Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 3 weeks post op today and haven't experienced any real nausea the whole time. But yesterday and today I am having the WORST nausea all day. I wake up and it's instant. I had to leave work early because it's been so bad today. I took 2 Zofran and it worked for less than an hour before it came back. The worst part is my new stomach isn't capable of throwing up - just dry heaving spit. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow to check it out. My question is has anyone developed nausea out of the blue? It's been hard to stay on top of eating and drinking when my stomach is flip-flopping all day 🤢

I had nausea from the beginning; tell your doc. (Mine said it was hormones, like when you are pregnant) Either way, tell him. There are several nausea pills (prescription) that he can give you.

41 minutes ago, oldandtired said:

I had nausea from the beginning; tell your doc. (Mine said it was hormones, like when you are pregnant) Either way, tell him. There are several nausea pills (prescription) that he can give you.

I called the office and am waiting for the nurse practitioner to call back, hopefully she can send something stronger to the pharmacy because I'm really having a hard time

Update: she said to take the Zofran more frequently and if I don't feel better tomorrow we can try an IV Fluid treatment in office 😕

Edited by raspberrylime

7 hours ago, raspberrylime said:

I am 3 weeks post op today and haven't experienced any real nausea the whole time. But yesterday and today I am having the WORST nausea all day. I wake up and it's instant. I had to leave work early because it's been so bad today. I took 2 Zofran and it worked for less than an hour before it came back. The worst part is my new stomach isn't capable of throwing up - just dry heaving spit. I have a doctor appointment tomorrow to check it out. My question is has anyone developed nausea out of the blue? It's been hard to stay on top of eating and drinking when my stomach is flip-flopping all day 🤢

I've developed hunger that's coming across as nausea. It happens about an hour after I drink a Protein Shake. If I eat a little cottage cheese, the nausea goes away. My body is definitely wanting food, now.

The Iron in your Multivitamin can cause terrible nausea too, I was better when I changed to one without iron. I have had my bloods done and I was not lacking in anything