Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

8cc fill w/ a 10cc band...y am i still hungry???

hey everyone i just got my 3rd fill on the 26th...and i am on my pureed diet after i got my band tightened...and i am still feeling hungry between meals, and for dinner i had 1 egg and i was still starving. aren't i supposed to have small portions and feel full for like 4 to 5 hrs? i don't know what's going on. can some1 help me out with some advice? thanks:help:

hey everyone i just got my 3rd fill on the 26th...and i am on my pureed diet after i got my band tightened...and i am still feeling hungry between meals, and for dinner i had 1 egg and i was still starving. aren't i supposed to have small portions and feel full for like 4 to 5 hrs? i don't know what's going on. can some1 help me out with some advice? thanks:help:

Hi Karen!

It takes a llooonnnggg time to reach good restriction with the larger volume bands. I have the VG11 band, and am almost filled to 9cc's after 12 or so fills in the last year.

Changing eating habits, and wrapping your head around your new way of life will help tremendously. Band, 25%, self control and behavior modification, 75%.

Start with DENSE proteins: chicken, beef, pork, tuna. Have a few bites. Eat s l o w l y...give stomach time to register with your brain that it's full. Give yourself a full 20-30 minutes to eat. Pick pick pick at food, small bites. After Protein, move to veggies (not starchy ones). If any room left, and still hungry, a small amount of carbs is ok...like 2 bites! Watch sauces...the calories add up. Do not drink with meal, and wait 30 minutes to an hour before resuming drinking. Don't drink anything with calories!

Make this style of eating a habit, and then you'll be working "with the band".

Good luck, let us know how it's going! You can do this!

Solid Protein will keep you the fullest. I would go to solid protein right away. That should help.

hey thanks both of u for the advice..i will try that out. i do eat slowly but the thing is the nutrionst tells me to wait at least 60 seconds to take another bite...and that will take me forever to eat...so usually i just try to eat and do something else at the same time. is that a good thing? i usually just drink Water most of the time, or crystal light or diet snapple. hopefully the 8cc fill will work if i do eat more protein, because when i had gotten my last fill, i would eat total Cereal in the morning and i wouldn't feel hungry till like 4 hrs later. my portions of my meals are not so little though...like i can have almost a whole cup of salad and like a small chicken cutlet or half of a chicken cutlet. am i supposed to eat that much? get back to me when you get a chance. thanks

sorry cindi that message that i just wrote was for u too.

Hi Karen, if you can eat a cup of food and still lose you are considered lucky. For me, it is more like 1/2 cup of food. Typically I can eat 2-3oz at a time without a problem. Do you measure your Protein? Is it more than 4 oz at a time. How is your weight loss and hunger? Julie

I've found that it is really helpful to be doing something else while I eat because it slows me down. As long as you aren't sitting in front of the tube with a bottomless bag of chips, there isn't the danger of mindless eating that nutritionists warn against. For us lap-banders, it's just eating with distraction, which helps the pacing immensely.

Hi Karen, if you can eat a cup of food and still lose you are considered lucky. For me, it is more like 1/2 cup of food. Typically I can eat 2-3oz at a time without a problem. Do you measure your Protein? Is it more than 4 oz at a time. How is your weight loss and hunger? Julie

hey julie ...no i don't really measure my protein. what are some good foods with protein in them? maybe thats y i am so hungry lol. what kind of band do u have and what fill cc do u have it? i also don't drink a lot. i only have about like 5 cups of Water a day. i try to drink more but i just don't feel thirsty all the time. maybe if i drink more i will feel full longer. i should try that out. usually for lunch, i have like 1 slice of toast w/ turkey and fat free american cheese, and for dinner i have like chicken, turkey meat, sirlion meat, with salad usually...and i can eat a whole cup of salad. i wish i could eat less. maybe i will loose more. but i am loosing weight so that is a good thing. thanks for the advice

Hi Karen

Are you losing 1-2 lbs per week? Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't think a small peice of Protein and a cup of salad is too much, especially at dinner. I usually drink a shake for Breakfast (I am tighter in the mornings and I'm not a real big "breakfast eater" anyway), 3/4 cup of chili or a small peice of lean meat and some veggies for lunch, and I can pretty much eat whatever I want by evening. I still try to keep it fairly small, but I eat more at night than during the day.

I agree with everyone about the Protein. Eat that first and then move to veggies if there is room.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry as much about measuring food as long as you are losing. Looks like you are doing pretty good from looking at your stats. Hope this helps and hope things get better for you.

Hi Karen

Are you losing 1-2 lbs per week? Maybe I'm the only one, but I don't think a small peice of Protein and a cup of salad is too much, especially at dinner. I usually drink a shake for Breakfast (I am tighter in the mornings and I'm not a real big "breakfast eater" anyway), 3/4 cup of chili or a small peice of lean meat and some veggies for lunch, and I can pretty much eat whatever I want by evening. I still try to keep it fairly small, but I eat more at night than during the day.

I agree with everyone about the Protein. Eat that first and then move to veggies if there is room.

If I were you, I wouldn't worry as much about measuring food as long as you are losing. Looks like you are doing pretty good from looking at your stats. Hope this helps and hope things get better for you.

hey thanks for the advice. how many calories are we suppose to have a day? 1,200? cuz i always have less than 1,000. is that a bad thing? and when i feel like i'm full, i get like this weird feeling like i have to burp and then i burp like 2 times. does that mean that i am full?

Lot's of folks get what are called soft stops. They are signals that the band gives to stop eating. Some burp or hiccup, some even get a runny nose. This is a good time to stop eating. Often the next signal is the golf ball feeling.

I have a VG band (up to 14 cc's) and it seems that my restriction only lasts about a month and then I need another. I am currently eating about 1500 calories a day and am losing 2 lbs a week. But I struggle not to eat more than this so I know I need a fill! Unfortunately my doc is on vacation so I will have to wait 3 more weeks!

Hi Trystelle, I have the VG band and my restriction doesn't last more than 3 weeks. I still have some restriction but it seems to fade away - is that a VG band thing? I go in for another (4th) fill on Friday and really hope that this one will last longer!

Lot's of folks get what are called soft stops. They are signals that the band gives to stop eating. Some burp or hiccup, some even get a runny nose. This is a good time to stop eating. Often the next signal is the golf ball feeling.

I have a VG band (up to 14 cc's) and it seems that my restriction only lasts about a month and then I need another. I am currently eating about 1500 calories a day and am losing 2 lbs a week. But I struggle not to eat more than this so I know I need a fill! Unfortunately my doc is on vacation so I will have to wait 3 more weeks!

hey guys... what is a VG band? lol i have no clue about the sizes of the lap bands lol

Karen,

I was banded on october 22nd, too; dr. ren.

I have had 4 fills and lost no weight!

Down to 179 sounds awesome to me!!

Karen,

I was banded on october 22nd, too; dr. ren.

I have had 4 fills and lost no weight!

Down to 179 sounds awesome to me!!

hey wow...u lost no weight at all? not even from the liquid diets? how much cc is she filling your band with and how much cc does your band hold? i hope u do start loosing weight. good luck! and take care