Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any out there from South Florida!

Those of you using Cleveland Clinic in Weston is there only one doctor? I want to call and find out how much.

Can someone post a phone number? I can always go to the yellow pages...

My sister just went to the St Petersburg place and loved the lady. I hear everyone loves it there. They use flouro which is included in the price but no barrium but they had her drink Water and feel how it went down.

I am not certain i am restricted enough because i can still swallow all my Vitamins whole and eat almost anything...just not as much...

I am maintaining but not losing.....

Advice anyone? I was banded 1/14 and filled 2/29. This has been a month. I guess I should have lost by now??????

I see some live in HOllywood, Pembroke Pines and Weston. I am in Davie. Feel free to email me at xoxoxo919@hotmail.com.

Have a good evening.

Judith

Hi all!! I am in WPB and had surgery May 07. I am on my 8th! fill @ 3.9CC IN 4.0cc band. I love my band and wish you newbies all the luck!!!

Hi, I'm also in WPB. Did Dr. Larson do your band? I'm waiting on approval from Tri-Care for him to do it. I should find out within a week (I hope so!) I was just wondering if Dr Larson did yours what your experience was with him?

Thanks!

Hi Diane-

I live in Naples but had my surgery up in Brandenton with Dr. Erbella. I was banded on the 1st of Nov. Just had my 2nd fill. I lost weight with the preop diet but have actually gained back some weight. Yesterday, I got my second fill. I have the large band (10cc). The doc said not to be surprised if I have around 4-5 fills. I physically been doing great but wish I could lose some. I am just being patient... It is all a process.:)

Hi my name is Stacy and I live in Naples also. How are you doing? How is it going for you? I have not yet been banded just getting started seminar is tomorrow night in Bonita.

How much have you lost? Where in Naples are you? my email address is stacyandjimbo@yahoo.com if you want to respond in private.

Stacy

Steve I just meet with my PCP and he will be giving me a referral to Dr Larsen maybe we will be seeing each other in local support groups if he will do mine.

Hi my name is Denise aka watchout. I just got banded on May 5th. I'm having alot of trouble, because I'm always hungry! My doctor, Dr Choi put me on Clear Liquids, I hope until I see him on tuesday. I "cheated" last night by takeing a few sips of slimfast to hold me over thru the night. I felt it might be ok because I've read that so many are allowed Protein Drinks right after surgery. I can handle it somewhat during the day,but at night my stomach is growling and it hurts! Please help!:confused2:

Steve I just meet with my PCP and he will be giving me a referral to Dr Larsen maybe we will be seeing each other in local support groups if he will do mine.

You'll like Dr. Larson. The staff is really good there. Everyone has been very helpful and supportive. Good luck to you!

BTW-I'm the Amy half of the steveamy! LOL

OOPS sorry about that Amy. Anyhow I was finally able today to reach Dr Larson's Office and information was taken over the phone to see if the insurance will pay for the surgery. They said they will know in about 2 to 3 days and will call me. Wish me luck!

OOPS sorry about that Amy. Anyhow I was finally able today to reach Dr Larson's Office and information was taken over the phone to see if the insurance will pay for the surgery. They said they will know in about 2 to 3 days and will call me. Wish me luck!

Not a problem! Good luck with Dr Larson. Keep me posted!

Nope, sorry! East coast here and still waiting for insurance approval before I even get to see the Dr. However there is a yahoo group composed of a lot of SouthWest Floridians who had WLS they call themselves Floridabandsters. If you do a yahoo group search I am sure you will find them. Even though I am on the East coast I joined. Maybe I will see posting over there too.

Any one is Southwest Florida?

Finally the ball is rolling and it is not with Dr. Larsen as he does not do the surgery at a Center of Excellence. My Dr. will be Thomas Bass and he will do the surgery at Memorial Regional in Hollywood, an hour South of me. They called me Tuesday and I will be attending the informational seminar tonight. :confused:

Hi Miami. Welcome to the boards. I am up in Palm Beach County. I will be seeing Dr Bass in Hollywood for the first time on July 22. I have waited 6 weeks to see him and getting excited to start this process.

Amanda

Hi Miami. Welcome to the boards. I am up in Palm Beach County. I will be seeing Dr Bass in Hollywood for the first time on July 22. I have waited 6 weeks to see him and getting excited to start this process.

Amanda

Hi Belle,

Thank you well I made my appointment today with Dr. Atul Mudan and I'll be seeing him for the first time too. My appointment was set for July 24. Let me know how it goes. Good Luck :biggrin2:

Hi everyone, I was banned on 12/26/06 by Dr. Paul Wizman in Margate. I live in Port St Lucie. Anyone else in my area and know of any local support groups?(In PSL area)