Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5K Anyone want to start with me ?

Our gym is pretty nice. It has 5 treadmills, 3 elypticals (sp?), bikes, weight machines, free weights, and exercise room. I know - why haven't I been using it before ?!?!! :)

They are going to add some free classes like pilates and yoga. We can hire personal trainers and they are allowed to come on the property to work us out. Only problem is my kids aren't allowed to use it. My hubby works at the same company so he's also going to work out with me and my friend in the morning :eek:

It's crowded at lunch and personally there's just too many people walking by - they just don't need to see all this jogging before trying to eat lunch!!! :rolleyes: In the morning it's not bad at all.

Thanks for the encouragement! :biggrin2:

wombat

Stranger: I got ALOT more to lose than you :regular_smile:

Wombat: Hey that was intersting! Nice that your company does that!

YOu keep it up ladys!!!!!

Wombat...are you kidding me? I just have to throw a little bit of scorn your way....you say 'they don't need to see all this jogging'???

Girlfriend, you're BELOW MY GOAL WEIGHT!!!!!!! You're not "all this." YOU'RE HOT AND SKINNY!!!!!!!!!! Feel great!

Ya'll are a rather great group to chat within this process!

Whosya - your such a BA runner now!!!, your also kind to post encouraging words daily..,

stranger - good luck w/wk 6!! i understand the "slow losing thing" i did well in the beginning then have slugged through the weight loss lately, even tho fill #4 has got me extremely restricted. the scale better move tomorrow, i weigh on fridays only.

wombat / mindy - wk 2 is better than not running at all..you 2 are almost at goal!!!!!

txgirly - less than a month out, getting excited?? can't wait to follow your progress

So the knee is still annoying, took today off and literally have done nothing but let a bunch of Labs lay on top of me today :regular_smile:.....

ok ok - please no more scorn :regular_smile: I'll be better with my head issues :tt1:

Quick question - Have any of y'all tried pilates and/or yoga? Can I do this on top of running? I have a pilates tape from a friend that I haven't tried yet. I think what I'm really wanting is yoga because I want the stretching and lengthening of the muscles.

wombat

Wombat - I have not done it in a while, but both are awesome! Pilates literally kicked my butt the first time. My lower abs - the hard ones to work - were throbbing!!! But it also felt really good in the end.

Yeah - I am excited about LB day - only 26 days left! On that note, I posted a question I would love to hear from all of you on, too. Here is a link (I think!)

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f81/exercise-after-surgery-when-what-51623/

Headed to the gym in the am and planning on some treadmill work. Good night all!

I prefer Yoga over Pilates. My gym has a class called "Core Central", it's a combination of the two - which I enjoy a lot. I've been taking this class once a wk for almost a month now to shake / change things up a bit.

Plan on going this AM:tongue_smilie:

Okay, started week 6 last night at the gym. It was harder for me than running 20 minutes outside last week was. I have a few theories on why: 1) I'm actually running slower outside than the 4.3 mph I stick to on the treadmill (that's kinda sad) or 2) It was hard because I was on liquids only yesterday because of my fill.

I kinda hope it's the latter....speaking of fills. Holy moly, I now have restriction. I'm a little worried it may be too much, but I'm going to take it easy for a few days and see what happens. Yesterday, I was fine all day drinking liquids. Today, I've pretty much been "stuck" all day. Even on just coffee and Water. I just have the pressure in my chest that tells me to stop. But shouldn't I be able to drink thin Clear Liquids just fine?

Like I said, it may be a little too much, but I'm going to stay on liquids for a few days and see how it goes.

Does anyone have an opinion for me?

holy crap. the owner of chick-fil-a just walked in with a bag full of chicken biscuits and chicken minis. Talk about torture!!!! Kill me now!!!!

Call me about your fill I think your too tight !

Mindy

Yeah - I am excited about LB day - only 26 days left! On that note, I posted a question I would love to hear from all of you on, too. Here is a link (I think!)

I started exersing about 2-3 days post op just walking some. not much..then about 2 weeks after i started swimming everyday as soon as my scares were 'dry'

GO Tex Go tex

Okay, started week 6 last night at the gym. It was harder for me than running 20 minutes outside last week was. I have a few theories on why: 1) I'm actually running slower outside than the 4.3 mph I stick to on the treadmill (that's kinda sad) or 2) It was hard because I was on liquids only yesterday because of my fill.

Wow Week 6!!!!!! YOur doing awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOur really into it now!!!! IM proud of you!!!

DO NOT WORRY about 4.3mph! I did pretty much the whole programme on 4.4mph. You can add speed later 4.3 is really good!

I can do about 5.0mph for 45 mins now and sometimes 5.3

But keep it slow lady!!!

Yeah give your fill a few days to calm down. I have to sip Water in the mornings but by late afternoon i can get water down just fine.

I just got off the phone w/ stranger ,she's going in for an unfill she's stuck on Water and throwing up .

She cant get in until 2 though and shes in quite a bit of pain .

Mindy

oohhh thanks for the update Mindy! Yeah if you cant keep Water down your really in trouble.

My Doc always makes me drink a cup full right after a fill, i wonder if they did that with her?