Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today I’m starting my first day of week 3 post op (2nd week of purées). I had hoped by today I would have achieved one of my specific mini goals. I was hoping to end the month under 300 lbs. Seeing that “2” in front of my weight for the first time in nearly 20 yrs. was something have have dreamed about but always fell short of since crossing that 300 point. The closest I got to that on my own was 309.

Started out strong loosing about 23 lbs my first week, only to hit a big stall during my second week. I was struggling on purées to hit my Water, Protein and calorie goals. I won’t lie, I was prepared for a stall week 3 - but not week 2. It was so frustrating hovering right at the mark 300 on the scales, but I refused to let myself get discouraged and focused how far I had come so far!!

This morning I hopped on the scales and low and behold I had movement and I’m solidly under 300!!! It may only be just barely, but I’m at 298 and that feels soooooooooo good! There is nothing quite as motivating as hitting goals and making progress… even small goals.

June 2021 - my heaviest was 382. I lost 50 pounds leading up to my pre op liquid diet. Another 10 pounds was lost on the liver shrining diet. Today I am 16 pounds away from having lost 100 pounds! I can’t even believe I am saying that!!! That seems attainably close for the first time ever (to loose 100 pounds!).

I have a long way to go. My final goal is less of a number and more of a feeling of being healthy - what feels right … but I’m more motivated than ever to tick off these mini goals one at a time and get to maintenance.

Well done!

My first mini goal was to get under 100 kilos (220 pounds) and I thought I might get there this week. Unfortunately, I gained some weight yesterday, and today I'm still somewhat heavier than I was two days ago, so I don't think it's going to happen this week.

It's great to be able to see progress. I too, have a long way to go, and sometimes I'm afraid I will never get there.

08/31/2022 10:29 AM, Sunnyer said:

Well done!

My first mini goal was to get under 100 kilos (220 pounds) and I thought I might get there this week. Unfortunately, I gained some weight yesterday, and today I'm still somewhat heavier than I was two days ago, so I don't think it's going to happen this week.

It's great to be able to see progress. I too, have a long way to go, and sometimes I'm afraid I will never get there.

Thank you! I’m dreading hitting that first fluctuation where I gain (the stall is bad enough) but I know it will happen - be it my hormones or transitioning food phases or whatever, but I’m trying to remember someone on the boards description of this journey being a jagged line with ups, plateaus and downs - more so than a straight line. Somehow that brings me some comfort to know that’s normal. Congratulations on the progress you made so far… please update when you hit that mini goal I can’t wait to help cheer you on to the next one!! One goal at a time - have faith - we will get there! ;)

Congratulations. Their really should be a clever little term for getting into the two hundreds.

On 08/31/2022 at 10:44, ShoppGirl said:

Congratulations. Their really should be a clever little term for getting into the two hundreds.

Thanks - I agree!