Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had a gastric bypass about 7 weeks ago and while I am down 43 pounds so far I am a bit concerned. I have had a hunger feeling since the day after surgery, I was able to drink without issue post surgery. As my diet progressed I found I was able to tolerate all foods fine and eat and drink as I did prior to surgery without any of the signs and signals others had warned me about such as the foamies, the urge to vomit, nausea, clear full feeling etc. I force myself to stop eating at around 6 ounces of food but I do not feel satisfied after. Also I have found that I am craving sweets which I never really ate pre surgery. And as of this last week the scale stopped going down and I gained back 2.5 pounds while my diet and exercise have remained the same. I am feeling a bit discouraged that something is wrong with me or my surgery.

Not everyone loses their hunger. Most of us do, at least temporarily, but not everyone.

I was always able to drink and eat without issue. At first I thought they really didn't do the surgery!

if your diet & exercise has stayed the same, then that gain is likely due to Water retention or full intestines. Give it a couple of days.

Hello!

Congratulations on your fat loss. I'm 9 weeks out and a little hungry right now. That's ok. Nothing to worry about. If you're eating fewer calories than you're burning, which is almost certainly the cash, you're losing fat every second of the day. Don't worry about the scale - you want to lose fat, not weight, and the scale doesn't measure that.

I would talk to your surgeon but not worry. The dietitian told me it just happens sometimes. Turned out my body thought it was starving and reacted that way. I reluctantly ate a little more and the scale went down. It was counterintuitive. I’m now a year out and still get hungry. I just eat a lot healthier and it takes less to fill me up.

Omg! How bout I was thinking the samething here lately my appetite has picked up and I was like why am I experiencing hunger like this after the surgery. I’m 4 months almost 5 months out and just now experiencing being hungry. The difference between my hunger is pre surgery I could eat a whole lot, post surgery just a couple bites.

That's interesting how each person is different. Yeah, yours is slightly different from average, but I guess you'll have to adjust for that with your mental willpower. Good luck on your continued WLS journey.