Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision because of Complications

Could anyone give me any insight on how this will work? The differences between the sleeve recovery verses the revision recovery? I'm not entirely sure if I'll be getting one but at this point my gut is saying that it's going to be necessary. I can't eat or drink anything. Throwing up, dry heaving, Still have stomach pain, they think it's all from gastritis. I feel like i'm starving to death at this point. My diet is ice cubes (barely). I can barely walk from malnutrition. I just turned 19 and I'm in college so I also don't know how much it would affect my classes.

I'm looking for things that are obvious about the recovery and things that aren't obvious that I might not think of. And if anyone else has gone through this.

When I got the sleeve I was more able to research things and literally memorize everything but I'm so messed up I really need someone to just help me figure it out kinda.

geez you poor thing,have the drs done anything to investgate whats causing this ? have you gone back to your surgeon and told him/her whats going on ? if you havent please do so asap.

11 hours ago, SleeverSk said:

geez you poor thing,have the drs done anything to investgate whats causing this ? have you gone back to your surgeon and told him/her whats going on ? if you havent please do so asap.

yes they know whats going on. my surgeons office hasnt done too much but i get endoscopy results this week from my stomach doctor and then i guess my surgeon will go from there.

I'm 18 days post op from my revision. I had RNY in 2007 and about 5 years ago, I started getting small bowel obstructions. Surgeon thought it was scar tissue, so I went in for an exploratory laparoscopy expecting minimal recovery, and I came out with a brand new bottom half of my bypass (rare issue called intussusception). For about a week, I was sore and tired and needed the pain meds. The biggest thing post op is to get your Protein and Vitamins in. The fatigue was the most debilitating but I ended up adding some extra Vitamin D, B and Omega 3s and it made a world of a difference. I have a desk job and after about 5 days I could sit and work for a few hours at a time before I needed a break. I've made sure to keep my social calendar empty so I can reserve my energy for the 'must do's'. I'm on purees now and I'm feeling better each day. Best of luck to you and I hope they're able to fix your issue soon!

Sent from my SM-G991U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 1/14/2022 at 6:38 PM, lindseylovesdogs said:

Could anyone give me any insight on how this will work? The differences between the sleeve recovery verses the revision recovery? I'm not entirely sure if I'll be getting one but at this point my gut is saying that it's going to be necessary. I can't eat or drink anything. Throwing up, dry heaving, Still have stomach pain, they think it's all from gastritis. I feel like i'm starving to death at this point. My diet is ice cubes (barely). I can barely walk from malnutrition. I just turned 19 and I'm in college so I also don't know how much it would affect my classes.

I'm looking for things that are obvious about the recovery and things that aren't obvious that I might not think of. And if anyone else has gone through this.

When I got the sleeve I was more able to research things and literally memorize everything but I'm so messed up I really need someone to just help me figure it out kinda.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It sounds terrifying and painful.

I had a revision from vsg to rny in August. My recovery was same or easier than with the vsg. I chewed Mylanta mini tabs to get rid of the excess gas after surgery. Physically, I don't feel different either except that my appetite is much less after RNY. All my issues were resolved after the revision (acid reflux, hunger problems... Etc.). I don't have any issues anymore, not bowel related or stomach related. So far (knock on wood ^^), it has been the best decision I've ever made concerning WLS.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It sounds terrifying and painful.

I had a revision from vsg to rny in August. My recovery was same or easier than with the vsg. I chewed Mylanta mini tabs to get rid of the excess gas after surgery. Physically, I don't feel different either except that my appetite is much less after RNY. All my issues were resolved after the revision (acid reflux, hunger problems... Etc.). I don't have any issues anymore, not bowel related or stomach related. So far (knock on wood ^^), it has been the best decision I've ever made concerning WLS.

Thank you

Is there anything drastically different? Like dumping, drinking, foods you can eat? stuff like that?