Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Don't forget to be happy!

I was just thinking how easy it is to lose sight of the joy of weight-loss in the midst of the battle to lose it. I don’t want to forget the elation … the joy that I felt as I put my size 24’s away. I don’t want to get so caught up in the battle that I forget to enjoy the potential for happiness in each stage of weight-loss. Wouldn’t it be a shame if in the Quest for a size 12 that size 16 was totally unappreciated? When I worked in an obgyn clinic… I would weight beautiful women of all different sizes… all day long. None of them were happy with their weight… none. I hope that we can all appreciate our individual beauty at every stage of weight-loss and that we can enjoy each and every minute of our journey.

I’ve been obsessing about STILL being over 200 lbs instead of enjoying that I am ALMOST under 200 lbs… and it hit me like a ton of brick… Darcy… enjoy 201 just as if it were your ultimate goal instead of thinking night and day about 199.

When I jump on the scale Tuesday at my annual/girl thang appointment … the nurse is going to think that I’m insane because I am going to be happy with my weight even if the numbers are still over 200 because I worked hard for those numbers!

Amen Sister. This is a sentiment that's too easy to put aside in our fast paced goal driven world.

I'm gonna take a moment and bask in the glow of what I have. Thank you for the wake up call.

I’ve been obsessing about STILL being over 200 lbs instead of enjoying that I am ALMOST under 200 lbs… and it hit me like a ton of brick… Darcy… enjoy 201 just as if it were your ultimate goal instead of thinking night and day about 199.

I am right there with you. Everytime I have a BM I think I need to weigh - thinking Ive voided enough to finally get below 200... ridiculous, I know!

This phrase goes right along with what you are saying, "I may not be where I should be, but I Thank God that Im not where I used to be!"

How true!!! But when am I going to realize this???

Darcy You are so right and this is such a good out look to have. I hope I can have that same out look. I'm feeling pretty crumy about my weight right now. I guess its the pre - band BLUES. I hope after I start losing that the same out look you have will fall on me. You are my inspiration of the day ! Thanks

AMEN, Darcy, sister!! You have said what I remind myself every single day when I get on that scale and the number starts with a 2 instead of a 3. I was trapped in three-ville for over ten years so every day is a blessing when I get to move that big weight to the 2!!!

Thanks for saying it, it bears repeating for all of us.

Darcy this is a wonderfull wake up call as others have said.. thanks from me also for posting it.

Now if you would have just called me tonight at 10:00pm for another wake up call I won't have been late for work...lol. oh well they'll get over it.

Darcy, that is what I needed to hear. THANK YOU! I am at 205 and fluctuate around that number for the past month or so. I tried some size 16 pants on yesterday and felt disgusted with myself cause they were still a little tight. But they were not my 22s or 24s that I was in not long ago.I am going to try to enjoy my weight loss even though is is going very slow. Thanks for that great reminder...Janie ;)

My hubby has been reminding me how far I've come because I've been so down about where I think I should be... and then I read a post on another site that turned a little light on in my own head. Here was this vibrant... beautiful woman... she had lost so much weight and looked terrific but was so focused on her goal that the joy of what she had already accomplished was lost. I just made me sad and gave me a glimpse into a place that I don't want to visit. It is easy to think that losing the weight will make us all happy... but there are so many things that will make happiness a reality that are totally unrelated to the numbers on the scale.

Look ate how lucky I am... I have met oodles of wonderful people on this journey... I can walk without my joints crying out and without stopping to catch my breath... I don't have to shop in the plus sized stores anymore... my husband can put his arms all of the way around me... I can take a bath without either side of my butt hitting the sides of the tub... I can laugh without leaking... I can wear my wedding ring... the list goes on and on... what's not to be happy about???

Right On Darcy!!!! Thanks for reminding me of the not-so-small results of loosing weight. I'm seeing some of them already. And thanks for reminding me to remember my joy. It is always there - I just have to REMEMBER it!!

Thanks Darcy, this has been on my mind lately. A need to "be here now." I find that I don't think about what I am currently doing, but focus on what else needs to be done, or wants to be done. If I cannot focus on what I am currently doing, how can I be happy there?

Since I discovered that the scales lie, I haven't really paid much attention to what they tell me, consequently, I have not listened to the scales when they told me the truth either. *sigh*

I have discovered during this journey of discovery that I am currently on that I have been guilty of gulping my food in hurry to get to the next... what ever. Since I have started to seriously masticate, I find I am more focused on my food, as opposed to what was on my computer screen, or TV screen or book. I think if I concentrate more on what I am eating, if I actually pay attention to what I am eating, my head hunger hunger might be satisfied sooner.