Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pain at 3 weeks post op

I’m 3 weeks post op and everything as far as eating and drinking is going great. However, I still have significant pain around my left and right lower abdomen. Right around my 2 bigger incision sites. Like when I stand from sitting or when I bend over. It’s very painful & sleeping on my side is still a no go. Is this normal? I’m sure I’m still swollen in there but it almost seems just as bad as my first day. Just wondering if I should bring it up to my doctor or give it more time.

Edited by Cpach81

Omg! Same here! However, I am only one week post op. The pain is such I came looking for answers to see if this was common.

I was wore at my larger incisions for a while too but I wouldn't call it "pain". I really can't remember how long it lasted but I don't think you should have pain. I would probably reach out to your surgeon just for some piece of mind.

Definitely bring it up to your doctor! 3 weeks is a long time to still be in that much pain!

I have to agree with asking your doctor or a nurse (our program has a nurse call in line, which is why I said nurse, too).

I had a bit of pain longer than most, like in the 2nd to 3rd week after surgery, but mine was because they repaired a hernia during my surgery, too.

I agree it can’t hurt to run it by your team. It should be getting a little better day by day. To feel the same as day one at three weeks out I would make sure to tell them that.

Edited by ShoppGirl

I’m at 10 days post op and still have some pain. Tonight was the first night I was able to sleep on my side but it could have been because I took a couple Tylenol before bed because I was on my feet too much today helping my daughter. I think I would be surprised if I still had pain 3 month out.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 4 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

4. AmberFL

How are you doing? any update?!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches