Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hmmm thats a bit different- feeling full

So, I am 5 weeks out of bypass revision. I feel great (a little stall, but I hear thats normal and I am not worried). I am happy.

Just an observation, I dont get that full feeling as fast as I did like the original, the delayed fullness is weird. Me and the Dr. have talked about it and I understand why. I have had one hick up with overeating and that sh*t was painful for a good 45 mins.

How are you managing this change if you are experiencing it at all?

Here are some tips that might help you manage this change:

1. Listen to your body: Pay attention to the signals your body is sending you, such as hunger and fullness cues.
  2. Eat slowly: Chew your food well and take small bites to allow your brain to catch up with your stomach.
  3. Stop eating when you're full: Don't try to eat more just because you're used to feeling full in the past.
  4. Avoid high-volume, low-nutrient foods: Foods that are high in sugar or empty calories can be tempting, but they won't fill you up and may contribute to overeating.
  5. Drink Water regularly: Staying hydrated can help you feel full and prevent overeating.
  6. Keep a food journal: Writing down what you eat and when you eat it can help you identify patterns and prevent overeating.

Remember, everyone's journey is different, and it may take some time to adjust to the changes in your body. Be patient with yourself and stay focused on your goals.

To be honest I rarely feel full. I still have to weigh and measure everything because I don’t feel it. I know I can eat the equivalent amount as my clenched fist, which in volume is about a cup. The first few months I could only tolerate 2-4 oz of anything or it got stuck (hiatal hernia repair healing). Most days I use an app to track food. I also prep in many toddler containers. I found what works for me, but now is your opportunity to find a method that works for you.

I do not experience a delayed response. I can imagine that being very tricky though. The closest I come to that is when I eat Soup. I never get sick but it's a heavier feeling in my stomach if I eat too much of it. The feeling passes rather quickly since it is liquid. The cues are different for me so it was a learning curve.

9 hours ago, Alex Brecher said:

Thanks for this, me and the doc talk through all of these items.

eating slow is the one im still working on.

Here are some tips that might help you manage this change:

1. Listen to your body: Pay attention to the signals your body is sending you, such as hunger and fullness cues.
  2. Eat slowly: Chew your food well and take small bites to allow your brain to catch up with your stomach.
  3. Stop eating when you're full: Don't try to eat more just because you're used to feeling full in the past.
  4. Avoid high-volume, low-nutrient foods: Foods that are high in sugar or empty calories can be tempting, but they won't fill you up and may contribute to overeating.
  5. Drink Water regularly: Staying hydrated can help you feel full and prevent overeating.
  6. Keep a food journal: Writing down what you eat and when you eat it can help you identify patterns and prevent overeating.

Remember, everyone's journey is different, and it may take some time to adjust to the changes in your body. Be patient with yourself and stay focused on your goals.