Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Slimfast type "diet" to go along with LapBand??

Hey all, have a concern. I never seem to to be able to eat anything until late in the evening. So I was wondering if using something such as boost--? for Breakfast and lunch would be ok, then eat small meal in evening. ?? It seems to fill me up, and packed with all the good vitamins/minerals. Give me your opinion!! Thanks

kristi

Longing - just a question, is your signature correct? Have you GAINED since having surgery?

I am interested in your question too - just had my second fill and I am not hungry until the afternoon either

<p>I think it makes good sense. It is rich in Protein and if it satiates you and doesn't cause excess liquid calories, sounds good to me.</p> <p> </p> <p>My doctor says no Protein shakes, only solids. I know that is all part of the way the band helps us but if you can't tolerate solids until 7 PM, then Slimfast makes sense to me.</p>

But I'm not a doctor of course. Just what I think. . .which is what you asked for:-))

I am also tight in the am and afternoon and can really only eat solids at dinner time. I love the Walmart brand slimfast ( I personally think it tastes better than namebrand), but it doesn't have much protien in it. I think it would be an ok route to take but make sure you choose the one that has the most protien in it so you are getting enough! I mean if its ok to do the slimfast diet with no band, why wouldn't be ok with the band?

Hi Longing,

My doctor said no to shakes too. He said to have scrambles eggs

instead for breakfast. I actually feel the same way that you do

regarding not wanting to eat in the am and afternoon. But my

best thinking got me fat, so I decided to listen to the

professional and now it's actually starting to become my

routine, even though most days I have to force myself to eat

during these times. I'm really trying to make this tool work for

me, not just because it's costing me $15,ooo, but the weight

has cost me so much more. It has robbed me of living life to the

fullest. I'm trying to do something different for myself, and listen

to someone else instead of coming up with my own solutions.

Please do whatever you feel is best for you, but the doctor's tell

us specific advise for OUR own good, and by golly you know

what?, for once I believe I'm worth it.!!!! Btw, I've lost 28lbs

now:)

P.S. isn't it amazing that now that we are banded the slimfast style diet actually keeps us full. Preband that stuff would make me ravenous about an hour after I drank it!

Cindy, I am not knocking your plan, but if I could get eggs down in the am I would be doing the same. Before my last fill, I was eating weight control oatmeal for bfast, now I can't even get that down! Ugg. I'd prefer solids to liquids anyday, but my band is a different story!

mbanja,

You sound like you are over filled, or maybe recently had a fill and still experiencing swelling? I really have to force myself to eat in the morning, but like I mentioned, I'm trying to stop coming up with my own solutions. Have you talked to your Doc about not being able to eat solids in the morning? Mine tells me the band is designed for us to eat solids. We are so worth this band working for us. That's the whole goal, but we have to do, what we have to do in order to keep our sanity. What are your weightloss numbers, everything's going great I hope. What did you start at? I hope to hear back from you. Oh, wish me luck, i'm going out to dinner for Xmas with some friends tonight. I'll let you know how I did!!!!

For breakfast, I have had a Slim Fast shake with a tablespoon of Peanut Butter and ice blended all together since I got the band 10 months ago. I just love the flavor and I never feel like eating in the morning and it keeps me full for 4 hours until next meal. If you are not consuming too many calories otherwise I don't see how it hurts anything. I have lost 82 pounds and for me it works. You have to do what works for your body.

Cindy, my stats are as follows. Banded 8/07 weight 235...fist fill 9/07 1.9cc in a 4cc band weight 228 (this fill volume was good but I could eat everything and wanted to be a little tighter)...2nd fill 10/07 2.7cc total weight 224...3days after 2nd fill nothing would go down 1st unfill of .03cc weight 218, 2nd unfill a week later all the 2nd fill taken out which brought me back to 1st fill volume of 1.9cc been at this volume for a month and a half current weight 205lbs. As you can see before the 2nd fill I could eat anything at 1.9cc now a month and a half after all the 2nd fill was taken out and back at 1.9cc I can't eat anything till p.m. I don't know why there is a difference in restriction now, but there is. I am a self pay so I am going to have to deal with this restriction until at least the first of the year or until I loose enough weight for it to loosen. I know I am still too tight but I have no money to fix the problem right now.

Just a quick question: what KIND of Slim Fast are you using? Be very careful about the carbs in each can! Slim Fast Optima has too many carbs, but Slim Fast DOES make a Lo Carb variety with only 5 grams of carbs.

So also watch the carb numbers on Boost, Ensure, Carnation Instant Breakfast.

You can buy whey Protein isolate powder and mix your own shakes--with little or no carbs and with the isolate, very very little lactose at about 100 - 110 calories a serving. :scared: