Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

failing miserably at this right now!

i have so majorly screwed up! i dont know if my ability to eat more comes from needing another fill or if i have stretched my pouch or what! i have eaten horribly the last couple weeks, each day getting worse i swear! what the hell is wrong with me? i had a hard time before, but thought i had gotten my mind wrapped around what i needed to be doing and then it is like i walked into a brick wall, BAM! i really hope that i pull myself together before i really hurt myself! i have my second fill scheduled for the 27 w/ a fluoro and i am so scared that i have stretched my pouch. i tell myself, maybe its just because you have lost enough and need that additional fill..that is why you can eat more now. my mom says i am not eating as much as i think i am, but i just feel bad, ya know? damn these holidays! i will be happy when they are over and life gets back to "normal".

thanks for letting me vent.

You are not alone, I am with you in every aspect here.

I am sorry I do not have the answer. My next fill is Jan 2.

i am right there with you. damn holidays. i gained three pounds. i dont get my next fill for three weeks. i will call doctor before that. keep the faith and stay strong. i am trying to do the same.

Me too ;)

I think its the season - I feel like I've not lost anything at all - I know that that just isn't the case, but it feels like that. Many of us are hurting right now I think. I'm feeling totally despondent and thinking, man when I next go for my fill (2nd) my Doc will be so disappointed in me.

We'll all need to hang in there - thank goodnes for this board

well..although i have not had a fill, i am VERY sick right now. i think i have pneumonia again (i've had i twice before), but i'm not sure because i'm having body aches and a headache that i cannot get rid of. and i'm very tired. and my whole face hurts. anyways, i guess from all of this mucus, i finally feel what i will feel like when i am at my sweet spot. i have no interest in food. i'm not hungry at all, and when i do eat it lasts for hours. i've lost 3 lbs since this morning..i'm not sure how that happened...lol...i took a diuretic, but i've been taking them every day almost.

anywas, i think this thing may actually work when i get the right fill. i like this not being hungry thing.

Hey want so bad, you are not alone in this... I feel like I have failed miserably at this and I'm so afraid that I have stretched my pouch or I have a leak... I can eat anything I want without any problems, which includes eating way too much... My next fill is not until January 11th.... Keep us all informed of what your Dr says and how your fill goes....

Hi All: I am in Noth Carolina and feel as if I'm failing also. BUT GREAT NEWS!!! I too can eat whatevver I want so I started researching WHY!!! My Dr said everyone was different and the band may need several adjustments. I thought he was just trying to make me feel better. I started doing research. I thought of how painful it would be to take such a drastic measure and have it not work. I found through researching that the band that I had ( Oct 22, 2007) was a newer band and may take as many as 4 or more adjustments. We've all come too far to give up hope. My next adjustment is 1-11-08, will be my 3rd. Just keep doing the best you can and prepare for when we reach that magical day. Besides, maybe God's just preparing us for the great new bodies we are getting ready to have!!! I feel your frustration and pain but hang in there! We'll get there!! Sheila

I have only lost 13 lbs and that was within the first 10 days! I just can't seem to budge the scale and I feel so embarrassed when people ask me how much weight I've lost. My first fill was the 18th of December and I do feel some restriction but I am also still finding myself staring at the open pantry or refrigerator. I don't see my doctor for another 4 weeks and then another fill would be two weeks from that. Even if I could lose a pound a week, I swear I would be happy.

Sheila - thanks for the note - I just had my 3rd fill and I still feel like I can eat. I am doing good and have never gained from one appt to the next but still it is gong slow. I am filled to 6cc in a new ap 10cc band - my dr lets me come every two weeks and tells me to start my meal with Protein.

I still LOVE this band!

i just re read what i posted earlier.

sorry about my whole sick post. my point in all of that was that i can eat anything i want right now, too, and i am not losing weight at all, but if restriction feels like it does while i'm sick, then i think we all have hope!!!!

I also am having problems. Lost 5 lbs pre surgery, 14 lb after surgery (10-4), then gained 10 back! Had my 1st fill 11/22, felt restriction for 3 days, then nothing. By strict dieting (900 cal) I have lost 5 lbs. Called the dr to schedule a week earlier so I will get my 2nd fill on 1/9.I sure hope this gives me restriction. To cheer myself up I have set up a savings plan so I can have upper arm surgery after I lose weight:) But I am a little lost when you all talk about Protein. No one has told me I was supposed to eat it first:why? I usually eat my veggies 1st since I like them best but I'm going to talk to the fill dr when I go in next week. I've gone back to 2 Metamucial Cookies at night (with LOTS of water) so the diarreah is somewhat better. Good luck to all. Laura

I for one can eat anything I want and I have restriction - I choose to eat healthy - lots of fish (I like it) veggies - brown rice etc. IMHO the band is a great tool - but it's only that - a tool - the band its self isn't going to make you lose weight - only you can do that by choosing healthy foods - you can't keep eating high fat - high sugar foods - the band will let you eat these things and if you choose to continue to eat in this manner you aren't going to be a band success story. IMHO 75% of the work is up to you and the other 25% is the bands job once you get proper restriction

It was stated if you could do this pre-band then you wouldn't need the band - to a point I agree as the band is a Portion Control device but that’s all it is - you control the calories - if you want to be successful you have to make a commitment to changing your eating habit and add exercise into your life. It's not that one piece of cake that made you fat - it was eating the whole damn thing. You can still have cake, candy, fried foods - but only occasionally - not ever day. You have to allow wiggle room (not room enough for another person) to live a normal life - but you have to retrain your brain too.

The band is no diff than any other program out there - Some will succeed on WW - Jenny Craig - LA Weight - Bypass & Lapland surgery - but there are those who didn't continue with their commitment to change their eating habits and they will not succeed. Again this is my personal opinion formed from the data on the band and bypass - there are people out there that were either banded or had bypass and have put all the weight they lost back on - Why - did the surgery fail (they would like you to believe that it did - but it didn't - the tool worked) it was the person who chose to go back to their unhealthy eating habits. Plain and simple

Please make a determined effort to comply with your band and the eating plan that your doctor has given you

It's great that you are only eating 1 slice of pizza instead of the whole thing - but IMHO this is a lifetime lifestyle change and you can't just rely on the band - you need to learn a new healthy way of eating in combination with the restriction if you are going to be successful in the long run.

As fat people we have BAD eating habits - these eating habits have to change. You have to do the work too by making healthy food choices and adding exercise.

I understand how hard this is – I am right there with all of you - I understand how hard to refrain from eating the junk.

I am a fat chick too - I know all the excuses why we can't do thing - it's just too hard - that why you were banded to have the tool to help (operative word help not do it for you)

I am working this - and I feel so much better - and I want this for all of you - I want you all to have the "aha" moment..

I understand that we aren't perfect - but understand that we have to change our old mindset and do the work

You need to step up to the plate and take responsibility for yourself - it's you who chooses what you eat not the band...

If you eat that cookie - then you gotta add extra exercise or reduce your food at your next meal. I didn't gain one pound over the holidays - I did have 5 xmas Cookies and a couple of tamales - but I increased my excercise and watched what I ate at my other meals - this is what skinny people do... I lost 3.5 lbs between 12/15 & 1/2..

It's a proven statistic that people who keep food diaries have better success in their endevors. Are any of you tracting your food intake??

Having good restiction - doesn't equate to making good food choices - You do that not the band...

Hope all your fills help you get proper restriction - it does help but you still got that whole head hunger issue to deal with...

Good Luck !!!!

YES YOU NEED A FILL CALL THE DR.

I was eating 6 to 7 oz to feel full .. I knew this was too much so I called and went from 4ml to 7 ml yesterday 1/2/08 and baby I have restriction at its best!

I have not been able to really eat much sticking to liquids

did have some pretzels w/ my chicken Soup but I am full!

Remember this is a tool that needs timely adjustments

you have not stretched your stomach ask you Dr. if he will adjust you w/ flouroscopy so you can see your band and pouch. So you will feel better.