Parish. I was banded on 2/25/08 by Dr. David Treen at West Jeff Hospital.

Loser 28 it sound like you and I are from the same general area.

I have lost around 50+ lbs since my 1st consultation with 8 lbs lost since surgery.

I live about 20 miles Southeast of New Orleans in Plaquemines Parish. I was banded on 2/25/08 by Dr. David Treen at West Jeff Hospital.

Loser 28 it sound like you and I are from the same general area.

I have lost around 50+ lbs since my 1st consultation with 8 lbs lost since surgery.

Wow you are doing great! I am in Lafourche Parish. Nice to hear from someone, its been a while.