Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Much less pain after 1 week mark

I wrote a few days ago with sharp and significant pain in my largest incision. And I’m checking back in here to happily say that my pain went down dramatically last night into this morning. I’m still sore, but when I went to sit up late last night, I was surprised and very happy that it was MUCH less painful than it had been before, and that has continued throughout the day today. I’m just taking Tylenol now, and drove to the store today and finally got out of the house on my own, and it was great. I finally feel like I’ve turned the corner. The week-mark really was the turning point for me.

That’s great to hear.

Thanks for letting us know the good news. It helps others too. I hope the rest of your journey goes smoothly

So glad to hear you're feeling better!

The body is amazing at healing itself. Considering the serious wounds this surgery inflicts, a week is an extraordinarily short amount of time! Glad you're much more comfortable now.

Very good to hear you're feeling better! Just remember you've had major surgery and even though your feeling on the mend 1 week out is not the time to push your limits. Still take it easy for 2-3 more weeks minimum.

So glad I ran across your post. I'm 5 days post-op and the pain from my large incision became unbearable today. I texted my doc and he said it takes time and to take the liquid motrin but I was pretty alarmed by the pain. Everything looks good on the incisions so hopefully I'll be over it soon.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

So glad I ran across your post. I'm 5 days post-op and the pain from my large incision became unbearable today. I texted my doc and he said it takes time and to take the liquid motrin but I was pretty alarmed by the pain. Everything looks good on the incisions so hopefully I'll be over it soon.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi, I'm now 5 days post-op. First 3 days were ok but my large incision started feeling horrible after the 3rd day. If I lay a certain way I don't feel it at all but once I get up or start walking around it's such a painful pull. Was wondering how long it took for your pain to go away. Surgeon said same thing. Will get better with time but it's been a couple day an no relief. Just seeing how long this pain is for other people.

Sent from my SM-G975U using BariatricPal mobile app