Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Year Sleeve Anniversary!!

Lost 80 pounds in one year (March 2) Feels great, yet feel it should’ve been a lot more :( Started over 300. I can easily eat 1800 calories (is this normal?!). I see people that say they can’t eat more than 600-800 and that’s definitely not me. I need tips bc I’m only halfway there!

1AB83AC4-B7BC-4D09-B35E-669EAB9B7AE7.jpeg

Congratulations on your weight loss that is amazing! Celebrate that Queen because without the surgery you would mid have accomplished that on your own. And don’t compare yourself to others weight loss.

All you can do is evaluate your own habits, nutrient intake and your overall diet, if you feel you could have been more disciplined make those adjustments now and continue to enjoy your efforts you look great!

Thank you so much!! I needed to hear that 😌😌😌

Right on girl! WHOO! Go you! Sidenote: It's hard for me to get the 1,200-1,500 calories needed. I could barely get to 900 calories right now.

Edited by Tierra T Tij

Congratulations on you’re achievement! Like you I can def eat over the 1,000 calories threshold easily. I’m about 3.5 months out and I try to eat between 1,100-1,300 calories a day- but this requires me to plan out all my bites and Snacks. (I try to have six small meals a day give or take) but for sure I could eat 1,500-1,800 easily. It can be a little frustrating seeing people who are a year out and still can’t eat that much but at the end of the day- every body is different and ya just gotta embrace the one you got. Remember to be kind to yourself and Celebrate everything you’ve done so far!

3 hours ago, la0525 said:

Lost 80 pounds in one year (March 2) Feels great, yet feel it should’ve been a lot more :( Started over 300. I can easily eat 1800 calories (is this normal?!). I see people that say they can’t eat more than 600-800 and that’s definitely not me. I need tips bc I’m only halfway there!

1AB83AC4-B7BC-4D09-B35E-669EAB9B7AE7.jpeg

You did amazing and you look gorgeous! I can’t give any advice since I’m only 6 months out but I’m rooting for you!!

Like Aranchini says I cant help with the questions as I only just started this journey but I just wanted to say, you look so healthy and slim. Well done so far

7 hours ago, Tierra T Tij said:

Right on girl! WHOO! Go you! Sidenote: It's hard for me to get the 1,200-1,500 calories needed. I could barely get to 900 calories right now.

7 hours ago, Tierra T Tij said:

I know everyone's calorie intake can vary, but at seven years out, I'd gain weight if I ate 1800 every day (I eat that much sometimes, but if I did it consistently, my weight would start heading north pretty quickly).

at a year out, I was eating about 1000-1200 calories/day. You may want to try lowering your calories a bit to see if it kickstarts your weight loss again. You may have inadvertently put yourself into maintenance, and it sounds like you want to continue to lose.

Do you exercise? That's what made a huge difference for me. With my somatotype, I have to exercise or else I don't do as well. As you lose weight and your BMR decreases, sometimes you have to adjust your calories so you keep losing. That's why exercise helps me so much.

Best wishes on your continued weight loss journey!

I am almost 7 months out and I take in about 800-1000 calories per day and that is a struggle. I am not hungry and snack only to get my calories up. I walk 4-5 miles a day and drink around 80 ounces of fluids per day. I am really particular about what I eat. If I do not have a good reason why I am eating it, I skip it. For instance, if I am not getting Protein or it has a lot of carbs or fat, I am not interested in it. I think it is a mental game as well as physical. I truly could not imagine 1800 calories any time soon.

I am a year out as well and could also easily eat 1800 calories but I try not to because I know that would make me gain. If you do want to lose more you will probably be like me and have to measure everything out and plan snack times and make yourself wait for them even though you are maybe a little hungry. It has gotten harder for me now with the hunger hormones back, though. Congratulations on your loss so far.

Edited by ShoppGirl

Thank you so much everyone!! 😊

@la0525:

3.5 yrs out. Average 1800-2000 a day for maintenance.

In weight loss phase i was doing much, much less. But once that was over, I upped my cals to the levels it is now (actually my avg calorie intake was higher 2000-2200 around year 2 cuz i was exercising lots)

Regarding the issue number of calories, it’s actually quite easy to take in a high number of calories in the early months (or whenever, for that matter): just eat low-volume, high-cal foods. Like butter, oils, sugar, sauces/dressings, alcohol, fatty meat, cheese, nuts, etc. And of course candy, chips, etc. I mean i could/can eat more than one serving of chicharron/pork rinds (50g+) easily and that would be 500+ calories already.

I think the best way to utilize the small stomachs for weight loss in the early months is to identify what foods fill you up and which ones are sliders, and eat accordingly. This will be different for everyone so it’ll be trial and error. Of course this is a simplistic directive as nutrition and individual food tolerances are important factors.

There used to be a member on here that would share pics of the ridiculous amounts of food she would eat (in volume), but total calories were surprisingly low cuz she was very creative with her ingredients.

So when you read about people who can’t eat any more than x calories and get discouraged because you can eat 3x calories, keep volume and calorie density in mind.

Good Luck! ❤️

…and CONGRATS on ur anniversary and successful weight loss! The 80lbs loss SHOWS. You look great!

Thank you soooo much!!!!!! I will try those tips! You’re all so nice 😊