Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just got my invite to my cousins annual cookie day. I didn’t go last year because of COVID but this year I’m a little anxious about it. Everyone brings the recipe and ingredients for whatever they want to make. As long as I bring an healthy snack I will be able to resist them while I am there but of course at the end of the day there are SOOOOO many Cookies and everyone pressures you to take some. I was thinking maybe I would just go and help and not make anything for myself so if I took one or two of the others it wasn’t too bad But, if I could find a descent recipe that’s not too difficult It may be fun to try it. Does anyone have any good cookie recipes that are lower calorie and carb. I am in maintenance.

Are high Protein, sugar free bars classed as Cookies? You could make these for yourself and have no guilt. The ones that I make are made of dates, Peanut Butter, oats and protein granola. Very good for food on the go

6 hours ago, summerseeker said:

Are high Protein, sugar free bars classed as Cookies? You could make these for yourself and have no guilt. The ones that I make are made of dates, Peanut Butter, oats and Protein granola. Very good for food on the go

This is defiantly something to consider. Do you have a link to the recipe for the measurements? I am not really sure if I like dates is the only thing. I guess I won’t know till I try them.

I know this is a little wasteful, but I let them send me home with stuff and I throw it away. Or if I can, I bring it to work or my partners work for the staff. Honestly though, I do throw away stuff and I don’t feel bad about it especially if it’s a trigger food for me. I don’t want to explain myself to people and I also don’t want to seem rude.

11 hours ago, JustSlick said:

I know this is a little wasteful, but I let them send me home with stuff and I throw it away. Or if I can, I bring it to work or my partners work for the staff. Honestly though, I do throw away stuff and I don’t feel bad about it especially if it’s a trigger food for me. I don’t want to explain myself to people and I also don’t want to seem rude.

Yea I think I may end up doing that. I did it on thanksgiving. I wanted a slice of apple pie but couldn’t find just one slice so I had to buy a whole pie. I ate one slice and tossed the rest. I felt a little bad being wasteful but no one else likes it and I knew if I had it here even until Monday (when my husband could bring it to work) there was a chance I would break down and eat more and I didn’t want to. I don’t like to waste like that and I don’t make a habit of it but sometimes you have to and I try not to feel bad.

Okay so one year I made oatmeal chocolate chip Cookies at cookie day and when I suggested making the healthier cookies this year (sugar free choc chip made with almond flour) they reminded me how much everyone liked the others and it was a very hard sell. Apparently I am making those at cookie day. I am just going to bring myself a nice grilled chicken salad for lunch and some healthy sweet Snacks for anyone interested (I’m sure just me cause they are all naturally tiny even if they eat terrible so I’m sure I wouldn’t eat fruit over cookies either, lol) and I will take a few cookies home to give or throw away. I even bought a cute little cookie box so the few I take look nice and I don’t have to waste a lot.

there are lots of yummy Keto cookie recipes out there! might introduce people to a healthy alternative treat

59 minutes ago, KimA-GA said:

there are lots of yummy Keto cookie recipes out there! might introduce people to a healthy alternative treat

Yea I suggested making some and they politely steered me in another direction. Lol. That’s okay I will make whatever and just not eat them I guess.

3 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Yea I suggested making some and they politely steered me in another direction. Lol. That’s okay I will make whatever and just not eat them I guess.

some of the Keto stuff tastes amazing … i haven’t made actual Cookies yet…. one tip: get lilys brand Sugar Free Chocolate chips they are great !!!

2 hours ago, KimA-GA said:

some of the Keto stuff tastes amazing … i haven’t made actual Cookies yet…. one tip: get lilys brand Sugar Free Chocolate chips they are great !!!

I thought the Hershey ones were good too. I have made Keto brownies and they weren’t bad at all. Never Cookies but I will for me. Especially after seeing all those cookies and not being able to eat them. Lol

Edited by ShoppGirl