Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi, I have been doing some on-line research on smartlipo and I to had a consultation with Advanced Skin Care Solutions about 2 weeks ago. I am still waiting to hear back from one of their patients that has had their inner,outer thighs, Knees & jawline done. For just those areas I was quoted a cost of $8,000. Sounds like either her price went up or they are not being consistant on their quotes. I was told each area would be $2,000, which would mean if you had a full body as you described it would be over $14,000. Although they did say once you reach a total of $14,000 there is no charge for any other area you might want to have done. My question is what is left? Maybe your toes? In spite of the cost and the fact I have put a 2nd mortgage on my home I really want to have this procedure done. My fear is that I will not see $8,000 worth of difference. I would do just about anything to have nice firm thighs. Celullite is unfortunately hereditary in my family and the procedure can improve that to some degree. I am about 5' 4" and about 30 lbs overweight. Has anyone out there had this done by Leslie Masters in Tulsa at Advance Skin Care solutions who could shed some light on the cost and if they were happy with the results? Thanks

Well, I have my quote in writing and it is good for 1 year. I do think the price must be negotiable. I came into her office with all the facts and other quotes - so she knew I knew the price. I don't know, maybe she knew I was serious and gave me the deal, but that is what she quoted me for the entire body to contour. I have decided to wait until I lose more weight, although she tried to talk me into doing it now, and saying it will help with weightloss. However, from everything I have read, they can only suction out so much, (about a pop can) at one time, so, I know I have more than that, so I'm going to wait until I reach about 155 lbs.

They didn't even quote me for 1 area, she just came in and looked at me and told me all the great things she could do.

I really want to have it done, but I'm going to wait until maybe April. Or, it will be end of year.

The one thing I'm torn on is do it here, or go to the Dr. in Mexico, from everything I've read, she takes her time and creates a masterpiece. Where the doc here where I live, its finished I think in 30 min or so. So, I'm still debating.

Hi. What was your opinion on the posts and links I posted above? It seems to me that most patients who have had the procedure were farily clear about their results.

Sorry I haven't posted, but I have been reading all the links, thank you so much for posting them. Reading this has helped me in making the decision to wait just a bit longer. I think smartlipo is better if you have lost most of your weight, and are pretty much at goal but ready to "tone" or get rid of some of the problem areas. With that being said, I'm about 25 lbs from goal, so I thought I would wait until I reached about 155 and then try and get it done.

Very few people are unhappy with their results, but the people that were unhappy either didn't get the sucktion with the laser, and/or they were not at or near their goal weight - still had 30+ pounds to lose.

Thanks again.

Is UAL (Ultrasonic Assisted Lipoplasty) the same as SmartLipo? That's the type of Lipo (followed by suction) that my surgeon does.

Tami

Tami - I think it is.

:ohmy:That really bugs me they are charging people different prices. I am going for a consultaion with a Dr. Guthrie tomorrow afternoon at Brookside Cosmetic Surgery and Wellness. He was also trained in Florida and has been doing the procedure since last July. Have you heard of any other doctors in the Tulsa area who do SmartLipo. Where did you here about Dr. Masters?

Well, I have my quote in writing and it is good for 1 year. I do think the price must be negotiable. I came into her office with all the facts and other quotes - so she knew I knew the price. I don't know, maybe she knew I was serious and gave me the deal, but that is what she quoted me for the entire body to contour. I have decided to wait until I lose more weight, although she tried to talk me into doing it now, and saying it will help with weightloss. However, from everything I have read, they can only suction out so much, (about a pop can) at one time, so, I know I have more than that, so I'm going to wait until I reach about 155 lbs.

They didn't even quote me for 1 area, she just came in and looked at me and told me all the great things she could do.

I really want to have it done, but I'm going to wait until maybe April. Or, it

will be end of year.

That really bugs me they are charging people different prices. I am going for a consultaion with a Dr. Guthrie tomorrow afternoon at Brookside Cosmetic Surgery and Wellness. He was also trained in Florida and has been doing the procedure since last July. Have you heard of any other doctors in the Tulsa area who do SmartLipo. Where did you here about Dr. Masters?

The one thing I'm torn on is do it here, or go to the Dr. in Mexico, from everything I've read, she takes her time and creates a masterpiece. Where the doc here where I live, its finished I think in 30 min or so. So, I'm still debating.

I am obviously not a real brain trust when it comes to using mesage boards.....as my response ended up in the middle of your last message. Sorry about that.

That really bugs me they are charging people different prices. I am going for a consultaion with a Dr. Guthrie tomorrow afternoon at Brookside Cosmetic Surgery and Wellness. He was also trained in Florida and has been doing the procedure since last July. Have you heard of any other doctors in the Tulsa area who do SmartLipo. Where did you here about Dr. Masters?

I heard about Dr. Masters from Channel 6 news. She was the first to bring it to Tulsa.

I haven't heard about the Dr. Gurthrie, but I'm anxious to hear what he says. So please come back and post about your visit.

Who did you Lap Band surgery?

Hi. Ultrasonic Lipo is not the same as smart lipo. Smart lipo is a newer technique and uses a laser to melt the fat.

As I mentioned, both techniques supposedly melt fat and tighten the skin. Im not sure I have ever seen a convincing photo of this but that is the claim.

Thank you Dr. JLo.

I really didn't know if they were the same or not. I'm glad you clarrified it.

"Be smart about looking good"

The training and experience of your doctor are critical, and are the most important factors in getting a good result.

Surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery have undergone plastic surgery training at accredited programs and have been formally trained in liposuction.< /p>

Board-certified plastic surgeons can be found at

American Society of Plastic Surgeons: The resource for plastic and reconstructive surgery

I might add that liposuction of any kind in weight loss patients often has limited results (I personally have never performed it) as the problem here is mainly excess skin not excess fat.

Of course, be sure you look at numerous before and afters of patients who look like you so you can see what your results will look like.

I have had smart Lipo done. I am going back this month for the 4th time...3rd time in some areas. Smartlipo in not a miracle procedure. I was told that I would have a flat stomach, which it was smaller but not flat. Hopefully the 3rd times a charm. I normally am a private person and don't like telling people my business, but I felt compelled to tell people my story. I wish someone had told me that it wouldn't be done right the first time and you would have to go back for corrections. If anyone wants to know more you can e-mail me at dougneva@yahoo.com. I would be more than happy to answer questions about my experience.

Hello to all,

I am Dr. Leslie Masters and I will try to keep up with your conversations and answer any questions as they arise. I have performed both smartlipo and ultrasonic liposuction. My opinion today is that there is a lot of gimic out there and nothing can replace technique or experience. I was one of the first physicians in the country to start using the new Smartlipo and I have done thousands of procedures. Most of them along with the ultrasound. This is what I tell patients today:

What I perform is something called liposculpting. It is sort of a whole new area in cosmetic medicine. Liposculpting is the "umbrella term" and there are alot of tools a surgeon can use in liposculpting--Smartlipo and the ultrasound are two of them. "Smartlipo" is definitely the buzz word out there right now. It is one tool and in my quite experienced opinion not the best one--it is just the one that people hear the most about. (YAY marketing!) Liposculting is very popular in Europe and after being a bit disappointed with the effectiveness of the above modalities I decided a little over a year ago to learn more about what they are doing over seas. I have trained with many experts in liposculting from all over the world. Today my Smartlipo and Ultrasound are both parked. I perform nearly all of my procedures with specialized small canulas that I have to order from Europe. After performing thousands of cases I am more convinced than ever that results depend on experience and technique........not technology. Liposculpting is and art. It removes fat and gently shapes the body with the whole idea being that sure we want this area to be smaller but we also want it to look prettier and to look natural. We don't want a saddle bag gone and a leg that looks like the outer thigh has been "lopped off" (that is a medical term Ha!!)---rather we want a prettier thigh. You have to look at the whole leg and perform a procedure that will will leave you with a natural, nicely shaped thigh.

Liposculpting is different than traditional liposuction in three main ways--1. In liposculpting, the fat is liquified before it is suctioned out--as a opposed to traditional liposuction which is more like a "cheese grater" approach (sorry for the graphic). 2. In liposculpting, it is the specialized tools that allow me to smooth an area, shape an area and make sure that the area being treated blends in nicely with the rest of your body. 3. In liposculpting, it is the technique that is responsible for the majority of the tightening. The tools stimulate the collagen just as the Smartlipo does but this is, in my opinion, is the minor component. It is the "technique" that stimulates the skin to pull in every direction as it heals and I believe I get far superior tightening than I used to. Think of it this way--take a kleenex and pull it from one corner. It does not get taut. Now pull it from several directions and "ta da" it tightens up much better. In liposculpting I stimulate your skin to pull in many directions as it heals resulting in far superior tightening than with collagen stimulation alone--again, in my opinion. Technique not technology is the answer.

I hope this helps and I will try very hard to follow your conversation along and answer any questions that I can.

I hope this