Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any out there from South Florida!

Hello Everyone,

I'm in Fort Lauderdale. Today is my six month anniversary with the band. I've lost 41 pounds and six inches off my waist.

Yeah!

How many fills have you had i was banded in june 07 and stuck at

30 lbs. i have only had one succesful fill thanks joyce2525

Hi all South Florida Bandsters!

Good to know that there are a few of us out there using this forum! I just found out that they moved my surgery date up by 4 days so I will be banded Jan 25! Can't wait. That makes me four days closer to my goal and a new life. I have been doing the pre-op diet and sticking too it quite well. 14 pds in a week. Wouldn't it be nice it the weight just flew off like that! Just don't think so though!!! I will be happy with a couple pounds a week! Take care you all.

diane

How many fills have you had i was banded in june 07 and stuck at

30 lbs. i have only had one succesful fill thanks joyce2525

Hi Joyce, I was banded in July. For about the first two weeks I wasn't hungry and could not eat that much. I lost 7.5 pounds the first week. Then the second week I would eat more. The third week i could eat anything. My first fill was about 6 weeks from surgery date. I lost 14.5 pounds before the first fill. I only lost 8.5 pounds between the first and second fill (for 2 months). I knew it was time for my third fill when I could eat two pieces of pizza. Wow what a difference on the amount of food I can eat now. I received my third fill at the end of October - 3 months post surgery. I've lost 22 pounds since my third fill for a total of 45 pounds. :tongue:

I really needed that third fill. I still have to watch out for my liquid caloires and things that are easy to go down. ie.. crackers, cheese, Cookies, chips, ice cream, shakes. From Thanksgiving to Christmas the scale didn't move. There were so many treats and parties. I don't mind that the scale didn't move. Pre-band I'm sure my weight would have went up.

It sounds like it's time for you to get another fill. Are you writing down what you are eating and adding up your calories?

Hi all South Florida Bandsters!

Good to know that there are a few of us out there using this forum! I just found out that they moved my surgery date up by 4 days so I will be banded Jan 25! Can't wait. That makes me four days closer to my goal and a new life. I have been doing the pre-op diet and sticking too it quite well. 14 pds in a week. Wouldn't it be nice it the weight just flew off like that! Just don't think so though!!! I will be happy with a couple pounds a week! Take care you all.

diane

Congratulations Diane! Let us know how you're doing after surgery. I'm excited for you.

It's so great to get rid of clothes that you know you will never fit in again. If we can get a group of us together, we could do clothing swaps and share stories.

Hi all!

Getting mentally prepared for surgery - a few last minute jitters, but anxious to have this past me and move on. Have done well on the pre-op diet and feel very optimistic on success here. Lot of hard work though. Poeple who say this is the "easy" way ought to walk in these shoes! Will keep you posted on surgery! Take care!

diane

Hi all!! I am in WPB and had surgery May 07. I am on my 8th! fill @ 3.9CC IN 4.0cc band. I love my band and wish you newbies all the luck!!!

Hi Dorianna,

I'm in Fort Lauderdale. Your results are fantastic. I'm going for my third fill in two weeks. Right now I'm in need of a fill. In the last month I only lost one pound. Over the last two weeks I've noticed I started getting larger portions and too many Snacks that slip through so easily. But I love my band.

My sister got her band about 2 years ago. She has been very successful with it. She's only 10 pounds from her goal (125).

Hey All! I just learned of this site from the Obesity Control Center Forum. That is Dr Ortiz' center in Tijuana, Mexico. I went there Jan 14th for my surgery and just had my first fill 2/29/2008. I got 2.0cc. I just got back this morning.

Please feel free to email me at my personal email address anyone that is in this area. I think it would be nice to get together and support each other especially in breaking old eating habits!

I went to a restaraunt and I thought I ordered the smallest thing and it was still too much.

Do any of the surgeons you are discussing or any of the Fill Centers have flouroscopy around here? I don't want to keep going to TJ or St Petersburg. I hear they have an excellent Fill center there! Will the surgeons fill patients of Dr Ortiz?

From reading some of the posts, though, even with the flight to San Diego is sounds cheaper than the local fills!!!

Thanks all for any assistance

and Good luck to all of us

I AM IN WEST PALM BEACH AND GETTING BANDED ON 5/23/08. I'M TRAVEL TO Mexico FOR MY SURGERY AS A SELF PAY. WOULD LIKE TO GET MY FILLS HERE BUT PRICE SEEM EVEN IF I WENT FOR MY FREE FILLS IN MEXICO MINUS PLANE RIDE. IF ANYONE HAS A DOCTOR THAT WILL TREAT MEX-BANDERS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I LOVE THIS SITE!! HOPE TO TALK TO YOU ALL AND AS I GET CLOSER TO MY DATE, I KNOW I WILL BE ASKING FOR A LOT OF ADVISE.

LENA23:smile:

Do any of the surgeons you are discussing or any of the Fill Centers have flouroscopy around here? I don't want to keep going to TJ or St Petersburg. I hear they have an excellent Fill center there! Will the surgeons fill patients of Dr Ortiz?

From reading some of the posts, though, even with the flight to San Diego is sounds cheaper than the local fills!!!

Dr. Gomez does fills in Miami for $300. Fluro is more. Fill Center USA is opening a location in Miami and they will be able to do it under floro. Also Cleveland Clinic in Weston will do fills on patients who had surgery in Mexico.

I AM IN WEST PALM BEACH AND GETTING BANDED ON 5/23/08. I'M TRAVEL TO Mexico FOR MY SURGERY AS A SELF PAY. WOULD LIKE TO GET MY FILLS HERE BUT PRICE SEEM EVEN IF I WENT FOR MY FREE FILLS IN MEXICO MINUS PLANE RIDE. IF ANYONE HAS A DOCTOR THAT WILL TREAT MEX-BANDERS PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I LOVE THIS SITE!! HOPE TO TALK TO YOU ALL AND AS I GET CLOSER TO MY DATE, I KNOW I WILL BE ASKING FOR A LOT OF ADVISE.

LENA23:smile:

Hi Lena,

I know you are excited. Congratulations!! I'm so happy with my band. I'm not sure about the Palm Beach area doctors. Check my above post about Broward and Dade.

Cleveland Clinic in Weston, FL does fills with fluoroscopy. Dr. Szomstein is my Dr. - it is fast and easy. My insurance pays for it, so I am not sure about the costs.

Thanks.....when Were You Banded?? Any Tips You Can Give For A Smooth Recovery After Surgery!!

Lena23

Lena23:

Just take it easy and follow your Dr.s instructions. I work so I took off 2 full weeks and that was just about right for me. The first 3 or 4 days were very tiring and I gradually picked up enegry. Kept up with my Protein drinks and just let myself heal. Listen to your body, you will know when you are pushing yourself.

Some people go back to work in several days - that wasn't for me, but I am also older. And, my company gives me the time so I took it.

Good luck and don't push yourself!

diane

Hi!

I live in the Ft. Lauderdale area and wondering if there are any bandsters in the area? I am having surgery on Jan 29 at Cleveland Clinic, Weston FL. Like to share experiences!

Hi Diane-

I live in Weston and just went to the orientation last week for lap band surgery. I went to see the doctor and he suggested the bypass surgery instead, so now I am researching my options. I would love to hear from you and how you are doing. Did the doctor suggest the bypass to you?

Mary