Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NJ January 2008 Chat

Pat if you come to me asking for $$$ or for me to raise your kids, or even your dog, then you might need to start with an apology!!! But for prayers----girl you are already in them...and will have top billing for this!!! Of course I will say an extra special one for you! Please let us know ASAP how you are, we will be worried!!!

I hoped to have a TT this winter, but with my other surgery, and we have yet to get my thyroid balanced again....so looks like it will wait.

Mandy that is great news about Abi!!! So glad she does not have a seizure disorder to deal with. Hugs to you guys! Hope you feel better!!!

Eileenie--how scary for your family! At least your niece has a baby before something like this come up. A whopper of a baby no less!!! I will add them to the special prayers tonight too!!!

Betty--miss your morning posts!

Dianne--how's things since your surgery?

Sherry---you sound so busy!!! Any time for your Reiki?

Chrispy---the new boyfriend keeping you busy???

Anyone heard from Darcy---been worrying about her!

Cindy---you still loving the new job & office?

Patty--you & the boys ok???

I know I have missed a bunch, and have not learned all the new girls yet!!!

Hope all is well with each of you.

Dad is home, he is not much different, worries me, but the Dr. does not seem concerned says it is temporary----

Well I am off to clean up the kitchen from dinner.

Y'all take care and don't forget the special prayers for our Pat!!!

Hugs~

Kat

Pat- I just read your post at 10:56 AM so I imagine that you are in the OR. I'm praying for you! This is exciting, one of our own having this done! PLEASE as Kat said keep us posted!

Mandy-How are you feeling?

How are you feeling Renee?

Kat glad everything is ok, when are you starting your book!

Eileen- How is your niece doing?

I'm doing ok. loving my job, as you can see the banner at the top says NewHope Bariatrics, that's us!

My FIL feel last week, he didn't break anything but he is in a lot of pain. I didn't see him this weekend but DH said he can't even sit up! I am so concerned. I plan on calling the PT today and asking what else they recommend. You know how guys don't' think of things like additional PT or massages or even a stationary bike.

My MIL is doing great but she is getting depressed. It's so hard!

I got up and rode 7 miles on my stationary bike this morning. Got to the office before 8. Feeling pretty good but I'm hungry! I'm off to drink a Protein Shake.< /span>

My job is great part of it is visiting this site!!! What more could I ask for!

OH FYI band2gether.net is putting together a Eastcoast Bash, right here in Charlotte, actually Concord NC. It will be the last weekend in April. Of course all are invited! Please let me know if your interested.

Pat aren't you in VA?

It will be a blast if we could all get together!

Hello Y'all!

Sorry I have been MIA lately, just totally too busy to do much of anything. With all the stuff of learning this new job and all, now I am also planning a trip and getting our passports. So, needless to say things have been pretty busy.

My niece is getting married in April, and we are all going to Mexico for the wedding. It is going to be at the One and Only Resorts Palmilla. Our expenses are paid so it will even be better. If you want to take a look at the place it is One&Only Resorts

and then choose the Mexico one. It is so beautiful, I just can't wait.

We had to send for copies of our b-certificates, then when we finally got them we headed for Walgreens to get the photos, then to the post office for the last part. Needless to say this took a lot of time, not all in one day. Now we just wait till we get them.

I still have to catch up on everyone, so bear with me.

Pat - You know we are all praying for you, you are very special and we love ya girl! I can't wait to see pictures of the new you!

Well, I have to get supper going, it's getting late, but I didn't want y'all to think I deserted you. I'll try to get here more often.

I have to do personals another time, but just know you are all in my thoughts daily!

Hugs!

Kat, Abi does still have a seizure disorder, but it looks like we finally have it under control. We have battled with seizures for just over 2 years now....ugh. She is on sooo many meds, I'm amazed she manages to eat anything other than the meds. She has been having headaches, so of course I called asap and had her tested for seizure activity. It looks like it might be something in her diet causing her headaches, or possibly even the weird weather we have been having.

Pat, how are you sweetie? Please tell us all the details. Make sure you take picutures and keep a journal.

Betty, I wanna go to Mexico with you guys, can I pretend I am part of the family? I clean up real nice for weddings and such.

I called the doctor again today. I've been on antibiotics for 11 days now and prednisone for 10 days and I'm still congested and coughing. They put me on yet another and stronger anti-biotic. There is a nasty viral bronchitus going around and I think I have it. People have been suffering for 6 and 8 weeks with this. I called and ask if there were any other options to make me feel better, that's when the stronger meds came into play. I also took something with codine to make me sleep tonight, it was a cough Syrup given to me a month or so ago and I had a few doses left so I took one. I'm going to try and get some sleep. I worked today and I'm going to try and work tomorrow. It's only a few hours and the money is good. I took a nap today, and will do the same tomorrow after work.

Dianne, I'm sorry to hear about your FIL, I hope everything is ok with him. Did he go for x-rays? Keep an eye on him....I'm sure you are doing that already.

~Mandy

Good Morniny Y'all,

Hope everyone is doing better today! I swear, I think almost everyone I know has either had or has that darn sickness going around.

Pat - I am still keeping you in my prayers, hope everything went well for you. I am anxious to hear if you did it all or part of it. Take it easy and heal up good!

Mandy - Sorry you are still sick! Some of the folks at work has had to go get a shot and meds for theirs too, but they are coming around after getting those. Maybe he needs to change the meds you are taking. Glad Abi is doing better too! Hey girl, you clean up good even if it's not a wedding!

Eileen - What a big baby! I'll keep your niece in my prayers. I can definately understand where you are coming from with being tired. I can't seem to find enough hours in the day. DH doesn't get home till after dark, so I get some of his chores to do too. Fun, fun!

Kat - Keeping your dd in my prayers too! You certainly have had a lot on your plate lately, and this is a new year, it's supposed to be different!

Renee - Use a heating pad on your shoulder, it's the only thing that helped me. Welcome to bandland!

Diane - Congrats on the 5 pounds! I'll take that anyday!

Dianne - Adding your DFIL to my prayers too. You are so thoughtfull!

Sherry - How did your lunch with Chrispy go? Do we approve of her new boyfriend? (Hi Chrispy) lol

Cindy - How's retirement going? Are you still busier than you were when you were working?

Darcy - Thinking of you girl!

Well, I know I have missed some folks, but it is time for me to get moving and get dressed, and I can't remember any more names right now! lol

Later!

Pat Honey, I havn't had you off my mind since we last spoke. My prayers have been with you! I tried to log on last night and I couldn't get the LBT site to come up (might have been down?).

I wanted to call so bad, and ask your DH how you were, then I thought I'd better just wait til I hear from you.

To you and everybody this morning....I'm at work and can't linger here, but I love you all!

Thanks for all the prayers, I'm doing absolutely great. A little discomfort, and I've cut the percocets back to 1/2 at a time :eek:

I've done a lot of walking today, when I'm not walking or sitting too long, I put the auto blowup leggings on.

My doctor sent me a basket of beautiful flowers, how sweet is that?

Took a few before pictures and will take more when things progress. I empty my own drainage tubes, have been since last night. Slept in recliner, that was NOT comfy, by the time I got up this AM I thought rigamortse had set in, LOL.

VA Diane, stressed the importance, along with my DR how important it is to keep the legs moving or being pumped.

This girdle is so tight, I don't think I could get a finger between it and my skin. The top's pretty comfy,except for where he did the Lipo.< /p>

Yesterday, when he was drawing on me, I told him it was taking everything I had not to say...Forget It I'm outta here! He laughed and patted me on the knee and said I think you are going to be surprised at how well you will do. Well, it's always better to be prepared for the worse then anything less is OK.

I'm still in shock at how active I've been, only thing I haven't done is climb the stairs, sheesh I don't do that too much when I'm well.

Hugs to you all & :cool:

Yeaaaaaa Pat I can't wait to see pics when you're all healed up. You're already one hot mama and boy oh boy with this..look out world! I'm so glad you made out ok and doing well :cool:

So glad it all went well Pat----was thinking about you!!!

((((gentle hugs)))) and continued prayers for healing!

Kat

Congrats Pat!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a long way to go but I am already worried about needed/having a T/T plus other work.

PAT!!!! I'm so glad you are posting and doing so well. That inspires me to think about talking to the doctor for my lower body lift...LOL. I will do it, one of these days. Lova ya girly, Mandy

Hey gals, I hope y'all are doing alright....especially Pat and Mandy.

Dianne, I was sorry t hear about your FIL and how thing are affecting both him and your MIL. You're right.... it is hard. I hope things are getting better for all.

Oh Betty!!!!!! I just checked out that place WOW! You lucky gal, you! That place looks gorgeous!

Kat, writing a book?

Hope everyone is good....I'm thinking of each and every name right now :)

some brief lapband ?????'s: I hiccup now more than ever and...excuse me...more gas too :) Is that a permanent band side effect?

When y'all hit your sweet spot with fills, how much food do you consume at a meal?

When you exercise, does it aggravate/irritate your port or incision sites? Or is it bothering mine because it's just under three months old?

It'll be four months soon since being banded, the average time for hair loss. How did you all fare?

Thanks for all your help !!!!

Diane,

I do hiccup more now, that seems to be permanent. To me that is one sign to stop eating. When I hiccup my hubby tells me that dinner is done. If I keep eating I PB. The gas is from all the Protein, that should get better, it does for most. I can eat 1/2 cup mashed potatos, a rotissere chicken leg and a few bites of veggies. If you have a Boston Market near you, the kids meal is the perfect size for me. I can eat a 5 piece nugget from Wendy's and some of a baked potato. Hope that helps. I can exercise without my port area hurting....now ask me if I do....nope. I should but I don't. And my hair, I lost a bunch of hair, but it all came back. I cut it short and it looked cute, and it saved my drains. ~Mandy