Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

April 2022 Surgery Buddies

Congrats!! I’m 4/19 in the NYC suburbs. Curious what they told you about how long it will take you to feel comfortable enough to fly home after surgery?

As of now mine is scheduled for 3/31

Hi! I signed up for the VSG on April 26th but recently decided to switch to the gastric bypass due to long-standing GERD.

Now I’m impatiently waiting! I’m also doing it in Mexico (Tijuana) due to self-pay with bmi <35.

Good luck! 4/19 surgery here. I love your username 😂

5 minutes ago, Goldengirl321 said:

Good luck! 4/19 surgery here. I love your username 😂

Who doesn’t love queso dip?! 😜

Edited by Quesodip251

Hey Y'all!

I'm having the SADI/SIPS (duodenal switch variant) on 4/4/22! It was originally scheduled for 2/28, but I couldn't get the cardiac clearance tests in time. So, next available was 4/4. I'm a bit bummed about how long I have to wait, but I've come to realize it is a great opportunity for me to practice all of the new habits I need to acquire - such as: sipping (I'm using a shot glass to drink Water so that I know what a 'sip' feels like in my mouth.), eating itty bitty bites, exercising a bit, getting into taking the Multivitamins routine, and testing different products for the clear liquid week following surgery, etc.

Just by way of stats - 58 year old female Texan who needs to lose 140lbs.

On 2/18/2022 at 12:13 AM, PurpleAngel73 said:

Hello everyone, I just got told today my duodenal switch surgery is April 5th. I finally got my surgery date. It may be a while. But it will be here before I know it. My high Protein low carb diet starts March 22nd. Can't wait to get started. Can't wait to get to know all of you.

Sherie

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm scheduled for the same (SADI/SIPS) surgery the day before you! And, fellow Texan, I see! Where are you in Texas, Sherie? I'm in the Austin Area.

Surgery Date April 1st, maybe April fools isn't the best day 🙂 I'm excited.

Good luck everyone on your surgery dates. The wait is brutal but we have the rest of our lives to live a healthier, better life so praying for patience 🙏

Are you all on a 2 week liquid date prior to surgery? That’s my surgeons plan and I’m so dreading it. But it will be good practice!

On 2/28/2022 at 8:05 PM, Dawnzie said:

I got my date for April 6th for my SIL VSG!! Anyone else willing to share where they are having theirs done? Any Mexico peeps in April?

I’m getting mine done in Mexico as well!

5 minutes ago, Goldengirl321 said:

Are you all on a 2 week liquid date prior to surgery? That’s my surgeons plan and I’m so dreading it. But it will be good practice!

Mine is only 2-days

So jealous!!

4 minutes ago, Goldengirl321 said:

So jealous!!

It’s tiered based on bmi.

I think I’d cheat if I was required to be on a clear liquid diet for weeks. I need queso dip to function 😭🤣😂