Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m thinking that person would do well with a little mental health counseling so I don’t know what else to say other than I will pray for him

I think you are trying very hard to invoke an emotional response. I will walk away from this now. I was being sincere in suggesting it because you said you are devastated in your OP. I am so sorry you took it as an attack. Best of luck.

I had the gastric sleeve 4 yrs ago. I developed real bad Gerd. My surgeon said to do the revision to the gastric bypass. I’m 6 weeks post op and down only 25 pounds and my surgeon says I probably won’t loose much more because it’s a revision. I’m devastated why didn’t they tell me before I did the revision. Has anyone lost significant weight after a revision?

In defense of the surgeons, I think one of the reasons doctors either don't tell you (some warn you of minimal weightloss) that a revision due to gerd often results in minimal weightloss is because to them, it isn't about the weight to them, it is to fix your gerd. You can't live a quality life suffering from severe gerd day in and day out. I couldn't sleep at night and during the day towards the end, I had to have food constantly in my stomach or the knawing feeling in my stomach would never go away, and my throat literally burned all day no matter what. It was miserable.

Yes but at least tell me so I can make that decision for myself is all I’m saying. Telling me after having major fricking surgery plus having a heart attack during and complications I am ver upset.

35 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I think one of the reasons doctors either don't tell you (some warn you of minimal weightloss) that a revision due to gerd often results in minimal weightloss is because to them, it isn't about the weight to them, it is to fix your gerd.

This. At least most likely.

I can remember when I got my revision (MGB to RNY) I asked if there would be changes in weight, i. e. I wanted to know if it would be more difficult to maintain the weight after revision or not. I doubt that the surgeon would have mentioned the weight thing if I hadn't specifically asked about it. For them it was fixing the reflux and repairing the hiatal hernia.

Edited by summerset

This. At least most likely.
I can remember when I got my revision (MGB to RNY) I asked if there would be changes in weight, i. e. I wanted to know if it would be more difficult to maintain the weight after revision or not. I doubt that the surgeon would have mentioned the weight thing if I hadn't specifically asked about it. For them it was fixing the reflux and repairing the hiatal hernia.
Yup. I asked about it too and that is when he said maybe 20 lbs. Luckily, he was wrong in my case, but it is an individual thing, I think. It may be because just living gerd free has drastically help me stay on plan. I no longer had to have food in my stomach in a desperate attempt to control acid levels.

It’s still a Gastric Bypass tho. A person would automatically think you would loose weight..they need to be more specific. Thank you for your opinion very much

It’s still a Gastric Bypass tho. A person would automatically think you would loose weight..they need to be more specific. Thank you for your opinion very much

I things are better for you! How are you feeling, and do you think the revision was worth it?

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I had the gastric sleeve in 2013 and lost 110 lbs. I didn't fix what was wrong in my head that made me overeat. I've gained 75 lbs back. I'm so disappointed in myself. I have since worked on my issues. I am having trouble losing any weight on my own though. I am thinking of a revision to the sleeve or a lap band. Has anyone been in my position and had either the revision or lap band and lost again? Will insurance cover it? I have Anthem. Any advice would be welcome.

Edited by shewolf143

Mgoos1...apparently not many people read this site...I only got 1 response and I know there are many out there that have done revision surgery.