Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thursday was my last appointment. Now I’m waiting for pre-approval from my insurance company. I am SO NERVOUS. The waiting is making me crazy! I tossed and turned all night.

6 hours ago, suzannethemom said:

Thursday was my last appointment. Now I’m waiting for pre-approval from my insurance company. I am SO NERVOUS. The waiting is making me crazy! I tossed and turned all night.

crossing my fingers for you!!!! you got this!

10 hours ago, RockyD said:

No, I was ok . Very tired and sore but It was tolerable. No drains for me. That might be for bypass I had the sleeve.

My husband took only I day off and I was ok. I didn't do stairs. Alot of sleeping and walking and of course trying to get liquids in.

I have a high energy job so I took 5 weeks off and I was good going back. It took alot out of me the first couple days back.

I love premeir Protein. I had to Water them down after surgery but they have so many flavors that you don't get too bored. All flavors except the peanut butter( I didn't like that one ) were really good. No problem asking questions. I had so many also

Yeah I am trying to figure out that life balance. I have a 10 yr old and my roommate works during the day. I also have a multi level house so that may be interesting there too. I would guess stair is a no go or just too painful to do?

No you can do them but for me the first few days was painful.

Every recovery is different many people had very easy recoveries others not so much.

As long as you go slow and easy you'll do fine.

On 2/21/2022 at 7:35 PM, droner said:

Hi , I'm from Golden Valley and am currently 6 weeks PO. I am currently with Park Nicollet

Sent from my SM-N986U using BariatricPal mobile app

ok one last final question. How long did you have to do those breathing exercises for? Did you have to do the weird tube thing or something else?

I know this is an old thread but I live in Lonsdale. I use to live in Lakeville and even though mayo is a long drive it is well worth going to the Bariatric program there. I am getting a revision August 29th. I am pretty use to driving to Mayo because my little cousins live out there and I pick them up occasionally.

I had my sleeve done with Fairview and I did not like the nutrition program there. Funny story when I first started my whole journey back in 2017 I went with Park Nicollet first, and with their program you first see some sort of therapist. She denied me for any surgery and told me I had a eating disorder and I needed to do the Emily program for 12 months!!!!!! I went home crying! There was NO WAY I had an eating disorder! So I made an appointment with Fairview's Bariatric program a week after that and got my sleeve done. Couple months after that I got a piece of mail saying that provider is no longer employed with Park Nicollet.

8 hours ago, jenuinelygenuinely said:

Funny story when I first started my whole journey back in 2017 I went with Park Nicollet first, and with their program you first see some sort of therapist. She denied me for any surgery and told me I had a eating disorder and I needed to do the Emily program for 12 months!!!!!! I went home crying! There was NO WAY I had an eating disorder! So I made an appointment with Fairview's Bariatric program a week after that and got my sleeve done. Couple months after that I got a piece of mail saying that provider is no longer employed with Park Nicollet.

I cannot believe that the we have such similar stories! I also went to Park Nicollet first. The dietician was overly focused on my previous eating disorder, even though I completed two years of intense therapy and group BED therapy. She wanted me to resume therapy and postpone surgery. I also went home crying. I scheduled a new consultation with Ridgeview Clinic three weeks later and successfully had sleeve surgery two months later. It’s crazy the amount of hoops some doctors make their patients jump through. I am so thankful that I ditched Park Nicollet, lol.

2 hours ago, suzannethemom said:

I cannot believe that the we have such similar stories! I also went to Park Nicollet first. The dietician was overly focused on my previous eating disorder, even though I completed two years of intense therapy and group BED therapy. She wanted me to resume therapy and postpone surgery. I also went home crying. I scheduled a new consultation with Ridgeview Clinic three weeks later and successfully had sleeve surgery two months later. It’s crazy the amount of hoops some doctors make their patients jump through. I am so thankful that I ditched Park Nicollet, lol.

Yes!!! I am so happy I wasn't the only one that went through that. I am surprised at others who actually got through the process at Park Nicollet. I also ditched Park Nicollet and got a second opinion on the ED. It is super weird how other programs work!! Fairview-Your first appointment/meeting is with a group of people who are interested in the program and then at the end you add your name on the list if you want to make your first appointment with a nurse/dietician. Mayo-you see an endocrinologist/dietitian/therapist all in one day. Till this day I feel like the provider who denied me was trying to get more money in by referring her patients to the Emily Program.

Yes!!! I am so happy I wasn't the only one that went through that. I am surprised at others who actually got through the process at Park Nicollet. I also ditched Park Nicollet and got a second opinion on the ED. It is super weird how other programs work!! Fairview-Your first appointment/meeting is with a group of people who are interested in the program and then at the end you add your name on the list if you want to make your first appointment with a nurse/dietician. Mayo-you see an endocrinologist/dietitian/therapist all in one day. Till this day I feel like the provider who denied me was trying to get more money in by referring her patients to the Emily Program.
text

Sent from my Nexus 5X using BariatricPal mobile app

16 hours ago, jenuinelygenuinely said:

Till this day I feel like the provider who denied me was trying to get more money in by referring her patients to the Emily Program.

I totally agree. The dietician wanted me to do about six months of therapy through Park Nicollet, so they would have profited from that. I also got very lucky with Ridgeview because they scheduled my surgery quickly while other clinics were putting a “pause” on bariatric surgeries due to Covid.

21 hours ago, suzannethemom said:

Yeah I started my journey a couple yrs ago. I had a couple surgeries that was the reason to postpone. (I had already passed the physical stuff and diet stuff then btw) . Then after PTSD and stress management therapy and me looking into other therapies just to do all i can on that front this psychologist says I have to do 6 months to a yr of DBT . I ended up leaving DBT after a mo th cause I hated the program. I'm worried I jeopardized it all because I want to focus on my chronic Migraines vs therapy and work on residual stuff after I've healed from that. I think it's unfair to push a specific therapy knowing not all therapies fit everyone and I've met my minimums months and months ago. My life coach even says I'd be amazing for the surgery. I'm so frustrated everyone else on my team is amazing I don't want to lose them. But this J.S.(psychologist) is driving nuts.

A month from today, I leave my home of a quarter century to move to St. Paul (St. Anthony Park neighborhood). I'll stay with my brother just over the border in WI until the movers are ready (I'll drive across the country with my dog). I'm incredibly anxious about everything--leaving my friends, not having a job yet, the road trip, etc. I'm an academic librarian by training, and St. Paul has its fair share of higher ed.

On 7/25/2022 at 8:27 PM, suzannethemom said:

Hello everyone,

I've been missing for awhile but I am proud to report that FINALLY my surgery with park nicollet has been scheduled for March 13th. I'm so nervous and so excited and sick to my stomach. My gosh. I never though this day would come.