Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How's it going PO peeps?

I wanted to give an update since I'm almost a week past surgery. I've had my days of feeling like I'd made a huge mistake. I've had to have IV infusion of Fluid already and I've had other issues that have made me highly emotional. I can't say I won't have a few more emotional days or that I won't have any more issues but I'm feeling like I might be ok. I think I probably had a dumping episode and that scares me because I think I drank too much Protein Drink at one half hour sitting (6 oz). I suddenly had diarrhea and didn't make it to the toilet before it started. I pray that this is not going to be a normal thing cuz I won't accept that but I feel like If I really only take in 2-4 ounces within 1/2 hour I should be ok. Other than this, I feel very hopeful. My pain meds are 2 Tylenol occasionally. I've suddenly developed high blood pressure but I'm sure that will resolve when pain and concern are resolved. I do have a new prescription for HBP though I want to get off all meds. I'm starting to have cravings for hummus. Someone had a topic about hummus and now I want some. Bottom line, like I have read before...If anyone feels they made a mistake, hang in there, trust the process. Change up what you bought too much of or order a different source of Protein (I can't do shakes all the time so I ordered Soups and warm drinks like pumpkin Spiced Latte from Bariatric Pal Store). This will get better and you won't feel shaky and weak. You will have energy and want to do more than sleep until its over. I'm looking forward to next week when I can actually have some hummus.

dumping can happen with sleevers, but it's uncommon. I suspect you've either become lactose intolerant (which is common after surgery - and often temporary), or it's the artificial sweetener in the Protein Shake that set that off, which is also common.

Glad you are starting to feel better mentally!

It really doesn't sound like dumping to me although I have never had it, it doesn't sound like what I was told in my class. I guess it could be different for everyone though.

I had bad diarrhea for about the first week or so after surgery too. I don't know what it was from because it was random but it passed.

I understand about the hummus thing, because I used to be ALL about sweets, and now all I want is sour/tangy. Tomato Soup is my new best friend.. 🤤

Day 7 po and I'm honestly feeling great! No real pain issues outside of the expected soreness from internal and external incisions. I've not had any issues so far in meeting my Water intake, thankfully. I actually went to the grocery store by myself yesterday for a short trip to buy ingredients for Soup. No issues at all! I made soup, and a big mess, and cleaned it up afterwards, putting away the dishes from.the dishwasher and washing the dirty dishes. Even vacuumed the kitchen (we have a lightweight stick). After all was said and done I quickly fell asleep in the recliner for about 90 minutes or so LOL! I have been taking the BariatricPal Multivitamin, which is SO much easier than the other forms, plus I take additional Thiamin, B12, and C. Haven't been able to take the Calcium yet because they are just too big, but I purchased some Bariatric Advantage chews that will hopefully come on a day or two. I've already lost 13 lbs since surgery; this morning I weighed in at 245.6, and my goal weight is 175. It is in sight and have zero regrets!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

13 minutes ago, HealthierMe2022 said:

Day 7 po and I'm honestly feeling great! No real pain issues outside of the expected soreness from internal and external incisions. I've not had any issues so far in meeting my Water intake, thankfully. I actually went to the grocery store by myself yesterday for a short trip to buy ingredients for Soup. No issues at all! I made Soup, and a big mess, and cleaned it up afterwards, putting away the dishes from.the dishwasher and washing the dirty dishes. Even vacuumed the kitchen (we have a lightweight stick). After all was said and done I quickly fell asleep in the recliner for about 90 minutes or so LOL! I have been taking the BariatricPal Multivitamin, which is SO much easier than the other forms, plus I take additional Thiamin, B12, and C. Haven't been able to take the Calcium yet because they are just too big, but I purchased some Bariatric Advantage chews that will hopefully come on a day or two. I've already lost 13 lbs since surgery; this morning I weighed in at 245.6, and my goal weight is 175. It is in sight and have zero regrets!

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats on your smooth recovery so far!

PS: Those Bariatric Advantage chews are disgusting. Actually, i tried muleiple brands. They are are unbearable, for me anyway. I know some people like the Bariatric Fusion brand. They were the best of the worse for me. I still couldn't stomach them daily. Luckily I was cleared for pills and large capsules at 2 weeks.

Good luck, I hope you find something you like.

I'm sorry that you weren't feeling well. The first week or 2 are the worst. Tomorrow will be a month from my surgery date and I am feeling great . The first 2 weeks were hard. i could barely take in 24 oz of Water a day. I do get heartburn now which is strange to me because I have never in my life had heartburn before now. I get it a minimum of twice a day now. Luckily I am prescribed an acid reducer and that usually seems to help. Things are so much better now. I am still on the puree phase of the diet, which is a little infuriating when I am cooking for the family and cant have any and I am still struggling trying to get my fluids in as well. But I do get the importance of treating my healing body better and, like everyone, I am doing my best.