Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have had my gastric sleeve surgery April 24th 2023. I am currently 6days post op. No pain, little sore. I am able to take in my 64oz of Fluid (clear). And starting full liquid in 2 days, for two weeks. Im so hungry and would die for some puree. I walk as much as i can considering I dont have as much energy at the moment.
Please how did you cope with the hunger while on the liquid diet?
How long before puree food?
Thanks for any response. I really appreciate it 🙏🙏

While some do feel hunger after surgery, they are the minority. Are you sure you’re really hungry? May seem a silly question but after surgery our head seems to play more games with us because of the stress & emotional after effects of the surgery. Plus our hormones are often all over the place. We feel hungry because we may have used food to comfort us or we’ve subconsciously looking for something familiar in our upside down world. And of course we often what something more when we can’t have it. It’s all head hunger not real hunger. Craving a specific food, flavour or texture (such as a purées because you see them more as real food) is head hunger. Distraction is often helpful. Read, craft, check social media, play a game, ring a friend, go for a short walk, etc. Warm drinks can be helpful too.

Post surgery, your body is still producing the amount of stomach acid you needed to digest food in your much larger tummy. Also because you don’t really need the acid to digest liquids, it’s literally just sitting in your smaller tummy causing discomfort, reflux type symptoms or making you think you’re hungry. A PPI can be helpful to reduce the acid. We’re usually prescribed one but if you weren’t you could ask for a script.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches