Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mini Bypass reversal

I have. Reversal from mini gastric bypass to RNY. It's early days for me, but I'm glad I had the reversal. I was suffering from steatorrhea and excessive malabsorption. The steatorrhea has been cured as well as the toxic off the scales smell following a visit to the toilet. I'm now just hoping for some weight gain.

On 5/18/2024 at 5:55 AM, Jalapeño said:

I have. Reversal from mini gastric bypass to RNY. It's early days for me, but I'm glad I had the reversal. I was suffering from steatorrhea and excessive malabsorption. The steatorrhea has been cured as well as the toxic off the scales smell following a visit to the toilet. I'm now just hoping for some weight gain.

Hey there... How's the weight gain going then? I've had MGP 2 years ago and have been on the skinny side for way too long. Can't believe I'm trying to find solutions to gain weight now...

I've gained about 5kg and am approximately 5 months post RNY. The surgery is something that I'm getting used to because of the restriction. I definitely feel full after eating a smaller portion. With the MGB, I had zero restriction and could eat like a horse, but not one iota was being absorbed. My energy levels were shot. Post RNY, energy levels are better and blood test results are showing that I am actually absorbing the Multi Vitamins etc that I take, this absorption was absent with MGB. If you are going to revise from MGB to RNY to a little gain weight, your surgeon will have to tinker with the limb lengths. My stomach pouch was kept the same, so I have an RNY with MGB stomach pouch but customised limb lengths. I think I will know more about the final result in a year from now. I can hand on heart say that MGB was a mistake, because it was too powerful a procedure for me. I should have just opted for RNY from the very beginning, but because I was paying privately for the procedure, I thought it best to go for MGB at the time, for two reasons, one it was powerful and two that it was safer than RNY. Only one limb gets cut and replumbed with MGB but two with the RNY. I have seen fantastic results with people who have been sleeved. But, for me, I have a food and sugar addiction. I do not have an off switch, so in that sense poor discipline when it comes to controlling my relationship with food. I'm also bone idle. On that basis I had ruled out the sleeve. I hope it was the correct decision. Ideally, people should opt for the sleeve for weight loss and RNY for those who are in a similar position to myself.