Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

so I’m about 5 weeks post opp and I have lost about 35lbs and I have stalled for the last week and a half.

I just feel like I’m failing :( I feel like what if I don’t lose anymore? Was it all worth nothing?

I’m wondering if anyone else ever felt these emotions I am a super emotional person but losing weight has been so amazing and it would make me so sad if you know this is it… I’m not sure how to totally explain it I just don’t feel so hot.

I know stalls are normal but what If I’m doing something wrong? You know? I’m just scared.

Congratulations on your success. And grand success it is. I'd wager most folks here would have killed to lose 35 pound the first month.

OK, here is what you're doing wrong: You're letting a stupid number on a scale mess with your emotions. scales are the work of the devil and they lie, lie, lie. You are doing great, stalls are normal. Get rid of your scale.

So Celebrate doing great, then celebrate getting rid of the scale.

Good luck,

Tek

most of us experience our first major stall within the first month or so after surgery. We call it the "three week stall" since it's often the third week post-op, but not always. Mine was weeks 2 and 3. And no, your body isn't done. I'd lost about 10 lbs by the time I hit my first stall, and I ended up 20 months later down over 200 lbs.

if you stick to your plan, the stall will break and you'll be on your way again. If it's getting to your head too much, then stay off the scale for a few days. The stall typically lasts 1-3 weeks.

Edited by catwoman7

Everything that @The Greater Fool & @catwoman7 said. You’re not failing. It’s something we all experience. Don’t let your worth or feelings of success be dependent upon the number on the scales. That thinking will lead to you sabotaging your success. Your weight loss will never be a consistent straight line. It goes up & down all the time. Our bodies naturally fluctuate (hormonal changes, Fluid retention, Constipation, diarrhoea, less intake today & a little more tomorrow, activity variations, etc.) & while losing weight, our body experiences periods of stress. It reacts to the stress of the weight loss by stalling. Basically, your body closes the door & hides under the covers for a little while until it’s ready to face the world again.

The stall will break when your body is ready & you’ll start losing again.

I don't have anything to add from what has already been covered above, but did want to say if you've lost 35lb since surgery you are doing exceptionally well for your start weight all ready. And even if not since surgery you are still doing great!

Everyone is 100% right! You are doing great! I just came out of my first stall so I can totally empathize with feeling like you're failing. Like everyone said, stay the course- this will end and you'll get back to losing weight. You're body just needs to restart. Stay as far away from the scale as you can for the next week or 2.

Thank you guys I appreciate you all SO much I just feel like I’m going crazy!

F the scale lol