Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

band cut my stomach open too tight

Did they explain how your band was "too tight" for "too long"? You have only been banded for 3 months. Did you have a fill already? If so, how much of a fill was it? I am very sorry for your trouble and I hope all is resolved soon. The feeding tube and being off work for 6 months does sound a bit extreme, but I suppose it is best to err on the side of caution. Best of health to you.

Wow! Some story. And thank you so much for posting it.

Keeps us bandsters in check that pain besides normal healing...is NOT normal and could be indicative of a problem with serious consequences.

Not being able to eat much... as long as it's normal is fine...but when it goes against the grain...it's not normal.

You know, I may be walking in your very shoes. I've been well resrticted for a few months and am 4 pounds away from my goal. IF I eat a bite and come back an hour later for another...things are fine. But more than a bite or two and I slime.

I go for an adjustment in a week or so...and then after that I plan on following up w/ a GI doc within a month or so after the adjustment. I want to ensure I didn't do any damage, either.

'Dying to be thin' should only be a saying...not reality.

Wow, that is a hard situation to be in. I hope and pray that you are able to recover from this soon. I am sure that your HMO will be able to find you a surgeon soon. The first thought I had was that you are so lucky that your stomach scarred over, rather than just leaking stomach contents into your abdomen. That would have been much worse. Please keep us posted. My hubby ( who also had the band ) and I will be praying for you.

Good luck. I believe this would qualify for emergency surgery, and with insurance it shouldn't matter where the initial injury occurred, you are entitled. Even an HMO can get someone in an emergency. Besides, if they would have approved you in the first place, you wouldn't have had to go somewhere and self pay. Keep us posted, and keep your chin up.

So Sorry to hear this. I am schedule for January banding, so I am paying attention! However the best physician for this procedure is Felix Speigle in Houston. (713) 790-0003

Praying for you and hope this helps

I'm so sorry to hear of your dilemma. I'm sure there will be a doctor who can help you through this. My thoughts are with you. Please keep us posted.

Oh how scary for you, I am so sorry to hear you have had such an ordeal. I will pray for a speedy recovery and do keep us posted. grouphug.gif

search for a member named DrWatkins. he posts on several threads. his information appears to be good - and its free. he has a web site - he only does lap band according to his site. its worth a try. like he always ends - i hope this helps....

OMG!

I am so sorry to hear what has happened to you. I will add you to my daily prayers right beside me. I am hoping to be banded in January 2008.

Please keep us updated on your health.

Wow! I am so sorry, this has happened. I know it all seems so overwhelming right now.. Try to take a deep breath and focus on it step by step...

I know you came on here for more info, but maybe you would find better info if you did a google search on Lap Band complications or Lap Band Erosion complications. You may stumble across some medical paper write ups that could guid you with more info then we have...

Hang in there. You are in my thoughts & prayers. You didn't deserve this at all. Life has a crappy way of inserting itself into our plans....