Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr L. Machado/sacbariatrics/program fee?

Has anyone else been told that Sacbariatrics has a program fee of $2850??:faint::rolleyes:

Don't know anything about that surgeon or program, but I personally think "program fees" are a HUGE bunch of CRAP. I ended up going to a different surgeon because my first choice charged a mandatory "support group" fee. Now she's moved out of state, wonder if anyone is getting back their fees?

that is exactly why i did this thread, I think its BS also...not one other person I talked too paid a program fee or even knew about the fee (either of them lol)...After the program fee of 2850/my deductible 250/my portion of the surgery itself 1500 (est) and what about the anestesia there is another fee/by the time I am done it is equal to a cash pay in Mexico with out the vacation!

The Dr. I am considering charges $500, but that includes meetings with the nutrutionist and what they call a nurse psychologist, as well as co-pay for office visits.

Quite a few docs are charging program fees that insurance doesn't cover. I understand there is a lot of paperwork to be done, and lots involved in supporting the patient, but then come up with codes to be able to bill for office visits, etc. I can see paying a paperwork fee (something like $50 maybe) for materials, etc. But some places charge for the insurance paperwork to be filled out and submitted, ummmm, isn't that their JOB? Isn't that the whole point?

Hey faithmd,

This another one of my points...I don't mind paying a "program fee" that is reasonable but $2850...that seems like a lot of "program"...and if or when I move out of the area then what? Money down the damn drain.

I can also understand administrative costs as well, maybe $1000 (per patient) above and beyond, but I wonder where this number came from.

And I have still yet to speak to one of her patients that have PAID this fee or even know about it. I just want to be sure that this is not just some unscrupulous employee trying to get "gas money" out of Dr Machado's patients... (seen it happen)

ok lets recap the fees 2850 program fee

200 psy eval (through her office)

1500 my 10% of surgery

250 my ins ded

100 5 ofc copays

500 time off work

5,400 Grand total

This is why I pay $350 per month for health insurance??

faith,

most insurance forms are filed through the internet now...electronic claim forms...already has cpt codes/ scan supporting docs/transmit....all worth 2850 ???????

that is crazy mines was

phyiscal evl. free

labwork: free

Dr. visit pre opt copay $20.00

insurance ded $300.00

10% for surgery 1450.00

and the hospital allowed me to make payments

my insurance month cost 103.00

:) I know fortworth ins and cost of living is cheaper than california...I think dr machado is worth it, I am just worried about the long run. And if none of her other patients are paying it neither am I!!!!!

They make you get xray of the band at the hospital. They said the hospital charges $1800. What a rip off! But there are few options docs that do lap band aftercare in Sacramento. I am having to take jaunts to TJ to my fills.

I am in Dallas Texas and these Dr. have so much competition that they are giving things away , free physical eval. free labwork , free post opt visit and I got a gift card for Walmart for any med. awesome!!!!

They make you get xray of the band at the hospital. They said the hospital charges $1800. What a rip off! But there are few options docs that do lap band aftercare in Sacramento. I am having to take jaunts to TJ to my fills.

$1800??? That's insanity. My Mexican doc charges $75.00. Actually, he doesn't charge that the hospital does.

I can see $200-$300 for a US hospital, but $1800? That's theft.

this does not make me happy... but thanks for the info