Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 08 Group Name

It seems that it has become a tradition for each month to give their group a name. There are those who are for it and those that could care less about it There has also been some contention because of a recent month's choice of name. Personally, I think by naming our month that it gives us more unity. Although we can feel united under "Jan. 08 Bandsters", it's nice to have unique name for our month.

With that being said, does anyone have any suggestions for naming our month? Hopefully we will be able to agree on a name that won't be problematic for anyone. Once we have a bunch of suggestions, I suppose we can post a poll and vote on it that way unless we can agree without it.

I agree it would be good to be "named". Have been having a think about it, then looked through the J section of the dictionary but didn't really get anything astonishingly brilliant come to mind. Anyway here is my offering:

January Jesters (or JJs)

Jolly January Jesters (or JJJs)

Jubilant January Jesters (or JJJs)

January Jewels

Hilary I like the January Jewels! Since we are all jewels in the rough right now. :scared:

I like all of the names. I was thinking of "Gifted Garnets" since we will all receive our biggest gift in January and the birthstone for most of January is the garnet. Keep the names coming.

Good ones all!

Here are a few possibilities--

New Year's Resolosers

Dump the W8 in 08!

January Gypsy Band(sters)

New Hope in the New Year

January Jump Starters

Wow, you guys are good! I'm liking January Jewels (JJs) too. What a good idea to look in the dictionary! I also like January Jump Starters, which could also be abbreviates JJs. New Year's Resolosers is good too.

I am leading towards the January Jewels and the New Years Resolosers. Don't like anything with Jolly in it, reminds of the Jolly Fat person jokes.

I like the January Jewels also....New Year's Resolosers is good too, but kind of a tongue twister. Chrisann I agree with you about the jolly thing. Makes me think of Christmas and jell-o! I am good with anything--keep us posted on the winner!

Ok I came up with some....

hope they don't sound corney!

1. January-Discovering Bandits

2. January-Magical Odyssey

3. January-Banded Voyagers

4. January-MetaMorphosis

Oh in addition to my suggestions I like the JJ's.....January Jewels

what's the gem stone for january any1 know?

I like January Jewels, too. Gifted garnets is great too.

destinedtobefree,

your process sounds like mine

informational seminar 11/15

1st consultation 11/28

psych appt 12/3

mandatory support meeting 12/5

preop testings 12/12

PCP letter 12/12

dietician 12/11

submitted to insurance 12/17/07....except I am just waiting for approval....

awesome!!!