Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Waiting for Approval

What am I talking about I probably will be the same as you february if approved anytime soon....maybe even after...who knows..

ok so I couldn't wait ......

I called them hey....it has been over 7 days.....

So the customer rep promised to call me back....after she has her manager contact the precert rep handling paperwork to check for status response.

so she called me back...no news yet....apparently the cert rep handling my paperwork decided to be out for the holidays with her family...........

:omg:.......no not allowed!!....just kidding!!!!

Guess I will have to drag the unknown until next week!!!!...

(sight)(taking deep breath)...;)

Apparently being approved doesn't help much. My docs office won't even schedule the pre-op class in the end of Jan. until they have the paperwork in hand and it hasn't come yet.:faint:I am so frustrated, and 600 miles from my mailbox. ;)

I am so afraid that I will be pushed further back and have to wait until summer because work it too busy for me to take time off. :cry

Happy New Year!

When they want you to get in when the approval is received they find you a day. I was bumped from January 21st. I complained and miraculously they found December 31st.

Congrats StLouisGal! What an awesome Christmas gift....to receive word of approval around the holiday. You go girl!!!! It's been 1 week & 1 day since my appointment & I'm getting antsy already!! 4jin....I sure hope you get word soon! I'm just so nervous :guess that 39.7 BMI is not good enough for approval! Argh:rolleyes I hope everyone has a safe, happy, healthy New Year. With any luck it'll be a LOSING year :heh:

Good luck to you on your upcoming procedure! :clap2: Has it been hard for you these 2 weeks beforehand? How are you feeling?

Gosh, you're blessed to have it just around the corner! Good Luck! :whoo:

Thanks, O2BThinAgain. I know that the time will fly but I want it done yesterday. Did I mention that patience is not one of my virtues.;)

I hope the surgeon doesn't think of some other tests he wants done to delay if further. I guess it will come when it comes. :cry

I hope you are correct Chrisann. They are telling me that my doc has open surgery dates in Jan but can't schedule until after pre-op class. (Jan 30). I am going to try to lose some weight in Jan before the class to hopefully avoid the pre-op diet thing.:Banane34: Waiting two weeks so I can complete an arbitrary diet would not please me. I'm going to do it before. The worst that can happen is I'll lose some weight that will never come back. I'm already approved so they can't take that away.:whoo:

Y'all take care!;)

I had to wait for 8 month for approval BCBS said that even with co-morbidityproblems I needed to be on diet with doctor for 12 months, but thank god I became eligible for Medicare and they approved, now just waiting for all the doctor's clearances to proceed on Jan 31

I feel like I am going to go insane with this waiting. I just called my insurance, for the 3rd time. When I called last time they told me I should have an answer by the first part of last week, but because of the Christmas holidays, I figured it would not happen. So I called today... and they told me by the end of this week, I should know something.:cry I am supposed to start the liquid diet on the 7th if I can have surgery on the 21st like scheduled.... So I guess if there still isn't an answer by Friday, I will start the liquids in the hopes that approval comes .... Or is that crazy to hope that I can still hold on to that surgery date of the 21st? :nervous ~Amy

I know how hard it is to wait but focus on your pre-op diet and do what is in your control to do. The approval will come and you will that much further ahead when it does. Remember how far you have come to this point!

Amy I am so sorry it has to be so difficult.. that is exactly what I have ran into the hurry up and wait .. It is very unnerving but it will all be worth it in the end, just think what we will gain in the long run.. ((hugz)) to you and keep your chin up good things are going to happen for you in 2008

Cathy

Took Cigna 6 weeks to approve me after they got the 75-page fax from the surgeons office. I'm finally getting the surgery on Jan 16th '08.

*Joanna* Congrats!! What a wonderful way to start off the New Year

~Good Luck 2 You~

Cathy

Congrats Joanna240...

good luck....!!!

Meanwhile...the rest of us...wait...patiently looking at the clock and the calendar moving...