Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello I had mine October 3rd 2022

We are both in our mid 50's and have had issues with blood pressure and other health negatives. Didn't have the energy to do a whole lot especially with the grandbabies(13 of them). I weighed in at 298 and my wife 265 and had spoken with a doctor about the sleeve surgery. So after several months of testing and pre-diet her packet hit the office first so she went first. I had mine 3wks after hers. We were lucky that my wife works for the hospital and have a team to fall back on and we were fed up with diet regimens and pills that weren't working. I almost backed out after I had lost 20lbs in the pre-diet phase but I knew If i had gotten it done I would've fallen back into the bad foods.

So here we are and its now been nearly a month and a half for me 2 for her. Im at 229, shes at 219. We have allot more energy, we dont obsess over food as we once did and are full faster. The Dr didnt lie about that part. lol. My older daughters don't hardly recognize me from my jolly Santa look I had when i laughed(like a bowl full..you get it). Its hard not to promote the surgery for others when the health benefits this has given us. I would recommend If you are deciding on this to do your homework. Don't run for the border without consulting a local physician. Support is Very important. And Plan to Plan out everything you want to eat. there are great substitutions.

Nearly 1mth update. Still eating correct foods and feeling better every day. Sept 11th I weighed in at 229. Today I weigh 217. I sure dont miss the bigger me. Most folks looked at me before and thought, " He could move a refrigerator!". Now they look and wonder if I hurt myself opening the door to one. lol.

I get asked about any flab from fast weight loss since i was so close to 300lbs. Well I walk alot and do daily stretches. I am actually more tone than i have ever been. I was concerned with it myself at first but the dr assured me skin can still recover with elasticity. But you have to do the work.

I'd gladly help anyone with the prediet I did before the surgery . I managed to lose before I even under went the knife. I have the info scanned and will share with anyone. :)

bigme.png

310533771_628452365579147_8647436755008832792_n.png

Edited by Bnimble

Looking great!

Could you share your pre-diet with the group?