Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Surgery Buddies!

Why would he eat something like that in front of you. Sounds like you need to set boundaries with that until you get to a point where you're fully healed and allowed to eat solid food.

Wow! There are so many things to unpack there.
let me start with you are not going to fail!! We will be able to eat in moderation. That is the whole goal of the tool. Instead of eating a large fry eating a couple like 4-5 instead of eating a whopper maybe half or less. Nothing will be BANNED! Your body will tell you though if it doesn’t like something you ate. You will get dumping , cramps, nausea or all of the above. So the key point here is not to get upset.

now as I say that, I am struggling too but I am preop still. But I have had a couple of slips.

As I don’t know what the situation I’m not sure why your husband brought home McDonald’s? Knowing your current condition? If possible could he eat in the car before coming in the house? Just for the next few weeks as you adjust to your new eating habits.

we do need to learn to navigate when those around us have food that we so badly want. I went through that last night with potatoes. We will have to remove ourselves from those situations sometimes. Like I should have.

im sure your husband will understand. Well, I hope anyway.

4 hours ago, DestinyAlcala said:

Hey guys, I was sleeved 12/14. Anyone else having issues mentally? Also my husband got McDonald’s tonight and I stupidly ate a French fry now all I can do is cry because I’m terrified I’m going to fail and that French fry was the proof. 😭

You are not going to fail! You are so strong!!! You have alreay made leaps and bounds toward a better you. Dont worry about one fry. Did it taste good? Has your taste changed since your surgery?

I am a huge Pasta and pastry lover. To make matters worse, I made a human just like me and have married and man who can eat all day and night with no weight gain. Since I was loosing so well on my own, I wanted to schedule a Spaghetti night prior to surgery but felt guilty even thinking about it. I was going to my last nutrition appointment and told my nutritionist about my plans. She said so it! If we deprive ourselves, we will only want it more and then end up over doing. That night, I came home cooked a huge pot of sauce and boiled the noodles. I did walk that day to make myself feel better and that night settled in for my last big bowl of pasta. The anticipation was far better. It did not taste as good as I remembered and did not provide the comfort I had anticipated. I felt like I had cheated myself but at the same time, glad I got it out of my system. Surgery is tomorrow and I am down 55 lbs since I started. Morale of the story - you are human! Eat in moderation, exercise daily, and enjoy the ride! Don't have off limit food! But when you do have the not healthy kind, think about the taste, texture, and how you felt before, while, and after. Best wishes to you.

1 hour ago, MLC3409 said:

Wow! There are so many things to unpack there.
let me start with you are not going to fail!! We will be able to eat in moderation. That is the whole goal of the tool. Instead of eating a large fry eating a couple like 4-5 instead of eating a whopper maybe half or less. Nothing will be BANNED! Your body will tell you though if it doesn’t like something you ate. You will get dumping , cramps, nausea or all of the above. So the key point here is not to get upset.

now as I say that, I am struggling too but I am preop still. But I have had a couple of slips.

As I don’t know what the situation I’m not sure why your husband brought home McDonald’s? Knowing your current condition? If possible could he eat in the car before coming in the house? Just for the next few weeks as you adjust to your new eating habits.

we do need to learn to navigate when those around us have food that we so badly want. I went through that last night with potatoes. We will have to remove ourselves from those situations sometimes. Like I should have.

im sure your husband will understand. Well, I hope anyway.

My husband felt so guilty, he works in the oilfield and had just got home so it was my choice to grab him McDonald’s I thought I could fight the urge because I had gotten it for my kids and didn’t bother me, but I guess having it in my room got me. We’ve agreed no more. I spent the whole night taking nausea meds and dry heaving. I felt awful. It’s safe to say I’m not going to touch them again for AWHILE. I’ll never forget that feeling.

That is great that he is understanding. YEP! Your body told you no no no 😂. That is what happens. It is worse than a slap to the hand.

I hope you’re feeling better. It will take time. I am learning mistakes will happen and we just have to learn and adjust.

1 hour ago, Sox'sMom said:

You are not going to fail! You are so strong!!! You have alreay made leaps and bounds toward a better you. Dont worry about one fry. Did it taste good? Has your taste changed since your surgery?

I am a huge Pasta and pastry lover. To make matters worse, I made a human just like me and have married and man who can eat all day and night with no weight gain. Since I was loosing so well on my own, I wanted to schedule a Spaghetti night prior to surgery but felt guilty even thinking about it. I was going to my last nutrition appointment and told my nutritionist about my plans. She said so it! If we deprive ourselves, we will only want it more and then end up over doing. That night, I came home cooked a huge pot of sauce and boiled the noodles. I did walk that day to make myself feel better and that night settled in for my last big bowl of Pasta. The anticipation was far better. It did not taste as good as I remembered and did not provide the comfort I had anticipated. I felt like I had cheated myself but at the same time, glad I got it out of my system. Surgery is tomorrow and I am down 55 lbs since I started. Morale of the story - you are human! Eat in moderation, exercise daily, and enjoy the ride! Don't have off limit food! But when you do have the not healthy kind, think about the taste, texture, and how you felt before, while, and after. Best wishes to you.

Thank you 🩶🩶🩶 I physically felt awful all night. I’ve eaten softened cabbage and zucchini from my Soup as well and felt bad for cheating but it didn’t make me ill. I’m trying to push myself to stay on track.

I am a huge Pasta and pastry lover. To make matters worse, I made a human just like me and have married and man who can eat all day and night with no weight gain. Since I was loosing so well on my own, I wanted to schedule a Spaghetti night prior to surgery but felt guilty even thinking about it. I was going to my last nutrition appointment and told my nutritionist about my plans. She said so it! If we deprive ourselves, we will only want it more and then end up over doing. That night, I came home cooked a huge pot of sauce and boiled the noodles. I did walk that day to make myself feel better and that night settled in for my last big bowl of Pasta. The anticipation was far better. It did not taste as good as I remembered and did not provide the comfort I had anticipated. I felt like I had cheated myself but at the same time, glad I got it out of my system. Surgery is tomorrow and I am down 55 lbs since I started. Morale of the story - you are human! Eat in moderation, exercise daily, and enjoy the ride! Don't have off limit food! But when you do have the not healthy kind, think about the taste, texture, and how you felt before, while, and after. Best wishes to you.

Thank you 🩶🩶🩶 I physically felt awful all night. I’ve eaten softened cabbage and zucchini from my Soup as well and felt bad for cheating but it didn’t make me ill. I’m trying to push myself to stay on track.

7 minutes ago, MLC3409 said:

That is great that he is understanding. YEP! Your body told you no no no 😂. That is what happens. It is worse than a slap to the hand.

I hope you’re feeling better. It will take time. I am learning mistakes will happen and we just have to learn and adjust.

Literally I was like ok new tummy I got it lol. I’m feeling much better this morning with my Protein Shake and Water ready to start the day 🩶. Thank you so much!

Yes, same here!

Today is day #7 for me so HELLO PURÉED FOODS!! :) I woke up in such a great mood! These hormones really are all over the place! Lol. I put on some makeup for the first time in a LONG time and got dressed in normal people clothes. I made myself a Protein Shake with sugar free Peanut Butter powder and it was so yummy! I’m attempting my first trip out today with my mama to the grocery store. I’m in much better spirits and hoping this is day 1 of happier spirits to come!

Not food related but physical limitations?
yesterday was day 6 post op and I’m not driving but I needed to get some stuff done. I was out a total of 3 hours. Sipping Water along the way. Well I get home and got a little Protein Shake in and crashed out.i slept nearly 7 hours.woke up in a lot of discomfort, nauseous and even coughing up mucus . I guess my body told me too much too soon

Yep! And also not enough liquids. After sleeping that long with little in my stomach (still preop) I know I wake up nauseous. I am hoping that changes after surgery but it sounds like from what you said it might not 🙁🙁

Hi all, I had my surgery 12/19. So two days post op. Something that really hit me like a frieght train was the nausea I knew about gas pains and such but the nausea has been crippling when getting any liquids in. Any tips?

My surgery will be December 27. Excited, nervous, worried. Keep having crazy dreams about the surgery.