Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I’m 4 weeks post op and I have been nauseous since I had my surgery. It’s too the point I can’t eat or drink. Water makes me the most nauseous with or without crystal light. It feels like the water gets stuck. My surgeon did an ultrasound last week and said I need my gallbladder removed. I’m hoping this fixes the nausea. Anyone else had these symptoms ?

I’m 4 weeks post op and I have been nauseous since I had my surgery. It’s too the point I can’t eat or drink. Water makes me the most nauseous with or without crystal light. It feels like the Water gets stuck. My surgeon did an ultrasound last week and said I need my gallbladder removed. I’m hoping this fixes the nausea. Anyone else had these symptoms ?

One of my friends who had sleeve surgery years ago had the same symptoms( she's here and read with me because I was showing her this app lol) but she had that issue about 2 months after her surgery and they took out her gallbladder and she said with in 2 weeks she felt 100x better, so she hopes it gos as well for you.... also her doc prescribed her a 3 day neasua patch (4pk) that she used to help her with her intake until her gallbladder surgery so maybe ask about that to help, and do not be afraid to ask for IV fluids to help, they can give you 2 bags at a time without having to worry about electrolyte dilution

Sent from my SM-G996U using BariatricPal mobile app

Water can seem heavy at times. Try a warm drink. I found warmer drinks (like herbal or green tea, Soups, broths, etc.) more soothing & easier to drink. And yes definitely try some anti nausea meds to tide you over until your surgery. Hope the surgery helps.

Edited by Arabesque

I’m kinda surprised your dr didn’t offer you some sort of anti nausea meds to help With your symptoms. Regardless, I would ask for something. Also know if you begin to get dehydrated the nausea may increase (may not but dehydration does cause nausea). As suggested, try all different fluids at all different temperatures and do your best but if you start to see any signs of dehydration (such as darker urine) contact your team and ask them if they can arrange for fluids. The NP at my clinic was able to arrange for me to get them as an out patient.

Edited by ShoppGirl

7 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

I’m kinda surprised your dr didn’t offer you some sort of anti nausea meds to help With your symptoms. Regardless, I would ask for something. Also know if you begin to get dehydrated the nausea may increase (may not but dehydration does cause nausea). As suggested, try all different fluids at all different temperatures and do your best but if you start to see any signs of dehydration (such as darker urine) contact your team and ask them if they can arrange for fluids. The NP at my clinic was able to arrange for me to get them as an out patient.

I’m on nausea meds. I also went in for fluids about a week ago. Nothing helps so I guess that why he feels it’s my gallbladder. Not sure I just want some relief.