Jump to content
×
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Revision because of Complications



Recommended Posts

Could anyone give me any insight on how this will work? The differences between the sleeve recovery verses the revision recovery? I'm not entirely sure if I'll be getting one but at this point my gut is saying that it's going to be necessary. I can't eat or drink anything. Throwing up, dry heaving, Still have stomach pain, they think it's all from gastritis. I feel like i'm starving to death at this point. My diet is ice cubes (barely). I can barely walk from malnutrition. I just turned 19 and I'm in college so I also don't know how much it would affect my classes.

I'm looking for things that are obvious about the recovery and things that aren't obvious that I might not think of. And if anyone else has gone through this.

When I got the sleeve I was more able to research things and literally memorize everything but I'm so messed up I really need someone to just help me figure it out kinda.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

geez you poor thing,have the drs done anything to investgate whats causing this ? have you gone back to your surgeon and told him/her whats going on ? if you havent please do so asap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, SleeverSk said:

geez you poor thing,have the drs done anything to investgate whats causing this ? have you gone back to your surgeon and told him/her whats going on ? if you havent please do so asap.

yes they know whats going on. my surgeons office hasnt done too much but i get endoscopy results this week from my stomach doctor and then i guess my surgeon will go from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm 18 days post op from my revision. I had RNY in 2007 and about 5 years ago, I started getting small bowel obstructions. Surgeon thought it was scar tissue, so I went in for an exploratory laparoscopy expecting minimal recovery, and I came out with a brand new bottom half of my bypass (rare issue called intussusception). For about a week, I was sore and tired and needed the pain meds. The biggest thing post op is to get your Protein and Vitamins in. The fatigue was the most debilitating but I ended up adding some extra Vitamin D, B and Omega 3s and it made a world of a difference. I have a desk job and after about 5 days I could sit and work for a few hours at a time before I needed a break. I've made sure to keep my social calendar empty so I can reserve my energy for the 'must do's'. I'm on purees now and I'm feeling better each day. Best of luck to you and I hope they're able to fix your issue soon!

Sent from my SM-G991U using BariatricPal mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 1/14/2022 at 6:38 PM, lindseylovesdogs said:

Could anyone give me any insight on how this will work? The differences between the sleeve recovery verses the revision recovery? I'm not entirely sure if I'll be getting one but at this point my gut is saying that it's going to be necessary. I can't eat or drink anything. Throwing up, dry heaving, Still have stomach pain, they think it's all from gastritis. I feel like i'm starving to death at this point. My diet is ice cubes (barely). I can barely walk from malnutrition. I just turned 19 and I'm in college so I also don't know how much it would affect my classes.

I'm looking for things that are obvious about the recovery and things that aren't obvious that I might not think of. And if anyone else has gone through this.

When I got the sleeve I was more able to research things and literally memorize everything but I'm so messed up I really need someone to just help me figure it out kinda.

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It sounds terrifying and painful.

I had a revision from vsg to rny in August. My recovery was same or easier than with the vsg. I chewed Mylanta mini tabs to get rid of the excess gas after surgery. Physically, I don't feel different either except that my appetite is much less after RNY. All my issues were resolved after the revision (acid reflux, hunger problems... Etc.). I don't have any issues anymore, not bowel related or stomach related. So far (knock on wood ^^), it has been the best decision I've ever made concerning WLS.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It sounds terrifying and painful.

I had a revision from vsg to rny in August. My recovery was same or easier than with the vsg. I chewed Mylanta mini tabs to get rid of the excess gas after surgery. Physically, I don't feel different either except that my appetite is much less after RNY. All my issues were resolved after the revision (acid reflux, hunger problems... Etc.). I don't have any issues anymore, not bowel related or stomach related. So far (knock on wood ^^), it has been the best decision I've ever made concerning WLS.

Thank you

Is there anything drastically different? Like dumping, drinking, foods you can eat? stuff like that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Trending Products

  • Trending Topics

  • Recent Status Updates

    • lizardskelter

      done
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • heyitsdilly

      I've officially surpassed 80lbs of weight loss! Working on that 100lbs!
      · 1 reply
      1. acopas

        Way to go!

    • Songbyrd420

      Kind of nervous, as expected. One month out from surgery!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • lauren.g

      😫 Hi, I’m new to bariatricpal! I am 8 days post op VSG. I am struggling very badly. I’ve been so emotional because I feel like I’m doing wrong. I’m afraid I’ll eat or drink to fast or eat the wrong thing. I’ve been on Pinterest and YouTube constantly for help. I have followed all of my surgeons and dieticians instructions. I just don’t know if my body is getting enough. Today, I am weak, sore, and just exhausted. 
      · 2 replies
      1. Tara A

        It passes!! Everyone goes though it! It is a short term emotion! I'm almost five years post op! You made the right decision! Don't focus on the change right now. Try to entertain your mind. What your feeling only last about a week. It's related to your body adjusting and you mind adjusting. You got this!!

      2. SleeverSk

        I agree with Tara it's hard right now but it gets better do t forget your hormones will be all over the place you may even feel depressed. Be kind to yourself reach out and talk to people how you are feeling .

    • Reluctantsleever

      Scheduled for VSG and hernia repair surgery 5/18/22
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

  • Hot Products

  • Sign Up For
    Our Newsletter

    Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

    PatchAid Vitamin Patches

    ×