Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has anyone has Smartlipo done? And if so, were you happy with it?

I am hearing reports that it is much better than regular Lipo and it tightens your skin. I go next month for consultation with a local doctor who does it - Dr. Masters Mexico. I want multiple areas done - so not sure how much it would be. I'm also looking into having it done in Mexico by Dr. Lopez - Versalles Center - Board Certified Plastic Surgeons. I'm looking for anyone who has experience with Smartlipo and how this would affect us with the band.

I did go in for a free consultation with the doctor regarding the smart Lipo Let me just say, I want it done bad!

I really like the doctor, the total cost for the total body body contour is $9800.00. If I had the money, I would do it today! She swears my tummy will be flat after the proceedure, I'm still not 100% convinced, but the doc is.

I'm debating on whether to take out a 401K loan. I am waiting on the unfreeze of the loans (we just got bought by another company) and I might do it. If I do it, I will do it in April. I am now going to focus on exercise and eating right so if I decided to do it in April, I will have some muscle underneath my fat.

Just thought I would update my story on smart lipo.

If you go onto www.makemeheal.com there will be people in the Lipo section that have had that procedure and may be able to help.

hey T,

can you give me some info on the total body contour? is it Lipo only? just wondering..

thanks,

C

Yes, it is the smartlipo only. The cost was $9800, plus the cost of compression garmets, which totalled about $265. This would include, chin, arm, back fat, upper/lower abs, love handles, hips, thights (complete thigh), knees, pretty much everything on your entire body. I would love to have it done, and might, I'm just going to spend the next 3 months exercising and eating right and we'll see where I am come April!

Hum, trying to find good info on this, none of those links seem to pull anything good up to explain it really.

I did see in Tulsa they do it under mild sedation, not anesthesia. If you did your whole body, I couldn't imagine doing it awake!!

I'm getting laser Lipo on my outer thighs, is this the same as Smart Lipo? The surgeon said that it's a tiny canula, that's inserted very gently though the tissues, and a laser "melts" the fat, which is then gently vacuumed out. He said that it's much less traumatic to the body, with less swelling and bruising than traditional liposuction.

Tami

Yes, Tami, it is the same! I would love to hear what you thought of the results. When are you having it done?

Laura -I agree, I was wondering the same thing. I know the doc that does it in Mexico does put you out. The doc here where I live said she just deadens the area, she swears it is not painful. I think I would rather be knocked out, but I am still working on deciding if I am going to have it done.

My plan is workout for 3 months and in April I will decide if I am going to have it done. I really want to lose another 20 lbs before I have it done.

Also Laura, I would just google smartlipo if you are unable to pull the links up. You will get tons of info on it. I haven't been able to find anything negative about it yet.

Yes, Tami, it is the same! I would love to hear what you thought of the results. When are you having it done?

My surgery is scheduled for 2/15. I'm getting a lower body lift, the Lipo on the saddlebags, port replacement, medial thigh lift and breast lift/augmentation. I had a thigh/buttock lift in '95, along with traditional lipo on my thighs. I told him that I was concerned about having the medial thigh lift along with the other surgery, because following my previous surgery, I had a lot of swelling. Since I was wearing a compression garmet for the lower body that had a pubic opening, that area really swelled out, and was very uncomfortable. He told me that this time I won't have nearly the amount of swelling because of the difference in the type of lipo being done.

Tami

My advice, of course, is to always seek a board-certified plastic surgeon to perform these types of procedures as ANY doctor can do Lipo in their office. A list is at

American Society of Plastic Surgeons: The resource for plastic and reconstructive surgery

Most docs who have a lot of experience with SmartLipo (check Dr Blinski's posts at makemeheal.com) are now following SmartLipo with regular old lipo through the usual incisions.

I personally am not sure that will result in the lowered swelling and downtime that some claim. Do check the messageboards though and do your research...this technique is still very new and very few docs have a lot of experience with it.

A few recent posts I found:

Liposuction Message Boards - HELP WITH SMARTLIPO w/ VASER - Plastic Surgery, Cosmetic, Forums, Chats

Liposuction Message Boards - Failed Smartlipo. Help needed please - Plastic Surgery, Cosmetic, Forums, Chats

Liposuction Message Boards - smart lipo questions - Plastic Surgery, Cosmetic, Forums, Chats

Liposuction Message Boards - any point repeating smartlipo - Plastic Surgery, Cosmetic, Forums, Chats

Liposuction Message Boards - Smart lipo update - Plastic Surgery, Cosmetic, Forums, Chats

Anyway, it seems the reviews are mixed which keeps me using the techniques that I know work.

Hi, I have been doing some on-line research on smartlipo and I to had a consultation with Advanced Skin Care Solutions about 2 weeks ago. I am still waiting to hear back from one of their patients that has had their inner,outer thighs, Knees & jawline done. For just those areas I was quoted a cost of $8,000. Sounds like either her price went up or they are not being consistant on their quotes. I was told each area would be $2,000, which would mean if you had a full body as you described it would be over $14,000. Although they did say once you reach a total of $14,000 there is no charge for any other area you might want to have done. My question is what is left? Maybe your toes? In spite of the cost and the fact I have put a 2nd mortgage on my home I really want to have this procedure done. My fear is that I will not see $8,000 worth of difference. I would do just about anything to have nice firm thighs. Celullite is unfortunately hereditary in my family and the procedure can improve that to some degree. I am about 5' 4" and about 30 lbs overweight. Has anyone out there had this done by Leslie Masters in Tulsa at Advance Skin Care solutions who could shed some light on the cost and if they were happy with the results? Thanks

Hi. What was your opinion on the posts and links I posted above? It seems to me that most patients who have had the procedure were farily clear about their results.