Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein shake recommendations

I believe they all have some type of artificial sweeteners. You might have to make your own with unflavored Protein.

Or, if you know exactly which sweetener gives you headaches, you could avoid that particular one.

Good luck.

I believe they all have some type of artificial sweeteners. You might have to make your own with unflavored Protein.
Or, if you know exactly which sweetener gives you headaches, you could avoid that particular one.
Good luck.

Thank you! I find that I can tolerate Monk Fruit, stevia leaf and erythritol (not sure if we can use this) but not acesulfame-k and aspartame.Sucralose is questionable for my body as well. Unfortunately thats the majority of Protein Shakes.

Making my own shakes may have to be my alternative.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

My wife also gets Migraines from artificial sweeteners. It is always aspartame and Sucralose but she doesn't like the taste any of them.

I don't prefer them either but they don't effect me physically.

Good luck, I wish I had motivation to make my own shakes. haha

Agree with @kcuster83, just about all flavored powders, shakes, and drinks have artificial sweeteners in them. I'd recommend using an unflavored powder and adding it to things and/or making your own shakes. I'm not aware of a plant based flavorless powder, though I'm sure they exist. I used Isopure.

Edited by Sleeve_Me_Alone

This brand in my hands down favorite. I can 't stomach a lot of them, but this one is good. I use a lot of their prodicts.

https://1stphorm.com/collections/protein/products/level-1?return_url=%2Faccount&variant=31157418131542

Agree with [mention=415617]kcuster83[/mention], just about all flavored powders, shakes, and drinks have artificial sweeteners in them. I'd recommend using an unflavored powder and adding it to things and/or making your own shakes. I'm not aware of a plant based flavorless powder, though I'm sure they exist. I used Isopure.< br>
I have heard a lot about Isopure and will look into this. Thanks!

My wife also gets Migraines from artificial sweeteners. It is always aspartame and Sucralose but she doesn't like the taste any of them.
I don't prefer them either but they don't effect me physically.
Good luck, I wish I had motivation to make my own shakes. haha
I can sympathize with your wife. The migraines just aren't worth it to me. I'm not quite sure if I will have the motivation to make them everyday myself. Haha I will look for other alternatives. Thanks and stay well!

The BariatricPal Store carries a huge selection of Bariatric-friendly Protein drinks at https://store.bariatricpal.com/collections/protein-powders.

Here are some popular options:

Wow thank you!! I am still looking at all of the link provided. This is a great start. Thank again!!

On 11/23/2022 at 5:07 AM, LMorales said:

I don't like Premier Protein shakes and they give me headaches. The artificial sweetners in a lot of low sugar Protein Shakes give me headaches.

Any recommendations for Protein shakes? Plant based prefered. Thanks!

I know it is quite a bit later for this answer but I just spoke with my dietician about this same thing. She suggested Orgain and Naked whey for Protein sources that do not have sucralose (I figured out I am sensitive to it). Orgain uses erythritol and stevia. Naked whey has actual cane sugar, so might want to double check if it fits your program.

On 11/23/2022 at 5:07 AM, LMorales said:

I don't like Premier Protein shakes and they give me headaches. The artificial sweetners in a lot of low sugar Protein Shakes give me headaches.

Any recommendations for Protein shakes? Plant based prefered. Thanks!

I like the Ensure Max Protein Shakes the Creamy strawberry is so good, I did try the chocolate Ensure drink and didn't care for it

I have lactose intolerance so I use OWYN plant based shakes. I found them the cheapest at BJs. Others on here pointed me toward Fairlife milk which is ultra processed, so higher in Protein. They might make shakes, but I’m happy with the milk. Sounds like you’ve a lot of tasting to do!